2010/2011 Purple Myst Project

• Thread starter Xrancher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xrancher

Xrancher

This is already been a year long project to get to this point.
For those farmers that would like to follow along..welcome to my Purple Myst Diary.
This project started with the germination of 7 seeds. Over the years our household has accumulated hundreds if not a thousand seeds from all over the place and I did not keep very good records as to where they came. These 7 seeds came from a container labeled "Mystery Medical" from that only 3 germinated and one was a purple pheno, "The Purple Girl".

Here is a link to the original thread about her...if anyone is interested...

A young mother...

mystery_west2.JPG

A more mature mother...

Purple_Star_Burst1.JPG

purple_leaf_sunrise.jpg

Anyway...I cloned her when she was in full flower...

purple_girl_clone2.JPG

and kept those poor little plants in a closet all winter under LEDs...

closet_clones.JPG

Now it's time to get my ass in gear...as I'm planning to put them in the ground for this growing season...but for now...they are going to be in a grow tent to hopefully go into full on veg so I can get some more clones before planting them in the ground for an outdoor grow this year.

First day plants are in grow tent...in pretty bad shape I'm ashamed to say...

4_Purplegirl_clones.JPG

The outdoor plot...

Hoop_House_spot1.JPG

Building the hoop greenhouse...6:00pm

hoop_house2.JPG

Covered with plastic...8:00pm...hopefully protecting the plot from any rain containing Japanese radiation...

hoop_house3.JPG

So here I go...updates to follow...

Xrancher

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
i want to do that, uk summers are crap full-on intense sunshine.

Xrancher

Xrancher

i want to do that, uk summers are crap full-on intense sunshine.

This is actually to be able to get them in the ground within the next 4 weeks...still cold and wet here in nor cal. Last year we had a freeze on I believe May 21st...hence the hoop house.

They will have to have supplemental lighting until May...that being supplied with 65 watt
5500k CFLs strung on the peak of the hoop house.

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Well...I hate to have to update this...we have had a series of pretty bad storms come through Nor Cal...40+ mph winds ripped my hoop house...so to save the hoops I was out with tree limbs falling all over the place to remove what was left of the plastic sheeting.

Now the sheeting is just laying on the ground to cover the plot so it won't get water soaked.

We've been on emergency generator power for 2 days now, the plants and our whole house have been suffering through it.

The ballasts won't work on our little 6500watt generator...so we have one CFL lighting the grow tent...shit!

If the power is not on by today I'm putting more lights in the tent.

The gas prices are killing me for the generator...$30.00 a day...fuck!

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Let there be light

The power came back on at 7:00pm the 21st yesterday. I guess it was only out for 48 hours but seemed like a lot longer when you and your garden are suffering...

Light at last...

let_there_be_lights.JPG

I hope they're okay...? That was a rough 48 hours...those poor girls...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

4/1/2011

Well, the girls have been pretty happy the last week and a half and are vegging nicely on 18/6. They still have a few trichomes showing but are growing great.

here's a pic on April Fools day.

Purple_Myst_4_1_2011.JPG

Hopefully they go in the hoop house in about a week...I'll see how the new mods on the hoop house go.

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Update april 7,2011

Well I finally got to till the outdoor patch for the four Purple myst clones.
They are about three feet tall and really growing in the tent.

Here is the patch where the hoop house will go right before I amended the soil with Dr. Earths Organic vegetable fertilizer 5-7-3. I also added two boxes of Bat Guano...this was on top of about a yard of high grade horse manure. I don't have pics of the tilled patch just yet because I finished late in the evening.

plot_462011_before_amendaments.JPG

Pics of the Purple Myst clones on April 6, 2011

purple_myst_clones_462011.JPG

Purple_Myst_clones2_on_4_6_2011.JPG

A bit closer look...these girls are taking off...

Purple_Myst_close_on_4_6_2011.JPG

I'm planning to get them in the redesigned hoop house next week...

Xrancher

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

looks like bubba to me
staying short and coming in real thick after topping?

Xrancher

Xrancher

I appreciate your input mastacheeser but I've grown BK and these don't look anything like the BK I grew.

The pics of the purple leaves was taken of the mother about a month into flower.

We did a staggered harvest to see how the young buds were as compared to the ones that where left until August and then September.

The starburst pic above shows the older purple buds with the younger lower buds as green.

The ones picked in September were mostly purple and I grew 15 different strains last year all next to each other...this one is definitely Indica dominate in growth and medicinally.

Each strain I grew looked, smelled and had very different characteristics.

Two of the strains had 2 plants each which were very similar if not identical to the other.

I really wanted to keep this pheno going...so far so good.

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Patch Tilled and Raked

Well I finally found time between all the shit that seems to be going down in my world right now to till in my nutes and rake the patch.

nutes_tilled_raked_472011.JPG

I also got a shot of my dog's "Arch Enemy"...if he could only climb trees...

my_dogs_arch_enemy.jpg

My goal today is to get the hoop house together...I'll see how that goes...

ETA: Well that didn't happen today...there's always tomorrow...

It seems like everyone around me is in a life direction change...and wanting my help...I'm just trying to find the medicine that helps with my nerve pain so I can ditch that other fucking prescription pharmacy shit...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Update April,13, 2011

The Hoop greenhouse is done! I am going to plant these girls in the ground in the next week. Maybe on 4-20 that day seems appropriate.

Here's a pic of the Purple Myst clones after a month in the grow tent...

They're droopy because the lights have just turned off...

Purple_Myst_clones_4122011.JPG

Hoop Greenhouse vent gable...

Hoop_House_vent_gable.JPG

Door gable with vents closed...

Hoop_House_door_gable.JPG

Interior...notice lights...

Hoop_House_interior.JPG

Yep these lights...

Hoop_House_supplemental_lighting.JPG

Xrancher

A

Abob

Xrancher, like what you got going there, Nice to grow in the peaceful out doors. Great Luck to you

X

XRanger

Frankly I've lived in places less extravagant than this hoop greenhouse you built. Pretty badass man! I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Xrancher

Xrancher

Thanks Abob and XRanger, I have had to actually live in a car at one time...and it wasn't even my car...
good times...

well the vents weren't big enough...so...another mod...a door on the vent end as well...

vent_gable_remodel.JPG

This door will get a vent in the top of it today if all goes according to plans...
that's a big if now days...as my plans seem to change with the wind...

4-20 is just around the corner...if I want to plant the Purple Myst clones in the hoop house I gotta get crackin...

Xrancher

A

Abob

Xrancher In the 72 I lived out on the Kneeland road Star Route 90 a dirt road some 20 miles long that dropped in behind Humboldt College. The house was built from the local redwood trees in 1917 wood burning stove and wood burning fireplace for heat. There was an old water wheel none operational down by the creek. The house was located on 3,200 undisturbed acres, truly a wonder land when you took the time to explore the reins of settlers home and old abandoned orchards mostly apples, trees with limbs as wide as sidewalks it would take six people arms stretched wide hand to hand to embrace the circumference. I'm reminiscing on time gone by, well any way I moved into that house with a collection of seeds approx 2lbs worth and a paper back book called The Cultivators Hand book for growing MJ or something like that. I germinated and planted at least 1000 plants. I had a few but not many that grew red and then faded into green. They had red stems and every terminal bud would push up maroon red and the as it grew through would gradient into green. I loved those special plants with the color of red.

I always contributed the color of those special plants to the Panama Red strain. I sold pot just to get the seeds befor I made the move up there (there where always seeds back then). I remember turning pounds and pounds of Columbian Gold (Claw we called it) and Panama Red. Who knows it could of been the cool evening and mornings bring on the color, but then again I like to think of it as being the Panama Red. As that story went never saw it flower had to move on gave the grow to a good friend. That was fun chapter
Story time But maybe its the Strain I mentioned.

Xrancher

Xrancher

I always contributed the color of those special plants to the Panama Red strain. I sold pot just to get the seeds befor I made the move up there (there where always seeds back then). I remember turning pounds and pounds of Columbian Gold (Claw we called it) and Panama Red. Who knows it could of been the cool evening and mornings bring on the color, but then again I like to think of it as being the Panama Red. As that story went never saw it flower had to move on gave the grow to a good friend. That was fun chapter
Story time But maybe its the Strain I mentioned.

Thanks for the story Abob...I'm actually a Humboldt native...moved a couple of hours south when I was three...I still have family up that way...kinda wish I would have stayed...but I live in a pretty cool place as of now...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Purple Myst Update April 18, 2011

I actually got a bunch accomplished today...got the vent in the other door...holes dug and one of the Purple Myst in the ground and ran out of time...

Marking holes...

marking_holes_between_lights.JPG

Holes dug...

Holes_dug.JPG

The first plant in the ground...before I ran out of light cycle...the rest will be planted tomorrow, ah...this afternoon I guess...it's 12:11am

first_Purple_Myst_planted.JPG

Man, those Plants need some trimming...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Purple Myst 4-20-2011 Update

Ya Hoo...the greenhouse is almost filled...all four of the Purple Myst's are in the ground...on 420...

Purple_Myst1_420.JPG

Purple_Myst2_420.JPG

Purple_Myst3_420.JPG

Purple_Myst4_420.JPG

Purple_Myst6_420.JPG

Purple_Myst5_420.JPG

yeah, I do have some others in there as well...it's gonna be a jungle!

I am providing two other 215 patients as well as my household so I am 215 compliant...for what it's worth...

If you look close you can see the inside of my black/white plastic sheathing so my neighbors won't be bothered by my lights from 4:00am to 7:00am and from 7:00pm to 10:00pm.

The plastic just pulls up between the PVC hoops and the clear plastic...I'm going to be doing that manually for one month...until May 20th...pull it up at 7:00pm...pull it down at 7:00am...no rest for the wicked I guess.

After May 20th the plastic all comes off and away they go...

Xrancher

A

Abob

Xrancher, Those plants are going to be awesome In no time the weather is going t come around and they will explode with growth. Very Very kool This will be fun to watch Thnks for posting

Top Bottom