2010/2011 Purple Myst Project

• Thread starter Xrancher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xrancher

Xrancher

Hey thanks Abob, I just got finished installing the irrigation system...
very simple...

1/2" black plastic manifold with 1/4" line directly to the individual plants...

on for ten minutes every 24 hours for now...I'll see how that works...

Water_system_4222011.JPG

New growth on the first clone I planted...

New_Growth_4222011.JPG

come on May...!

Xrancher

Aligee

Aligee

Dam that looks very nice brah impressive one day ill enjoy the great outdoors !!!

Xrancher

Xrancher

Thanks Aligee, this has been a life long dream to grow outdoors fairly open...the neighbors all know and so does the sheriff dept...although I keep it as low key as possible...I've had to tell a tweaker neighbor I'll dial 911 if someone tries to rip me off...that was last year...
I'm actually more afraid of rippers with guns...if ya know what I mean.

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

April 23, 2011 Unique Colors

I couldn't resist posting a few closeups of the girls...

April_23_2011k.JPG

April_23_2011j.JPG

April_23_2011b.JPG

April_23_2011d.JPG

April_23_2011f.JPG

April_23_2011h.JPG

Well...she's a colorful one for sure...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Looking for a suitor...

Yep, the Purple Myst girls are lookin to get laid...

Now, if I could only find a male with good genetics...

Oh looky there...

Cali_Purple_Chem2.JPG

Some little "Purple Chems" from Cali Connection...hmmm...I wonder where all the boys are?

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Thanks XRanger, It's interesting...you calling me dad...is there some hidden meaning to that...ha ha!
Living the dream is hard ass work as you well know, but the rewards are well worth the work.
Next time you're in the area stop by the ranch you're always welcome son!

Oh, by the way, thanks so much for all your help when you were visiting!

See ya...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

April 27, 2011

Here are few pics around the greenhouse...

Through shot...

Through_Shot.JPG

Purple Chem through a Purple Myst with a Purple Dawg clone on the left...

Purple_Chem_with_Purple_Myst.JPG

150 year old plow guarding the patch...

150yr_old_plow.JPG

Cool...Swerve...over at Cali Connection...gave me his blessing to breed the Purple Chem with my Purple Myst.

That is going to be some fat ass Purple Indica or would that be...
"Super Purple Chem"...!?

It always feels good to get the breeders okay...if ya know what I mean...

Thanks Swerve for those awesome genetics!

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

April 28, 2011

Today we take clones off the Purple Myst to give to our special friends so she will have another life... and will hopefully give peace and healing to those special friends as well.

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

We finally got around to cloning our Purple myst...

Purple_Mystic_clones.jpg

come on roots...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

I've been up early this morning...like 3:00am...so I did some research on
Cali Connections Purple Chem...

What I found is that Purple chem = original Chemdog 91 skunk va cut x Blackwater male...

Blackwater = Mendo Purps x SFV OG Kush F3...

anyway that's what I've got from Swerves posts over @The Cali Connection

He says he's goin to post some pics over there but it looks like I have the only pic posted...and they aren't that good...I'll post some more over there when i get a chance...waiting on a reply from Swerve...looks like these plants may share some of the same genetics?

My 215 compliant patch is a stones throw from Mendocino county...so I believe my Purple Mystery girls are most likely from there.

If I pollinate my Purple female with a Purple Chem male what will I call the f1 hybrid?

ETA: after further study...if these two plants share some of the same genetics the offspring won't be a true F1...but rather strengthening the dominate traits...or who knows?

wiki link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_hybrid

I guess I'll have to wait and see what the hybrid looks like and what its medicinal qualities are before I can say anything...?

Man this is some fun shit...I am living the dream...damn...sometimes I have to just pinch myself to see if it's real!

And many thanks to those of you who stop in for a visit.

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Purple Jungle May 3, 2011

here's the beginning of a purple jungle...

Purple_Jungle1.JPG

Purple_Jungle3.JPG

I don't know if there is enough room to grow another three weeks under the plastic...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

May 8, 2011 Pics

Happy Mother's day to all you lovely mothers...

I've been real busy with my vegetable gardens lately and have not been taking pictures that much.
Here's a couple today...

Purple_myst_May_8_2011.JPG

Three little Purple Chems from The Cali Connection...
Fat ass and big leaves...

Purple_Chem_May_8_2011.JPG

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Purple Myst Lab Analysis...

Well I just got the results back for the original flowers of the 2010 Purple Myst mother, from Pure Analytics lab...

And the #'s are...

Purple_Myst_Analysis_redacted2.JPG

Well...I was disappointed in the low CBDs...but the THC content does give me a bit of a buzz...at least she has some CBDs...I think the Purple Myst Project will continue...

+pic of lab sample...

Purple_Myst_Lab_Sample_pic2.JPG

Medicinal Discussion...

Purple_myst_Medicinal_Discussion2.jpg

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Greenhouse Pics May 15, 2011

It's raining a bit here in nor cal this week...last year we had a hard freeze May 21...so I'm kinda watching the weather to see when I pull off all the plastic so these girls can really take off...

Here are some pics from this morning...

4greenhouse_5_15_2011.JPG

3greenhouse_5_15_2011.JPG

2greenhouse_5_15_2011.JPG

1greenhouse_5_15_2011.JPG

The top of the cages are 4'6" one is above that right now...

I was thinking about taking the plastic off on the full moon...but it might be raining...we'll see...

eta: just had a hail storm blow through about 5 minutes ago 12:50pm local

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

May 20, 2011

Well May 20th is here...these girls have been in here one month now and I'm about to let them out into the wilds of the outdoors...I really need some kind of screen so the neighbors don't freak when they see these plants...

4greenhouse_5_20_2011.JPG

3greenhouse_5_20_2011.JPG

1greenhouse_5_20_2011.JPG

So...I have my sunflower screen ready to go...ha ha...

1_sunflowers_5_20_2011.JPG

They are a little small...but if you lay down on the ground you can see them blocking the view...

2_sunflowers_5_20_2011.JPG

3_sunflowers_5_20_2011.JPG

I guess they're not quite doing the job yet...

Here's the exterior for the last time with plastic...

2exterior_greenhouse_5_20_2011.JPG

I am really apprehensive about pulling the plastic and supplemental lighting...but it is a bit light at 5:00am and light until 8:00pm so I'm hoping they will get photons for at least 15 hours...I guess I'll just have to do it and see.

Xrancher

T

theTinker

Thanks for the great documentation. Im really looking forward to following your progress. Great clear color balanced pictures :)

Xrancher

Xrancher

Thanks for the great documentation. Im really looking forward to following your progress. Great clear color balanced pictures :)

Thanks for dropping in for a look at my project and also thanks for the compliment on the pics...

The plastic is still on today...the weather guesstimaters keep changing the forecast on me so I'm holding out another day or two...I have plants on the edges touching the plastic...what to do...?

The pics are shot with an old Canon A610 Power Shot Digital that was given to me because it didn't work...it has quit on me once or twice...I just stick it in the sun or heater vent for a bit to get any condensation out of it and it fires right back up...I keep telling it..."don't make me take you apart, because I will"...
I have a nasty habit of taking things apart...and putting them back together minus a few screws...ha ha...but they always seem to work...I wonder why they use extra screws...?...hmmm...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

May 22, 2011

I was just out contemplating my next move and had to snap a few pics...

5 foot Purple Myst...

5_foot_Purple_Myst_May_22_2011.JPG

close shot...

2nd_shot_of_5_footer_May_22_2011.JPG

I'm thinking when I remove the plastic I'll keep my supplemental lighting intact with the settings I changed to last night...
lights on @ 5:00am off @ 7:00am...
lights on @ 7:30pm off @ 9:00pm.

That's 16/8...rather than 18/6...I hope they like it...
I'm trying to get them adjusted to the natural light cycle.

Xrancher

Top Bottom