2015 Denver Cup

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

How many kids have you saved with your work?

Or is your work designed to fund your lifestyle?

After you meet with the families that are using cannabis oil to treat terminal disease, please post your suggestions about how they can succeed. THAT is what this is about. Not how we can best grow and sell weed for making dabs or how those guys affected your business. I don't drink Kool-Aid. I drink beer and would be glad to sit and chat over a pint, maybe share ideas, but I will not join the chorus that slanders other people without good reason.
View attachment 504387
Isn't everybody's work designed to fund their lifestyle? How else is one supposed to fund their lifestyle, welfare or a trust fund?
That's a mighty tall soap box you've got there dude.

"Slander without good reason?" It's not slander if it's true.

Last edited:
420circuit

420circuit

There is nothing stopping the rest of us from prioritizing our work to serve sick people. We should not impede or criticise the efforts of those who do.

MGRox

MGRox

Just wanted to pop in and say it was great to meet all the people that I had the opportunity to meet. Everyone seems like real good people for sure!!! My motto for the trip is "un-prepared" lol. So many levels of things that could've been prepped better.
I had a great time overall and just wish I had of been in better shape to hang longer friday. heh. Also a sincere thank you to all the farmers that helped me (and friend) feel welcome; since it was out of the blue and all. I know a couple old school outdoor guys around here and helped a person or two; otherwise it was my first time getting to meet any real growers and was just great!

I generally get a lot of my happiness from little things in life and this trip was full of all kinds of little things! On top of the fact that I never thought I would get to do something like this in my lifetime. It will be something that I'll never forget!!

I hunted a bit for the flyin J and unfortunately didn't meet up (along with a several others); but alas I was in full tin hat mode, so it's my fault there xD. (well that and not prepared heh)

I made it back fine (for anyone who knew it was an issue ;)) and the trip was quite sweet ;).

Thanks again to everyone and I hope y'all had a good time!!!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

There is nothing stopping the rest of us from prioritizing our work to serve sick people. We should not impede or criticise the efforts of those who do.
I agree but That's not what the Stanley brothers do. They manipulate, divide, conquer and monopolize. I don't think anything that anybody here says is going to resinate with you though, you already fell in love with Josh Stanley and apparantly have a pre judged bias against anybody who criticizes him as being less than worthy, dab fiends. So out of respect for this thread I will let you sing Josh Stanley's praises until your heart's content rather than go back and forth with you and harsh everybody's memories. I don't think anybody here wants to hear about Josh Stanley though, just fyi.

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

I don't think I've ever seen so much hate coming from a growers circle. i think 420circuit has already agreed that he wouldn't conduct his business the way they have chosen too. there is nothing wrong with wanting to give credit to them for the work they have done with the kids. Regardless of how they did it, they have saved kids lives. And that is something special. I know i would feel my life is complete if i could have a part in making someone else's life last as long as it was intended too.

It seems that everyone here hates the Stanley's and its all because of the way they have chosen to do business. I don't think 420 has argued there business structure. I think he only wants to give credit to there motivation in treating patients with results. Im sure, in the end they just want to get another dollar in the pocket.

Think of the patients that have been cured or seen a dramatic recession of the disease. Some of these kids would be dead by now if it wasn't for the Stanley's work. No matter who made the medicine, im just glad the medicine was made and used.

Sorry just had to chime in. sooo much hate being spread, if you don't have anything good to say than don't say anything at all!!!!!! :)

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I don't think I've ever seen so much hate coming from a growers circle. i think 420circuit has already agreed that he wouldn't conduct his business the way they have chosen too. there is nothing wrong with wanting to give credit to them for the work they have done with the kids. Regardless of how they did it, they have saved kids lives. And that is something special. I know i would feel my life is complete if i could have a part in making someone else's life last as long as it was intended too.

It seems that everyone here hates the Stanley's and its all because of the way they have chosen to do business. I don't think 420 has argued there business structure. I think he only wants to give credit to there motivation in treating patients with results. Im sure, in the end they just want to get another dollar in the pocket.

Think of the patients that have been cured or seen a dramatic recession of the disease. Some of these kids would be dead by now if it wasn't for the Stanley's work. No matter who made the medicine, im just glad the medicine was made and used.

Sorry just had to chime in. sooo much hate being spread, if you don't have anything good to say than don't say anything at all!!!!!! :)
I wouldn't be surprised if the work the Stanley brothers have done with kids is political/marketing motivated. How hard is it for a parent to get CBD meds themselves and administer it to their children? Giving it directly from Stanley bros to the kid in this day and age when it's still sched 1 seems like they are trying to get attention.

Anyway, as a new farmer on this board perhaps you are not aware of the stress most CO medical growers and patients suffered as a result of HB 1284. For over a year and a half of uncertainty we watched our livelihoods robbed away from us legally by government. I think both of you guys are only seeing things from one limited, idealistic perspective and ironically being pretty obtuse and selfish.

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
That's because he is a great salesman. Please never forget that the slithering Stanley brothers lobbied hard for our good buddy Chris Romer's HB 1284 which destroyed the industry and displaced and criminalized thousands of growers and patients.

You drank the Stanley kool aid my friend. Were you in Colorado growing for yourself and 15 patients in 2009-10 when the shit hit the fan? Or are you just learning about the Stanley brothers now after the dust is starting to settle 5 years later? Clearly you weren't cut as deep as the rest of us by the Scamleys. If you don't believe the Scamley brothers personally funded lobbying for 1284 and 64 then you are wrong. They were not private about it at the time. You are going to bat for the wrong people.

Isn't everybody's work designed to fund their lifestyle? How else is one supposed to fund their lifestyle, welfare or a trust fund?
That's a mighty tall soap box you've got there dude.

"Slander without good reason?" It's not slander if it's true.

I agree but That's not what the Stanley brothers do. They manipulate, divide, conquer and monopolize. I don't think anything that anybody here says is going to resinate with you though, you already fell in love with Josh Stanley and apparantly have a pre judged bias against anybody who criticizes him as being less than worthy, dab fiends. So out of respect for this thread I will let you sing Josh Stanley's praises until your heart's content rather than go back and forth with you and harsh everybody's memories. I don't think anybody here wants to hear about Josh Stanley though, just fyi.

I wouldn't be surprised if the work the Stanley brothers have done with kids is political/marketing motivated. How hard is it for a parent to get CBD meds themselves and administer it to their children? Giving it directly from Stanley bros to the kid in this day and age when it's still sched 1 seems like they are trying to get attention.

Anyway, as a new farmer on this board perhaps you are not aware of the stress most CO medical growers and patients suffered as a result of HB 1284. For over a year and a half of uncertainty we watched our livelihoods robbed away from us legally by government. I think both of you guys are only seeing things from one limited, idealistic perspective and ironically being pretty obtuse and selfish.
Thank you I figured someone would chime in with better knowledge to back my claims:D

sensicloud

sensicloud

Great read, ^ thanks for posting that @Texas Kid . it's good to know the truth behind all that, I'm from out of state and I had no clue about those details even after watching the tv shows etc.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

A decent read if interested

http://www.westword.com/news/charlo...ados-biggest-cannabis-success-stories-6050830

Greenwerkz is that massive greenhouse facility at the corner of 8th and 25, growers wet dream for sure, beautiful site..

Big read but if these Stanlys can develope a strain like this why cant everyone else like theres enough talent around and loompa's on it but maybe a few others need to devote some energy . Like speaking purely on the business side it would make sense for every breeder to have a like breed in there strains as if all else go's to pickle the med demands for cannabis will keep it legal . just a thought ' and while no one wants to profit off sick kids there would be a stable demand that could cover your overheads .

420circuit

420circuit

Thanks TK, what a complicated mess this is. The good news is that a lot of people are involved in the effort. I apologize for diverting the Cup thread, had no idea about the whole story. The take away from this is that a lot of people are being treated successfully with cannabis oil. :D

J-fly

J-fly

ROC is a cash cow, the Stanley's are not paying the bills, not even close, more like families of sick kids are..all should do a little more research on that whole hustle...Web is R4 badseed from Greenwerks and is not even the best CBD producing strain available these days....Plus CBD oil is 50 state legal, no need to move kids and families to Colorado and pay out the ass to get something you can get at the health food stores or off Amazon that is cleaner and more consistant..don't believe the Stanley hype, ROC is giving nothing away.

I saw some of the cbd oil on amazon. Is that stuff legit. The stuff I saw said it was made with industrial hemp. Does it provide any relief at all? How do they remove the thc? I just thought it was super low grade hemp oil that wouldnt do anything or was synthetic. I never heard of it till one of my North Carolina mentioned it recently.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If the quest is for CBD rich oil than industrial hemp strains are the only way to go..we are seeing them now that are 26+ % CBD and less than .01 % THC and I have seen 82% CBD extractions in the last year or so...even though the actual plant is considered illegal in all but a few states, once it is processed into a concentrate/oil it is legal in all 50 states and internationally. No need to uproot your families and spend tons pf cash on a holistic treatment that can be had for a couple bucks from a number of sources...All the Charolette's Web/ CBD legislation being championed and passed in the states by "do gooder" senators right now is a total waste of time and a complete joke. Parents with sick kids sitting in state capitols hoping for positive votes to get a product that is available right down the street already. Total waste of time and tax payers dollars imo. That is if you believe that CBD oil is truely the cause of the relief, the jury is really still out on that one.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

How many kids have you saved with your work?

Or is your work designed to fund your lifestyle?

After you meet with the families that are using cannabis oil to treat terminal disease, please post your suggestions about how they can succeed. THAT is what this is about. Not how we can best grow and sell weed for making dabs or how those guys affected your business. I don't drink Kool-Aid. I drink beer and would be glad to sit and chat over a pint, maybe share ideas, but I will not join the chorus that slanders other people without good reason.
View attachment 504387

You seem like you have your heart in the right place, but your far too trusting of a "persona" over the person. The Stanley's are all about cornering the market, any market they are in they are trying to corner. First they wanted to control Fort Collins, then they took their shot at Denver, having failed miserably at both now they are after the CBD market ( and National recognition too boot ). I know the Stanley's and they are 'salesmen' they sell you on their life style, their product and their dare i say it 'celebrity'. This has been the case since Josh was on DEAD TOUR back in the day, and selling mainland grown cannabis as "Hawaiian Grown".

As for your question about "saving Kids" all i will say is i have been working with families in TEXAS over 5 years to get their kids what they need cheaply. Most people that come to me are word of mouth references and are not able to sustain the costs of traditional treatment, often in multi-thousand dollar a week ballpark. As a grower i have the ability to produce what they need very inexpensively and so do the Stanley's, the difference is the Stanley's are building a profit machine off of those parents often by comparing what they would have to pay for traditional treatment Vs. what they charge,........Sorry but that is EVIL! How about telling those same parents the cost of producing oil from scrap, and how to do it. It will be a very cold day in HELL before Josh and his band of brothers give up a god dammed thing without a price tag attached to it!

And in parting i will also offer up the example of @Greywolf, now he has impacted many many patients, and their parents and has never asked for a dime (formal classes at the old school excepted) for all of his work, work i believe the Stanley's followed pretty closely in creating their product. We all get distracted by the guy jumping up and down, waving his arms and shouting 'look at me, i'm so great' just remember the guy that doesn't do that is often even better, and more focused on what he is actually making,.....and not on the stack of dollars he wants to roll around in.

zeke

zeke

I stopped by the Charlottes Web booth and had a laugh at their one ounce CBD tincture bottles. Each bottle contained a miserly 200mg of CBD. So unless you drink the bottle its hardly a useful dose. I scored some nice seeds as well. Had a great time in Denver.

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

you scored some topdawg packs? @zeke you lucky dog.my first stop 1st day was topdawgs booth and they had sold out by 4pm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom