2019 outdoor season

• Thread starter 45North
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerriR

TerriR

Wait, Father's Day?? Less than a week before summer solstice? Must be auto's?

Absolutely not! The light meter you probably already have on your soil moisture tester will tell you partial shade like yours is only a small reduction if sun power. So, no it makes little difference. If this spot is the best in your application don't even think about it. Most wish they had as much sun as you do. I'm SoCal but close to the ocean so my climate is more temperate and the fog blocks direct sun for several hours at least each day. I was worried until I checked the gauge. I'd bet most home growers have to compromise on location balancing convenience and in my case aesthetics. This year all planters are on wheels so I can move them around for better sun exposure or protection from the wind. So if you see me wheeling my girls around in their buggy, in your neighborhood, I'm just trying to find the perfect sun exposure! Looks like you already have it. Though, I've found cannabis doesn't like it HOT. Above 90 and they start to wilt. Had to take the whole grow indoor for a couple of days to let them heal.
Thanks GDub! I’ll see how it does for a few days...I have spots to move them to if they don’t act happy. I am ok with less growth anyway...those 6 ft trees give me way more harvest than I know what to do with. 🤫

Porcupine

Porcupine

Thanks GDub! I’ll see how it does for a few days...I have spots to move them to if they don’t act happy. I am ok with less growth anyway...those 6 ft trees give me way more harvest than I know what to do with. 🤫
Problem is at that latitude there’s a good chance that they’ll start flowering if you put them out before the Summer Solstice as GDubs has pointed out. They’ll probably have to go through regeneration and then go back to vegging. I’m at 43 degrees north and generally I won’t put anything outdoors until usually July 1st unless they are auto’s. I do put them out for several hours a day in the afternoon to harden them off a little bit though.

TerriR

TerriR

Problem is at that latitude there’s a good chance that they’ll start flowering if you put them out before the Summer Solstice as GDubs has pointed out. They’ll probably have to go through regeneration and then go back to vegging. I’m at 43 degrees north and generally I won’t put anything outdoors until usually July 1st unless they are auto’s. I do put them out for several hours a day in the afternoon to harden them off a little bit though.
Oh crap! Is that what causes that? I am working too hard...I could start them in May instead of March, thanks good info!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
E95FC8DB F8F9 4CDC 84AE 44ED68314D74
C118A564 5E59 4F33 96AA AB2A9A4419D4
D3A2DED2 7D79 4C93 9084 33BF13720989
D0E96C2C 1DF3 49F2 9559 33EA489EF8AE
1FDD3C4C 2983 4BF3 9A59 6CAFC99839EA
1AE68CB0 B05C 4854 B59A 44EE914FF14B

TerriR

TerriR

Purple Urkle in the middle...seems pretty happy after the pruning of lower branches last week and top dressing with happy frog and worm castings. I swear by that HS Golden Tree! my local grow shop gave me a sample...1/2 tsp in 5 gal water once a week as a supplement to the Canna nutrients (weekly). I can tell a big diff in the extreme green! 😎

8721FDF9 9CB8 4271 8CB7 FD7A5F06FF2A
GDub51

GDub51

Oh crap! Is that what causes that? I am working too hard...I could start them in May instead of March, thanks good info!
I disagree, the March start is correct for outdoor photoperiod plants. I don't bother with artificial light of any kind anymore. Seeds are popped indoors (soak & paper towel method) then seedling is immediately placed outdoors (inside a Mondi propagator sitting on a heat mat) in the indirect sun until two sets of true leaves. Then its graduation time into the full sun and final container. I'm never going to get Pre-flower again. March 21 is the first day of spring, what could be more natural than starting then?? Let God handle the timing.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

March 21 is the first day of spring, what could be more natural than starting then?? Let God handle the timing.

Well said, gotta just let nature do it’s thing and it’ll work out the best. And then it’ll flower when it’s time and it’ll be done when it’s time.

TerriR

TerriR

Sunday is my day to just putter with the plants...so relaxing! Today I trimmed any damaged leaves, fed them with Canna nutrients, gave a foliar spray of fish sauce/ insecticidal soap, and added some straw mulch to keep the roots cooler. Watching that one plant that seems to be male...pretty sure it’s getting the chop soon...mamma don’t tolerate any pollenators ‘roun here. 😂

EF6973DF 2C54 4389 895B 557A10D8586D
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom