2019 outdoor season

• Thread starter 45North
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newguy

growing only from seeds this year. 1 grow, outdoors, started seeds on March 12, moved them outside end of April. I think they are looking pretty good, growing like ...um...weeds! Ethos Inzane and Irie Sunkiss
Hi can i get tips for starting clones outdoor rn can they catch up or is it too late in the season

20190615 204706
Hanta

Hanta

Was told of cutting the bottoms off of 5 gal toats setting them on the ground to avoid gofer troubles but to get the roots in the ground does that sound like somn that would work??
If you were told that by someone locally than probably a good thing to do. I know i dont got gofers where i am. I would for sure put them in there is still around 2.5 months+ of veg left depending where you live that is plenty!

N

Newguy

If you were told that by someone locally than probably a good thing to do. I know i dont got gofers where i am. I would for sure put them in there is still around 2.5 months+ of veg left depending where you live that is plenty!
Thank you thats comforting knowing that i didnt waste my $ on buying clones

TerriR

TerriR

If you want to make a few seeds, crush some pollen sacks and brush one or two lower flowers.
oh heck no...my luck I’d get a million seeds and no bud! Besides, I thoroughly enjoy drooling over all the pics in the seed catalogs. I have been working on edibles for a few years though...that’s a better match for my skills. Anybody need a few gallons of tincture? 😜

TerriR

TerriR

Hi can i get tips for starting clones outdoor rn can they catch up or is it too late in the season
Do not, under any circumstances, let them dry out! I start clones inside in a dome house under lights until the roots start peeking out the bottom. but I live in the desert where humidity is about 15-20%...so those you have there would not start for me outside.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

If you got gophers you need barriers. New chicken wire and I'd dig at least a shovels full depth then place the wire to a few inches or more above soil line. Trust me, those bastards get a taste for weed and it's all over. I've lost 2 in 2 weeks because I didn't replace the chicken wire this spring.

20190609 093822
20190602 141600
TerriR

TerriR

For sure! My plants are growing like crazy and almost have my space filled out in a month of veg!. I got all my clones from my friends mom for free, what did you pay? just curious
Clones in the 505 run $7.50 for a cutting, $25 for a small rooted plant and $125 up for a 3ft plant...but they are all dispensary strains. I wouldn’t grow anymore if that’s all I could get. Thank you, seed gods!!

Madbud

Madbud

oh heck no...my luck I’d get a million seeds and no bud! Besides, I thoroughly enjoy drooling over all the pics in the seed catalogs. I have been working on edibles for a few years though...that’s a better match for my skills. Anybody need a few gallons of tincture? 😜
Million seeds is 10 million dollars, just sayin’

Hanta

Hanta

Million seeds is 10 million dollars, just sayin’
curious about rubbing some pollen on the bottom flower sites... any resource on this? i got 2 bagseed going so might be a good idea to keep my genetics because i wont be taking clones

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

curious about rubbing some pollen on the bottom flower sites... any resource on this? i got 2 bagseed going so might be a good idea to keep my genetics because i wont be taking clones
It's easy. I use a makeup brush but whatever ya got. Just make sure no wind and a little goes a long way. You can cover the branch with a paper bag for a day if you want. I don't bother and welcome a few more seeds.

20190609 212153
N

Newguy

Do not, under any circumstances, let them dry out! I start clones inside in a dome house under lights until the roots start peeking out the bottom. but I live in the desert where humidity is about 15-20%...so those you have there would not start for me outside.
Damn okay thanks for that info ill text my girl to check em
For sure! My plants are growing like crazy and almost have my space filled out in a month of veg!. I got all my clones from my friends mom for free, what did you pay? just curious

X2 gorilla glue
X4 purple cookie
X2 willie nelson
X2 gelato
Total 10 plants altogether $20 a pop

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

question: this sunshade blocks direct light on a couple of plants for a few hours per day. Are the plants
going to consider this to be darkness and start flowering? There is plenty of indirect light all day but with temps heading above 90F...well, you know.
Absolutely not.

MDGrnthum68

MDGrnthum68

Wait, Father's Day?? Less than a week before summer solstice? Must be auto's?

Absolutely not! The light meter you probably already have on your soil moisture tester will tell you partial shade like yours is only a small reduction if sun power. So, no it makes little difference. If this spot is the best in your application don't even think about it. Most wish they had as much sun as you do. I'm SoCal but close to the ocean so my climate is more temperate and the fog blocks direct sun for several hours at least each day. I was worried until I checked the gauge. I'd bet most home growers have to compromise on location balancing convenience and in my case aesthetics. This year all planters are on wheels so I can move them around for better sun exposure or protection from the wind. So if you see me wheeling my girls around in their buggy, in your neighborhood, I'm just trying to find the perfect sun exposure! Looks like you already have it. Though, I've found cannabis doesn't like it HOT. Above 90 and they start to wilt. Had to take the whole grow indoor for a couple of days to let them heal.
Out in the desert part of Socal over here partner lol hottt is all I can say

N

Newguy

Clones in the 505 run $7.50 for a cutting, $25 for a small rooted plant and $125 up for a 3ft plant...but they are all dispensary strains. I wouldn’t grow anymore if that’s all I could get. Thank you, seed gods!!
For any seed or a seed made female somehow i feel dumb for asking??

Hanta

Hanta

Two ways to isolate a bud, childrens paintbrush or a baggy with a couple pollen sacs over the bud for a night.
ok awesome thanks, and you have to rub right on the flower? Also, When can i get pollen without it bursting because that would be horrible. do they have pollen right as they form? THanks for the help

Top Bottom