23 packs! What do ya think?

• Thread starter Redskywalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if you want to make a clone into seed form it really don't mater what male you choose really.cuz when you out cross and have kids no mater what those kids are gonna be closer to the mom then the outside male you chose anyway. and if you keep BXing by your 4th or 5th generation your gonna have that clone. if you have a great eye and know your plants you may hit it by bx2 or 3. but even if you dont you will be there by bx4 or 5. I hear all this stuff about dominate and co-dominate but if you keep cubing it just impossible to not have that mom in seed form. it may not breed true or be a stable IBL but you seeds will be damm close to that mom plant

H

HazemannHå

if you want to make a clone into seed form it really don't mater what male you choose really.

Really?

cuz when you out cross and have kids no mater what those kids are gonna be closer to the mom then the outside male you chose anyway.

You got this idea from where?

and if you keep BXing by your 4th or 5th generation your gonna have that clone.

Maybe you should read tread?

if you have a great eye and know your plants you may hit it by bx2 or 3. but even if you dont you will be there by bx4 or 5.

No, he won't. Not if the traits he want to lock down are heterozygous.

I hear all this stuff about dominate and co-dominate but if you keep cubing it just impossible to not have that mom in seed form. it may not breed true or be a stable IBL but you seeds will be damm close to that mom plant

we'd like it to be true as it would make stabilizing traits fairly simple, but it JUST DOESN'T work that way. The above is based on a mathematical model, which seems to make sense- but it doesn't- we ignore the biological foundation that is really at play. Chimera

S

sensei13

we'd like it to be true as it would make stabilizing traits fairly simple, but it JUST DOESN'T work that way. The above is based on a mathematical model, which seems to make sense- but it doesn't- we ignore the biological foundation that is really at play. Chimera

I am new to cannabis breeding, however I have had some experience cross-breeding other plants, as well as fish and reptiles. I totally agree with HazemannHå; even though my past experiences may seem unrelated, I have noticed that all life seems to follow the same code written within DNA with the exception of the sometimes ambiguous nature of dominant and recessive traits. No matter how well mapped out a breeding schedule may be, you can never fully predict what percentage of traits are passed on. I.e. this is why a child can have blue eyes, even though his immediate family & grandparents have brown; because he got the recessive gene from his great grandpa, which skipped a couple generations as no one would have predicted. Although it isn't frequent, its not that uncommon to happen.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Well speaking of back crossing that's y I chose four diff fathers ta cross with my clone VipersVenom. I want ta backcross ea line seperately and then take the two best line and cross them down the road. It'll take awhile and alot of space, I plan on starting a 100 seeds ea time. I wish I could do more but my space is limited. Thing is I'm not sure how many backcrosses I should do? 3? 4? or 5? Or should I just go by how well the plants are take'n after the original clone?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i agree chimera knows alot more then me on the subject. but you just throwing out a piece of his post doesn't make me wrong. An for that matter very few people are breeding the way the used to. there are no more 10k plant runs. heck even most the breeders on this site are running under 200. and for that matter look at Cinderella or swerves sfv og kush.
im not talking about recreating skunk. And if you go by your theory out 23 seeds your only gonna get what you get anyway so again it really dont matter what fathers you choose, minus the obvious ones that should be culled.

"cuz when you out cross and have kids no mater what those kids are gonna be closer to the mom then the outside male you chose anyway."

"You got this idea from where?"

how can you think a male you outcross that is a totally differnt plant, could be closer to the mom then a plant that is her kid? any male you choose out of this F1 generation will have more of the mom(clone you are trying to get into seed form)then this outside male

In my post i should have said outa the f1 generation i see i did not post that.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
When I start back crossn the males I will be lookn gor the ones who look most like the clone mom. I also plan on using three diff males from thr f1 seeds then grown the offspring all out seperately.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
One of the reasons I have delayed starting the back crosses is because I can only grow out a hundred or two seeds at a time which I know isn't that much in terms of breeding.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the process for cindy 99, was to breed to an outside source(shiva skunk) then take the next generation males f1 collect all their pollen and mix it together and pollinating a new batch of clones(princess) to make the bx-1 generation. then take all the males from that collect and mix all their pollen together and use that on another set of princess clones to create the bx-2 generation or squared generation. Outa these seeds they again took all the male pollen mixed it together and used the original clone(princess) and made a bx-3 generation or cubed. You will never be able to achieve 100% without a male from the same generation or previous generation as the clone. You need the Y chromosome as the female clone does not have it. But you can in theory get 99% hence cindy 99.So again your male selection is not important minus the obvious inferior plants When you are trying to bring a clone into seed form.

P

peabody

this thread is amazing for someone trying to get a handle on the genetic guidelines an different prossesses. 1? can someone put the web addr. up for shantis? Never herd of this one . An thanks all on this thread to help make it a little clearer for a slow learner who never gives up .

fractal

fractal

But I've been a bit shy about back crosses so far because I ddnt really have enuff room ta grow out enuff seeds to feel comfortable picking male(s).

You answered your own question,wait until you have the room to do it before you do it. Nobody will go without, there are plenty of seeds available to buy as it is.

convex

convex

Personally, I would rather purchase 10 seeds of a stable line than 23 seeds hoping to find a keeper. Granted there is variation in so called stable lines, but a worked line will always have more refined results. Work your projects through a few iterations, you will start to see more predictable results - then consider bringing your wares to market.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh I finally have enough room my new place is perfecto for what I want ta do. I've already been able to grow a few batches of my seeds 50 and 100 at a time. And I also have two solid proven males and a newer third one. My Sour Diesel IBL male and Yesca males ( I have two ), I have had for years. So I'm guna start lookn for males ta back cross but not for a few months yet. I have to much work ta do and ta pay for 1st lol.

acidnI

acidnI

maybe the should go ahead and stabilize the pheno they are taking pictures of or at least put up a disclaimer. The issue these days with pics is that when these breeders send out test packs they send them out having many varying phenos. So joe1 gets this pheno and joe2 gets another one. And the breeder chooses the best pics forgetting to mention your results may vary. The consumer needs to be knowledgeable on the product by simply asking questions.

G

greengooroo

SHANTI- MR. NICE , I bid on S.S.H. on Bidsbay for 15 seeds i paid 200 ,but thy sent me 25 seeds since i paid so much . Those guys are pro's

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I do read and respect thr work immensly

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
That's whr I learned ta put my clone mothers outside in the summertime. The sun keeps the clone from getting weak from being around for years and years.

B

bobpeto

Hey there fellow Ontarion, Im in the south of Ontario but Im glade to see more canadian breeders especially Ontario breeders steping up to the plate.

Can't wait to see some pics of what your working on, sounds pretty good so far.

There's more breeders that just do crosses, than real breeding so don't let these other guys gettcha down.

Hang in there man, and keep up the good work!!!

Bob

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

people should start breeding before they call themselves breeders.

no offense, but "some are good and some suck" isn't gonna get most people to buy seeds. fight the pollen chuck and work the line man!

you could always make s1s of your clone see if it improves anything.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Well I'm no pro that's for sure hahaha but I have great genetics mostly by good fortune and I want to share them with the pot community. All my seeds are crosses except one but all aregreat. Sure some have a few phenos but all phenos are good. And if I put some seeds out thr that may have some lesser phenos it's only because the good phenos are f#%^king great and I warn people. I have sent in close ta 200 seeds to the farm for testers and freebies witht the hopes of gettn feedback. Also I have just started 110 seeds of my stuff and will be doing a full grow log here for eveyone and I promise to post photos of all plants, even if they are subpar lol. These seeds will also be used for some of my 1st backcrosses with the VipersVenom. Peace

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

cool man. just keep some good info on all of them, and maybe you'll be able to sort out what kind of males you're looking for and such. good luck.

i'll make sure to update you if i get them as freebies, no camera though sorry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom