2kw SCROG with Blackberry Kush in Roots Coco 2nd Grow

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Ok this is my first journal and my 2nd grow. Bear with me here people. Here are the details.

The Girls: Blackberry Kush clones from a friend in NorCal
Lighting: 2 1000w in Magnum Hoods powered by Lumateks
The Room: Is a room inside my bedroom. Framed off.
Cooling: Central AC
CO2: Time release from a tank
Medium: Roots Organics CocoCoir
Water: RO
Nutes:

Veg:
AN Sensi Grow A & B
H&G Multi Zen
H&G Algen Extract
H&G Roots Excelurator
H&G Drip Clean
Superthrive
Great White (every 2 weeks)
Botanicares CalMag (but switching to CaMg+)

Flower:
AN Connoisseur A & B
H&G Multi Zen
H&G Algen Extract (first two weeks)
H&G Roots Excelurator (first two weeks)
AN Bud Blood (first week)
AN Bud Candy
AN Big Bud
AN Overdrive

I have made A LOT of mistakes already and hopefully learned from them. The first biggest mistake I made was not using CalMag when I transplanted. When I did I add CalMag I did not adjust my Grow A&B and the girls got a bit too much Nitrogen. But boy did they take off!!! There is still a bit of claw on them but I have flushed twice since my last feeding and hope that corrects things. I am switching over to GO's CaMg+ so I don't have to worry about adjusting my base nutrient.

My next biggest mistake was trying to make my own chiller to support an IceBox. I don't want to embarrass myself too much on here but I will say this for the sake of others. Spend the money on a chiller!!! Also, make sure you have adequate ventilation for your chiller. I bought a used Chest Freezer and tried all sorts of different combinations to create a chiller all to no avail. I spent way TOO much time and energy on this. In the end I found a 1/2hp on Craigslist only to find out that the area that I was trying to use it in was too small and not ventilated enough for it to work properly. I am moving the chiller tonight and I pray that I can get this working properly. Otherwise I need to find another solution to cooling my lights.

For the last two weeks the Girls have been under one light. I FIMed a week ago and again a few days ago. In a couple of days I will add my screen and get them under two lights and start training them.

I am open to feedback and will do my best to answer any questions. I owe a lot to the Farm as I have gotten a lot of really good information here.

2kw scrog with blackberry kush in roots coco 2nd grow
2kw scrog with blackberry kush in roots coco 2nd grow 2
2kw scrog with blackberry kush in roots coco 2nd grow 3
2kw scrog with blackberry kush in roots coco 2nd grow 4
2kw scrog with blackberry kush in roots coco 2nd grow 5
2kw scrog with blackberry kush in roots coco 2nd grow 6
2kw scrog with blackberry kush in roots coco 2nd grow 7
2kw scrog with blackberry kush in roots coco 2nd grow 8
E

edux10

nice! I too am growing some blackberry kush. Very bushy plants that dont really stretch much when you flip em.

how do you prepare you coco? I didnt have very good luck on the couple plants i tried to use coco on. Do you have to wash it out? I have heard some people say you have to 'charge' it by soaking it in nutes for a couple days. Looks like you got it working nicely for you. Did you just transplant into it and water with nutes? Keep up the good work holms

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I used Roots Organics Coco which is pre-charged and amended. I followed their instructions by watering with ph adjusted water for one week and the second week went 1/2 strength on nutes. I really like the premix, lots of perlite and it drains really nice.

V

VAPOUR

Nice grow bro is that sound proof material around your fan?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

It is Dynamat. I got the idea from Sedate.....here is the link.DIY: Sound insulate your cannon fan for $40

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Got the chiller and Rez moved and so far so good. I am going to have to put a fan on the chiller and I need to insulate the lines as good as I can. I am actually thinking about using some cardboard to create a box around my rez and using insulation foam around it but think that may be overkill.

I supercropped last night and let me tell you it scared the every living shit out of me. I tend to want to be careful with my ladies and not hurt them. I fed last night and finally got to turn the CO2 on now that my IceBox is up and running well. Will take some more pictures soon.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So last night I fed the girls again and they are looking super bushy. When I fed I noticed roots in the holes of my pots. I am 3 weeks in to Veg and I am now pondering if I should have gone with bigger pots. I do not want them to get root bound. What should I do. Will post pic's tomorrow.

Y

yeeee510

blackberry kush and coco! this is my dream set up im stayin!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I got the screen up and things look pretty good so far. I don't think I will transplant as it will wind up setting me back a bit. I should only have 5 days left in veg. Will try to take pics tonight, I don't have a digital camera and it can be a pain in the butt smuggling one out of work.

Funny thing happened yesterday. I met the person who created this strain. Well I actually met him a few weeks ago, but we were talking about farmin and when I told him what I had in the works he informed me that it was his baby. I hope I can do him proud.
He has some other strains that I hope I can talk him out of cuts or actually maybe get some beans from. What a small world it is.

@yeee510

Thanks I am really enjoying the way this Blackberry grows. I think I will do it in an Undercurrent with Vertical lighting on my next run.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Ok here are a few pics with the screen in place. Hoping I can get the empty spots in the screen filled out in the next five days. I really did not leave much room to move around in here, it's a tight squeeze between the screen and the wall but I was limited with where I could hang the reflectors. The Magnums are HEAVY and I have them attached directly to a 2x4 which is in turn hooked up to Petzl Wall haulers. I had bought the ratcheting pulleys but they were a pain in the butt because you have to be at the same height to release them. The wall haulers have a cam that can be released with a tag line. I paid 100 bucks each for em, but that was years back and I normally use them for something completely different.

100 1744
100 1745
100 1746
100 1750
100 1751
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

other goodies

Both of these plants are going to a friend who is going to put them outside. They have been under HPS up until when I put the screen on and now they are under CFL's til Monday when she comes and pics them up.

This is solid proof that different plants need different nutes. The first pic is Goo. I love the way this plant grows. My last room was half Goo and half Green Crack.

The second picture is Gods Gift and I think it just got fed too much. The Blackberry and Goo all responded well to DD's nute schedule. This girl did not. Hopefully when she gets outside she will take off a bit more and get treated a bit better.

100 1747
100 1748
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Gonna take some pics tonight, screen is just about full. I have one plant that isn't really pulling it's weight so I have been trying to train her neighbors to fill in what she isn't. Gonna put them in 36 hours of darkness soon. I am super excited to see what these girls will do in Flower.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Nice man, im diggin it! Clean Set up. How do you like the ice box? And how well do you feel it works?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I like it, just wish I would have gotten another one or gone with the 8". I have to run my rez down to like 50 because it climbs when the lights are on. It works really good though. As do the drapes for the hoods. I can literally set my hand on the hood and not feel any heat at all.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

OH wow! thats pretty badass, so you would recommend the 8". Cool thank you for the info.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Well it depends what you are trying to cool. I have a 1/2hp chiller and a 55 gallon rez and I am trying to cool off 2 lights. Thats pushing it....I could use another IB and my chiller wouldn't have to work so hard.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

about to flip

The screen is pretty much full. I cut all the growth underneath the canopy the other night and my humidity levels shot up BIGTIME. Things have been in the 50% range until now and I do not have a dehumidifier. Not sure what I am going to do but I have to find a solution SOON as I will be flipping tomorrow morning.:boogie:

Here are some shots of the canopy and underneath. The first time I looked after I trimmed it kinda reminded me of the way the Oak trees line a road going to a Plantation home. Made me a little homesick. I miss Louisiana......but I doubt I would want to try what I am doing there.:flower

I turned the lights down to 750 for the pics, but that didn't help too much. Sorry about the yellow.

100 1778
100 1779
100 1780
100 1781
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thanks Darth! You are using the Roots Coco as well right? Are you using Drip Clean as well? I think I remember talking to you about it once. I just recently decided to flush once a week since I am using it. So far so good. I have gone the last 6 feedings with 900 ppm with no burn at all. I flush tonight with about 2 gallons run off on each plant and then I will flip em.

Top Bottom