• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Celtic -

12" to 18" should be fine with air cooled magnums...just make sure the hood is properly getting aircooled (able to touch and keep hand on hood and glass)

Your growth has been amazing so the distance of the light obviously is fine!

Everyone will give you a diff answer (there is always more than one way to skin a cat) and if you look on the site, people do all sorts of different things.

Let your ladies tell you what they need!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Boomer

Thanks for stopping by. I know my grow is small compared to some of the ones on this site, but I figured that if by posting a journal that if I could help one person out.....it would be worth it.

@caliogk

Thanks! The hoods are pretty cooled off. My main concern was with the light bleaching that seems to be happening. At first I thought if was a N def, but then as I noticed that the same plant was dark green on the outskirts of the light it made sense that it was light bleaching. Still curious about whether it will have an impact on my harvest or not but it doesn't seem to have any affect on the growth or the bud development thus far.

I noticed a bit of burn on the tips of my leaves last night so I backed off on the nutes and brought my ppm down from 1200 to 1100. Gonna keep it riding there til next week. Something else I noticed last night that really freaked me out. On some of the buds the pistils appear like they have receded. It's only on a very few, but it was enough to keep me up tossing and turning last night. Is this caused by over fertilization? I will get some pics tonight.

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
If you determine light bleaching, raise light accordingly until problem solved :cool0010:

You'll get much better help once pictures are up for sure.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Nice results....looks like you know the road to success like the back of your hand.

G

Goatmasterson

looks awsome bro . ima sound stupid but did u super crop them ?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@UCMENOW

Wow! Thanks that means alot to me. This is really only my second grow. I have put a lot of time and energy into this and I spent a lot of time reading and researching. Gonna be doing a UC system on my next run with either 10k or 12k Vertically.

@Goatmasterson

Yes I did Supercrop. I also fimmed which I don't know was necessary. This plant is extremely bushy. The places where I supercropped have turned into huge "Knuckles". I will get some pics of them tonight.

Last night I went through and cleaned out beneath the screen again. I filled two plastic grocery bags. There was a lot of dead leaves as well that just are not getting any light at all. As I pulled some of the leaves from the top of the pots I noticed that the Coco was matted with roots. Pretty sure I am rootbound now, but hopefully it won't make much difference. If I don't see any more vertical growth I will be happy. Just want these buds to fatten up and get rock hard. Not sure if I will be able to get my temps down to the low 70's late in Flower. My Lights come on at 10pm and go off at 10am and I am in SFV. The daytime temps here have been going over the 100 degree mark the last two days. Going to play around with the settings for the IceBox temperature control and see what I can do. I would really like to see these girls turn dark purple at the end.

I think I may flush tonight instead of feeding them. I have been feeding every 6 days and flushing on the 7th, but now that I saw some leaf burn I think it may be time to change things up a bit.

Thanks again to everyone who stops by and says hello and offers me advice and tips. I :heart THCFarmer!!!

B

Boomer242

the size of the grow isnt always what im interested in, its the quality and the knowledge shared like u mentioned. ive been pushin so hard to pull large yields i havent had much time to focus on maxing quality which is becoming more important to me now. so thats wat im lookin to learn from other growers.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

wk4

Here's a picture update. Things are moving right along. I can't really get great pics with the camera that I am using. I do have a good camera with a macro lens, but it is analog and I hardly use it.

The second picture down is for you Goat. It's the "knuckle" that I was talking about from suppercropping. This is under the canopy and things are so full there is hardly any light down there.

The 3rd picture is what I was talking about earlier with the pistils that shrunk. It's not very consistent and really has me confused. It's pretty random, some of the stems are loaded with healthy looking buds and then there is this one bud where it looks like someone took a lighter to it and burnt off the pistils. My thinking is that I just got a bit too hot on the nutes. I backed off last week so I hope that did the trick. One thing I didn't really account for is that things are building up naturally in the coco. So as I was ramping things up 50ppm every other day I was just giving them too much. What I don't get is that though some of the leaves looked like they got nute burn, and some of the buds do......most do not. So I am a bit confused about it.:worried

The last picture is what everything else looks like. Healthy looking buds that are slowly swelling more and more each day with bright white pistils that look like dandelions almost.

Overall I would have to say that I am pretty damn pleased with how things are going so far. The leaves on the buds are starting to get white crystals everywhere. This is one beautiful plant!

100 1880
100 1883
100 1879
100 1878
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

i predict a bountiful harvest ;)

Thanks Boomer. I'm pretty sure it will be a LOT better than the last one, which wound up being around .16gpw. Had a few things really screw that one up such as heat issues, spider mites and a partner who refused to listen to my advice on how to deal with them. :headbang

It's been a LOT more work having to do everything myself, but at the end of the day I only have myself to blame if anything screws up.:yes

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So last night I noticed things were a bit warm in the room when I went in to feed them. Turns out my Hydro Innovations thermostat decided to die. I called them this morning and they informed me that as soon as they got mine back and found it defective they would send me a new one. WTF!!!:mad0229: Thats going to take at least a week and I have to go out of pocket to send the defective piece back to you. This is not how I think business should be conducted. I asked if they could send one out to me ASAP and I would send the defective unit back to them tomorrow and the guy on the other end says to me. "Umm thats not how we do things, I will have to speak to my manager".

I am NOT HAPPY about this at all. This means my fan will run all the time at full speed until they get my new unit in. I deal with a lot of different companies in my line of work and when one of their products is defective they send me a new one RIGHT AWAY. Fed Ex.....here the NEXT day!! None of this, we will send it to you when you send us the defective piece. I am not running a scam on you. I am a paying customer who paid for something that is supposed to be working and it's not. I am in my 4th week of flower and now my temps are going to be a little wacky until you get your head out of your ass and send me a working thermostat.

I apologize for the rant. I just wanted it to be known that Hydro Innovations has SHITTY customer service and does not take care of their customers. I will NEVER do business with these guys again.

D

DazedNconfussed

Sorry to hear about the thermo bro, but I cant remember ever having a company send me a replacement of anything before they get the fucked up one. There are many dishonest people out there that would take advantage of that.

What I would have done was see if I could pay for a new one and have it sent out next day air, then when the broke one gets there and they confirm its defective give you a reimbursment.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I guess I will give them a call later and see if they can work something like that out. I guess I am spoiled, in the industry I work in if I get something defective I make a call and the next day I have a replacement and a way to ship the defective piece back. I'm not out of pocket on shipping and the problem is solved QUICK. Thanks Dazed.....hopefully they will bite on that.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

OK so I feel like a douchebag now. I just got off the phone with Hydro Innovations and they are going to make things as right as they can. I am not an angry monkey anymore and I take back what I said earlier about them.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Thanks for sharing your experience with them. Glad they straightened it out. Please share how it works out.

The local shop has had customers have problems with there product. They stated hydro innovations will will not take the products the customer returned. Now they are stuck with a product they do not feel good about selling.

Did not give me the best impression. But there is always 2 sides to every story.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I called them back and spoke with someone higher up who offered the solution of sending one out as soon as I could provide them with a tracking number. Handled that today and should see a new thermostat on Tuesday. I was halfway tempted to open this unit up and figure out how they had made it. I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron and know enough about electronics to get myself into trouble. But the last thing I wanted was to have them call me up and say that things were void cause I opened it up. Sad thing about it is I more than likely could have fixed it myself with a quick trip to Fry's. I plan on getting the Hydrogen and all necessary add ons for my next run so I will do business with them in the future. Especially cause in my eyes.....they did whatever they could to make this right.

R

RMCG

Don't waste your money on the Hydrogen. Its just a rebadged tankless hot water heater.

Pick up a Marey 5L LP Gas Tankless Water Heater.

ebay ~170$ run it drain to waste.

Glad to see they took care of your thermostat issue. This is the Day/Night controller right? Other than this issue, how do you like it?

I think 130$MSRP is bit much for a thermostat, but haven't seen any alternatives.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

It does a great job actually. Since it has gone down my fan has to stay on full blast and the water chiller can't quite keep up. Temps right now in the last hour of light are up to 89 which I guess won't kill me, but before when the thermostat was keeping the fan cycling it kept everything at 85. Have to check out that Marey tankless water heater. I'm not opposed to saving money, but sometimes I like the ease of a plug and play and not having to mess with diy projects.

R

RMCG

It does a great job actually. Since it has gone down my fan has to stay on full blast and the water chiller can't quite keep up. Temps right now in the last hour of light are up to 89 which I guess won't kill me, but before when the thermostat was keeping the fan cycling it kept everything at 85. Have to check out that Marey tankless water heater. I'm not opposed to saving money, but sometimes I like the ease of a plug and play and not having to mess with diy projects.

No DIY with it, its the same thing. Pipe water in, pipe water out.

Use an inline valve controlled by your C02 monitor to start/stop flow.
Water flows, it ignites, burns(to heat water) creates C02 and stops. It is the same thing, just cheaper.

Top Bottom