2kw SCROG with Blackberry Kush in Roots Coco 2nd Grow

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Ok so I finally got a decent answer from a PM, but now I have decided to go old school and hang, trim, then cure. Decided to spend the money on nutes for the outdoor stuff.

Flush, Final Phase, and Flush tonight. Not really looking forward to this as the way I am set up it will be very labor intensive. However I do realize the necessity so I will be hard at it tonight. Each plant will get flushed with 3 gallons of phed RO water, treated with final phase and six hours later flushed with another 3 gallons. Spotted some amber trichs last night and I got more and more leaves going dark purple on me. Gonna take some pics with the Rebel tonight, when I cut em down, and then after trim so my next pic update will not be for a while.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thanks guys. I will be tearing it all down and it's be a few months before my next indoor which should be a a 4k vertical setup with 13gallon UC buckets. I am going to try something a bit different than I have seen before. A horizontal scrog with vertical lighting. I don't really have the room to run multiple rows of lights as of yet and it makes sense to me that I can get a better yield and have things run fairly smooth We shall see, it's all still just thoughts in my head at this point. I will be taking the girls down on Sunday and then start focusing more attention to the ladies I have in the ground.

B

Boomer242

Thanks guys. I will be tearing it all down and it's be a few months before my next indoor which should be a a 4k vertical setup with 13gallon UC buckets. I am going to try something a bit different than I have seen before. A horizontal scrog with vertical lighting. I don't really have the room to run multiple rows of lights as of yet and it makes sense to me that I can get a better yield and have things run fairly smooth We shall see, it's all still just thoughts in my head at this point. I will be taking the girls down on Sunday and then start focusing more attention to the ladies I have in the ground.

very interesting... im planning to run the 13gall mods too but scrogging with vert lamps? u doin the side or the top canopy? my buddy is running the UC with horz lightiing and i had suggested tryin a scrog mainly for support. but with a vert setup? i wanna hear more.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Made a boo boo there Boomer. I meant to say Vertical scrog not horizontal. I am limited on my space and was thinking I would do two rows of 5 plants with 4 vertical lights. I'm not awesome at photoshop but here is an image to give you a basic rundown. The idea I have is to get some small tomato cages and train the plants toward the light and then during the stretch put some vertical trellis in place so it will give the branches support. :thinking Hopefully this would give me two walls of canopy. I know it won't yield as much as a standard MPB lighting pattern, I just don't have the room available right now to do something like that.

Vert scrog copy
B

Boomer242

oh ok was wondering if i was readin wrong. the blueprint u drew looks fine to me. ure doin all lights in the middle tho rite? what about the other sides that wont get light? enough lumens reflect bak off the wall to give full growth?

idk if u plan to u the circle tomato cages or square, but have u thought of doin a true vert scrog and veg in vert scrog and flower the same? ive seen it done in a closet (scaled down compared to urs) but concept is the same. if ure only gettin the majority of lumens from the middle row id put a wall screen from the floor up and weave the plants in and out as they veg. this will focus the colas to be supported by the trellis wall and grow towards the light. anything on the backside (facing the walls) can b trimmed up clean since the nuggs will prob be fluffy or underdeveloped. focus the plants energy on the colas closet to the light source. think of it like a reg scrog; clean up all the shit underneath that doesnt receive enough light.

or get more vert lights for the sides :)

hope this helps u find sum solutions. i understand ure lookin to upgrade down the line so this looks like a good start bro.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Boomer

Thats exactly what I was planning on doing. Just training everything towards the light and cleaning up all the other stuff. When I walk into the room I want to see two walls of bud. I think if I can pull that off then I will be moving everything into a small warehouse and go with the more popular method of lighting on UC's I have the amperage to do more than 4 lights.......just not the space. If my outdoor rocks though I may skip doing this and just go straight into a small warehouse space. Just thinking and trying to develop a contingency plan.

I started harvest last night and I think I have carpal tunnel already. Didn't get near as much done as I wanted to so I recruited some help and hope to have the rest wet trimmed and hung to dry tonight. There was a lot more purple in the buds than I thought I was going to see. Looks like I did the right thing dropping the temps. This is without a doubt a beautiful strain and frosty as hell. I am going to have a little bit of larf, but for the most part the buds are dense and thick as hell. In retrospect I think I could have either vegged for a week less or had less plants. It is dense in there and cutting them out of the 2"x2" screen is a pain in the butt.

Does Edward Scissorhands live in the Valley??? I hate trimming.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Whew. That was something else. I knew things were dense but HOLY FREAKING COW! Wet trim is done and everything is hung and drying. I cleaned up the room and dropped the lights down on to the table then ran a couple of ropes for the hangers. Will update with pics and final gpw after dry trim is done. Recruited some help for that so hopefully it will get knocked out this weekend and early next week.

I was really paranoid about mold after reading what someone had posted a while back in here. Well needless to say the dark purple leaves had me staring at the buds for a bit longer than I should have. My eyes hurt right now. No sign of mold, just a lot of dense beautiful nugs. Purple, Green and Yellow........sprinkled with sugar. I only hope my Rebel will do them justice.

I need some sleep! Wake me when they are ready to be trimmed.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

horrible pic taken from blackeberry phone. Filled up a total of 70 hangers and spaced them out on two 10' lines.

I'm gonna go nap now.:indifferent0023:

Hang
Mike49048

Mike49048

What was your average yeild per plant under your 2k watts? I love to see some pics of the buds too. I just planted a couple blackberry seeds that I'm planning on making into mothers for a upcoming grow in which I will be using 1 or 2 1500w lights to flower under. Just wanted to get some idea what these plants can produce. Any extra information on this strain would be helpful as well. :harvest:

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Haven't done dry trim yet so I don't know what my yield is yet. The seeds your popping, are they Blackberry, or Blackberry Kush?

I had a few things that held my yield back, I pushed them a little too hard and I could have thinned out the fan leaves a bit more. I'm trimming this weekend and will get some pics of the finished product and have info on gpw.

Mike49048

Mike49048

I bought the seeds from World of Seeds they are Nirvana Seeds, Blackberry feminized. Here's a quick description:

5 feminized seeds pack. The Blackberry is a combination of Black Domino/Raspberry Cough hybrid. Blackberry’s mother, Black Domino, was a clone sent to the Netherlands from the area around Seattle. Its father is Nirvana’s Raspberry Cough.
:banana1sv6:
I have planted two seeds four days ago and was shocked to have one sprout on the third day, today it had new growth, the first little spiked leaves. It's about 2" tall and the other one is yet to sprout.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Mike

That's a different strain that what I just ran, but it sounds yummy nonetheless. Blackberry Kush was created here in SFV by Cali Kush Seeds. Keep the conditions right and give me LOVE and they should produce well for ya.

Mike49048

Mike49048

Thanks CelticEBE, they are getting all the love that I can give them. I would still like to see some bud pics when they dry out and that info. on gpw.

B

Boomer242

congrats on the harvest bro, ill b lurking for the yield report

Latest posts

Top Bottom