2nd grow 12 babies $100 OG

• Thread starter tipper619sd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogplatinum

ogplatinum

ok heres a update day 9 in flower and these girls are looking ok right now hope they will start to flower soon havent seen any flowers yet just pistils.Also what is the highest ppm you have heard on an og grow before. Also whats a good ppm to start off with Thanks for all the replies and have a great day and happy growing.

Lookin fresh man, they'll start to show you something in the next 5-10 days, give em a little more time..

Cant answer your PPM questions, all I know is my OG crosses seem to dig lots'a CalMg.

T

tipper619sd

lol thanks og i have been giving them 15ml of cal mag and yes they have been doing well. I spoke to soon on the flower part, they actually are showing today so officially day 10 in flower and flowers have started. I am gonna up my ppms this week another 100 ppm and hopefully they take off and start getting bigger. Thanks for the response and happy growing.

T

tipper619sd

So i changed my res on Saturday at officially and bought a ph pen which works wonders. I have my ppms at 1300 ppms i think , i am still giving them 15 ml of cal mag but it looks like i am gonna need to bump them up big time again maybe to 25 ml thats per gallon for those who dont know. I have been lightly trimming open my plants so the sunlight can penetrate the inside foliage. I have gotten my temps to a constant 5 degree difference now between day and night which will help out my yield way more since the plants dont have to go through shock with a 10 degree change. I am planning to reed my shot stack indica dominant plants she was showing flowers first so thats a great sign. Plus with my og pollen i can hopefully get a not to tall pheno off of them. As for updates thats about it for today check with me tomorrow and ill have more for u. Keep up the great work guys and happy framing and have a great day.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

What up Tipper. Ya bro Cal-mag mang. 25 mls wow. I`ve went as high as 20 but thats going into the 5th week of bloom. You might want to slowly increase. jmo. H&G rocks but needs hella cal-mag. I keep reading that H&G has all this cal in it but its not listed anywhere on the bottle. I don`t think it has shit in it as far as calcium,but I could be way off. All I know is you HAVE TO use a shit load of calmag when using H&G with ro.

T

tipper619sd

what up og ya i have always used it without cal mag but i had some extra this round. I will keep you informed i have just been seeing yellowing in the leaves maybe because of flowering but i havent seen any spots or anything just seems like these girls are feeding pretty heavy. Since you said that now i kinda want to slow down the cal mag a little and see if they will have any problems. I might as well since this is my first test run with ogs might as well fine tune it and have a recipe forever. Ill take a few pics and show how the phenos look . brb

T

tipper619sd

here are a few pics og check em out and let me know what u think

IMG 20110829 192325
IMG 20110829 192344
T

tipper619sd

So i took a few leafs off and found that some were getting brown spots possibly. So i am gonna cut back on nutrients and run it at 50 ml instead of 60 and cut my cal mag back to 10 ml per gal. Will update asap.

phenotyper

phenotyper

It actually looks like you are underfeeding or something is locked out. Shouldn't be so much yellowing, because your yield is suffering.

T

tipper619sd

so you are saying your thinking im getting lock out. I tested my water yesterday cause i let my res go down before i added more and my ppms had jumps a few hundred so i added water and today i am gonna add ph water to my res and see how it goes. I havent seen any leaves really turn yellow on me yet so im guessing it was from yesterday and letting my res go down. I am gonna let it run for a few days and see if anything changes. Do you have any other helpful tips phenotyper. I would love the input.

phenotyper

phenotyper

If your ppms jumped a few hundred and your water level went down, you are overfeeding, potentially leading to lockout. Your plants are uptaking water and pushing out salts in an effort to not burn themselves. That's my opinion, I'll let someone who is more of a hydro expert back that up though.

T

tipper619sd

your exactly right, I had this same problem last round and i caught on late and got it on track maybe 2 days before lockout. I am gonna feed them more water and less nutrients today and see if that helps out significantly. I came into my garden today though after adding more water and saw that my girls had grown and leaves were all up so i am gonna add phd water and go from there. Can cal mag hurt my plants.

T

tipper619sd

ok well i have refilled with phd r/o water with a lil cal mag in it and i will see within the next few days how my girls are looking. I heard that cal mag will rise your ppms up big time so that probably the root of my problem. I will keep all you informed and thanks pheno for all your help.

T

tipper619sd

gave my girls a haircut today tomorrow i will update with pics. Thanks all for the responses and keep up the great work

T

tipper619sd

So recently i have been having ppm problems. I have been trying to bring them down but they keep rising. I dont know what to do i keep adding phd water but the ppms will be much higher the next morning. All help would be greatly appreciated. I have a aeroflo 12 site table and two 5 gal rez. I am using H&G aqua flakes and cal mag from botanicare . Thank you all and peace and happy growing.

T

tipper619sd

Would anybody have any insight in what the problem would be stemming from? All help greatly appreciated.Thanks thc farmers.

T

tipper619sd

heres a quick pic update from a few days ago when i shaved the legs on my girls they seem to be doing great.

IMG 20110903 101159
T

tipper619sd

so hello again fellow farmers i know its been a while but here are a few pics for my update. We are on day 29 today i have introduced top booster and bloombastic to my feeding schedule and i put my cal mag back at 15ml per gallon right now i have about 1400 ppms and my girls since yesterday already have fatten up. I look forward to more comments and would love to have a mentor on here one day to help me out. Thanks for everything everyone and happy growing

IMG 20110915 084326
IMG 20110915 084405
Jeezer

Jeezer

Looks good bro that og looks sativa dom. Were the blades tha skinny in veg? I had a og that grew fat leafs in veg and thin sativa leafs in flower with rock hard fuel chem funk kush nugs. I started it from seed and it was great but not exactly wat i was lookin for. I miss it sometimes but o well. On with the grow your plants looks great tipper that hydro system is rockin. What are your girls smellin like?

purpleberry

purpleberry

You need to manage your canopy alot different. You need to either add alot more plants sites to the system or top mulitiple times and veg longer to fill in the canopy so when you look down you see nothing but nugs and leaves. That will bring you yield up.

T

tipper619sd

yo jezzer yes the plant in veg had fat leafs and then now they are looking more sativa dom def. They smell very fuel like and have been since babies.

Hey purpleberry thanks for the comments. I dont really know how to do all of that yet this is only my second grow and i am still learning how to dial in my system. As of this grow i feel like i am very good at my system now and my next grow maybe you could drop me some knowledge on how to do all of that.
Thanks again for the comments and peace and happy growing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom