2nd Grow - Magnum 357 - OG Kush

• Thread starter CA5P3R
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 7 of 12/12

Well one week in the books. Heads are starting to show. Did what is likely my last training of them right after the pictures. I have pretty much filled all the gaps now as you will see in my next update.

F71

F72

F73

F74

F75

D

dirtyjerm

hey man how did you make your clone box?? i wanna make a copy lol

W

willy led wonka

i can tell you for a fact----as many issues as i have with their marketing bs---i have to admit the truth here. I achieved 1.16 grams per watt with my magnum 357 with 1 Og kush plant under it. 210 grams out of 180 watts off the wall. So this light is a bad ass light. I was totally amazed. It didnt finish nearly as quickly as it usually does under hps---but thats not an issue for me. I hate to support their shady marketing practice but i for 1 have to be honest and will endorse their light as a GREAT product!!

Wonka

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

hey man how did you make your clone box?? i wanna make a copy lol

It's pretty simple, you will need:

-Rubbermaid type box(I got a heavy duty one that doesn't let light pass from Hardware store)

-Fan(mine is overkill I think for the box, 110cfm but that's what I had)

-Lights(they are 26w fluros from the Hardware store)

-Mylar(got them to cut me enough at the Hydroponics store)

-Drill/dremel(drill will need a hole saw big enough for your fan)

-Screws(to fasten lights and fan)

-Power bar (for lights)

-Timer

-Screen(to cover intake holes)

-Humidity Dome and tray

-Razor(cut mylar)

-Aluminium(to tape corners)

That is it I believe. Just line the entire box with mylar and aluminium tape. Then cut a hole for your fan. Drill some holes on the other side of the box to act as intake. Screw in your fan and Lights. Attach the screen over your intake holes so that pest will not enter the box. Cut another hole just large enough to fish out your cables and then close it around the cables with your aluminium tape. Plug everything in and set your timer. Pop in your humidity dome and you are all set.

As you can see on mine I have the fan and intake on the lid. If you put these instead on the sides or front and back you could then stack multiple boxes like these.

I also got cool and warm bulbs for the box. Generally I use the warm for new cuttings and the cool once they are ready for early veg.

Any other questions you got fire them at me.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

i can tell you for a fact----as many issues as i have with their marketing bs---i have to admit the truth here. I achieved 1.16 grams per watt with my magnum 357 with 1 Og kush plant under it. 210 grams out of 180 watts off the wall. So this light is a bad ass light. I was totally amazed. It didnt finish nearly as quickly as it usually does under hps---but thats not an issue for me. I hate to support their shady marketing practice but i for 1 have to be honest and will endorse their light as a GREAT product!!

Wonka

Marketing in general is shady to me so I ignore all the claims of any product and search out forums to see what the general consensus is and then try and pin down the elite.

When I did that there weren't many LED options to choose from. I am glad I went with the Magnum. Beautiful first harvest and the second is already shaping up to be superior with my expanding knowledge going into this one.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 8 of 12/12

This is yesterdays update, I will post today's in a little bit.

F81

F82

F83

F84

F85

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 9 of 12/12

Well here is today's update. Not much unlike the one I uploaded a few hours ago haha. Think tomorrow will be a nice feeding.

F91

F92

F93

F94

F95

F96

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 10 of 12/12

Right after taking these pictures I gave the ladies a feeding. 6 out of 7 cuttings seem to be finding their roots. The 7th I just snipped the leaves that were to heavy for the cutting to sustain and we will see if it find's it's way back to health. As I mentioned before I only need 2 of these but a friend could use some so trying to keep as many healthy as possible.

F101

F102

F103

F104

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looking good

quick question - are your lights more blue spectrum or is it the white balance of your camera?

reason I ask is usually led pix are more purple then blue

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

looking good

quick question - are your lights more blue spectrum or is it the white balance of your camera?

reason I ask is usually led pix are more purple then blue

I wrote somewhere earlier in the thread that I just turn off the Red Spectrum when I am taking pictures. I find the pictures are a lot clearer this way, then I pop the reds back on and close the tent.

P

PatFenis

This is a very impressive grow bro you obviously know what you are doing!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I wrote somewhere earlier in the thread that I just turn off the Red Spectrum when I am taking pictures. I find the pictures are a lot clearer this way, then I pop the reds back on and close the tent.

Thx - must have missed that - I agree - your pics look much clearer then most

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 11 of 12/12

So yesterday wasn't the best. After feeding I noticed that some of the feet, from the little dish racks I had the plants sitting on, had poked through the triple layer of trays I had underneath and was leaking water in my tent.

So after much cursing I removed the plants from my beautifully spaced SCROG and removed everything and vacummed out the entire tent of water and soil. It was late and I had nothing to really replace this so I set the plants back in on a garbage bag while the tent bottom liner dried.

I also did not rewind the plants through the SCROG as I would just have to do it again today when I put the new permanent fix.

So today I managed to find a Tupperware storage container that fits perfect in my tent and the 2 AirPots.

Then I tackled retraining my SCROG and it took a while and doesn't look nearly as nicely spaced out as it did before this issue but it's done. Phewf!

The plants lost a lot of their training overnight when they weren't in the screen so they were stubborn and I will have to continue training them to fill the gaps for the next few days.

I also took the opportunity to do what will likely be the last undergrowth trim. Hopefully in a few days they will be looking better then ever again. I also now have some extra vertical space as I have eliminated the dish racks so the pots sit right at ground level now.

F111

F112

F113

F114

F115

F116

F117

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 12 of 12/12

Well they seems to be growing back in nicely. Bit of a bald spot in the front there but I will fill it out soon enough.

F121

F122

F123

F124

Maton2219

Maton2219

Verrri nice. Makes me wanna follow in your led direction for my first tent grow..

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Verrri nice. Makes me wanna follow in your led direction for my first tent grow..

You will have a good time that's for sure. One thing I really like about LEDs and my Magnum is they just look so clean in a tent, know what I mean? No clutter, just efficient space usage.

What really turned me onto LEDs in general is how they feel so plug and play. I am a tech nerd and plugging in a little panel and hanging it and you or pretty much ready to go, just seems so simple.

I don't worry about leaving a computer on, or a PS3, or anything else when I go out, and I feel the same way about a LED unit. HID would make me to nervous and to much clutter for me.

Here's hoping you join the LED club. It's always nice to have more techno buds in the community. :)

B

budzmaster

Hey Casper!!!

Amazing grow man! I just finished reading your entire thread and I have to say that I am very impressed and very inspired by your grow :)

I attempted to send you a PM, but since I am still a newbie I guess I need to get my post count up before I can have a chat with you haha.

Either way, great job so far... and I really look forward to seeing how your awesome grow progresses over the next few weeks.

I hope to be PM'ing you soon. Take care brother :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom