**2nd Grow** SpiderFarmer SF4000 , NFTG #4 -Sour Power-Hella Jelly-Strawberry Cheesecake- 3x3 Tent

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

That’s cool as hell. What about hermie tendencies…do they have more of a chance at popping up when flipping too early?
If the plants are prone to herm from stress they might. I just pull the balls off on see what it does.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That’s what I did last time and got lucky lol
I'm trying to remember and I could be wrong, but didn't you use some bag seeds your first grow? Something you'd had that you wanted to grow so you could have more of it? Were those seeds the plants that hermmed on you? If they were, chances are better than not they will again.

If I'm mistaking you for another member, ignore my post and carry on please.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I'm trying to remember and I could be wrong, but didn't you use some bag seeds your first grow? Something you'd had that you wanted to grow so you could have more of it? Were those seeds the plants that hermmed on you? If they were, chances are better than not they will again.

If I'm mistaking you for another member, ignore my post and carry on please.
Only 1 seed was bagseed…it was the Sour Power, turned out to be a male so I’m growing the last one I have this time hoping for a female. The Hermies were all Pineapple Upside Down Cake, from Humboldt Seed Co. They sent me 36 feminized seeds and a T-shirt when I told them what happened, so now I’m growing those too lol. I expect there to be at least 1 that hermies this time, and will have to address it when it happens but mostly hoping for Sour Power to work out. It was some of the best smoke I’ve ever had.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Only 1 seed was bagseed…it was the Sour Power, turned out to be a male so I’m growing the last one I have this time hoping for a female. The Hermies were all Pineapple Upside Down Cake, from Humboldt Seed Co. They sent me 36 feminized seeds and a T-shirt when I told them what happened, so now I’m growing those too lol. I expect there to be at least 1 that hermies this time, and will have to address it when it happens but mostly hoping for Sour Power to work out. It was some of the best smoke I’ve ever had.

I see, so yes bag seed ... but it wasn't what hermmed. I feel a little better now.

I'm going to see what I can find out about Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I would consider Humboldt Seed Co a reliable breeder that tries to breed out the tendency to herm. I'm not a breeder but I've been told that some strains take a while to stabilize. Hopefully you'll have better luck this time around.

Most of the time when you flip them early, there are 2 potential outcomes. 1) They flower quickly because although young, they were already sexually mature. 2) They don't flower quickly. They continue to veg and flower when they become sexually mature. I don't think this alone would stress a plant enough to cause it to herm.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Most of the time when you flip them early, there are 2 potential outcomes. 1) They flower quickly because although young, they were already sexually mature. 2) They don't flower quickly. They continue to veg and flower when they become sexually mature. I don't think this alone would stress a plant enough to cause it to herm.
They told me the PUDC hermied because light was switched from 18/6 to 12/12 without a gradual decrease. Maybe it only herms indoors sensitive to the flip?

I really think PUDC was a known herm to them. Honestly though, it’s so unique they probably kept it. There’s smells I’ve never smelled in bud before…and I’ve smelled a lot of cakes, cookies, candies and ice creams hahaha. Why is everything a fucking dessert lol. Used to be “skunk” ,“diesel” , “cat piss” …hell there was even one called Alaskan Thunderfuck! Hahaha…

now it’s…”welcome to our woke, multi gender, me-too supported, millennial center for buying dabs. We also have old people dabs, called weed or bud.

Here are our strains:
Cotton Candy Cookie
Bubblegum Cake
Sugar Free Raspberry Creamsicle
Skittles
Starbucks Mocha Latte with extra fat free plant based non harmful to cows whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg…

will that be bitcoin or Ethereum?”

lol. end of rant.

growsince79

growsince79

I see, so yes bag seed ... but it wasn't what hermmed. I feel a little better now.

I'm going to see what I can find out about Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I would consider Humboldt Seed Co a reliable breeder that tries to breed out the tendency to herm. I'm not a breeder but I've been told that some strains take a while to stabilize. Hopefully you'll have better luck this time around.

I have a plant that was flipped at two weeks and grew balls before turning female. I just flipped the clone last week and so far no balls.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I have a plant that was flipped at two weeks and grew balls before turning female. I just flipped the clone last week and so far no balls.
That’s real interesting. How long did you veg out the clone?

Dothraki

Dothraki

No indication of transplant shock yet.

4BF31F18 FE4B 49C8 961D 2F647D634050
A38BD6BB 44A8 483E 89E6 90BCC072B788

LET’s GO SOUR POWERRRRR!!!!
EE7E0850 0EEC 4C22 80B1 B8D02C826255
5549A1C6 4D7A 4CA5 B5E3 3B417680C6CC

growsince79

growsince79

I don't think sexually mature is really the right term. But for lack of a better term I will use it anyways.
Plants can be forced to "sexually mature" sooner than they otherwise would have by flipping early and using high P nutes. They can also be forced to delay "sexual maturity" by topping and high N nutes. If I start a batch of seeds half under 12-12 and the other half 18-6 - the 12-12 plants will be flowering long before the 18-6 plants show pre flowers. I have some in my current thread that were sprouted the same day, one flipped at day 10- the other day 22. You can see the 10 day flip is more mature than the 22 day flip.

S

Sameperson775

Hey guys! I’m back!
Thanks to everyone on this forum (you all know who you are) I’ve been smoking on some potent buds the past few months. This time it’s going to be in soil with NFTG and….the new addition to my grow space..

Spider-Farmer SF4000!
View attachment 1266157
View attachment 1266158

View attachment 1266159

Got 2 seeds out of 6 popped and in soil. Hoping to flower 4 plants in the 3x3.

-Grow Details-

3x3 Tent with 6” exhaust fan & carbon filter

Light: Spider-Farmer SF4000
Medium: NFTG #4 Soil
Nutrients: NFTG Sample Kit Regiment
Water: Tap water @ .5 EC / 8.2 PH (ouch!)
SEEDS:
Humboldt Seed Co. Feminized- 2 Hella Jelly, 2 Strawberry Cheesecake.
Bag Seed- 2 Sour Power seeds found in some dank delicious buds.

Starting in #4 soil in solo cups, watering with Tap + Herculean Harvest @ 6.3PH
Will transplant to 3 Gallon fabric pots when ready.

Light is starting at 40% power, 45” above dirt. Will adjust as needed.

Last grow my 1 Sour Power seed popped, became the healthiest and biggest plant…but then decided to grow some balls. Let’s hope I get a lady this time.

This will be my First time topping too. Gotta keep them small to fit at least 4 in the 3x3 during flower.

Please join me for the ride! It’s gonna get rocky…and I’ll need some cannassistance along the way.
Keep a close eye on the Hella Jelly(jelly rancher) I've had a hella jelly and a don carlos hermie out on me. I hope you have much better luck

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
They told me the PUDC hermied because light was switched from 18/6 to 12/12 without a gradual decrease. Maybe it only herms indoors sensitive to the flip?

I really think PUDC was a known herm to them. Honestly though, it’s so unique they probably kept it. There’s smells I’ve never smelled in bud before…and I’ve smelled a lot of cakes, cookies, candies and ice creams hahaha. Why is everything a fucking dessert lol. Used to be “skunk” ,“diesel” , “cat piss” …hell there was even one called Alaskan Thunderfuck! Hahaha…

now it’s…”welcome to our woke, multi gender, me-too supported, millennial center for buying dabs. We also have old people dabs, called weed or bud.

Here are our strains:
Cotton Candy Cookie
Bubblegum Cake
Sugar Free Raspberry Creamsicle
Skittles
Starbucks Mocha Latte with extra fat free plant based non harmful to cows whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg…

will that be bitcoin or Ethereum?”

lol. end of rant.
Its still around and if I wasn't flush with seeds right now I'd get some of these from QCS

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Do you guys count nodes from the leaves right above the cotyledons? Just for reference when it comes time to top.
Not me, I kinda wait until the leaves and branches are reaching over the pots at about 1 month & I like to see 2 healthy side shoots under my cut before I top.
The bigger the plants get the faster they get bigger so If I top too early there's not enough plant to make up for its loss. If that makes any sense. .......A tree doesn't miss a few leaves but a seedling does....Fk I don't know I'm stoned I hope that helps clarify.

growsince79

growsince79

Do you guys count nodes from the leaves right above the cotyledons? Just for reference when it comes time to top.

Not me, I kinda wait until the leaves and branches are reaching over the pots at about 1 month & I like to see 2 healthy side shoots under my cut before I top.
The bigger the plants get the faster they get bigger so If I top too early there's not enough plant to make up for its loss. If that makes any sense. .......A tree doesn't miss a few leaves but a seedling does....Fk I don't know I'm stoned I hope that helps clarify.
When I top, it's after the 3rd or 4th node. I like to top on day 13-14 if everything is good, then flip about a week after.

Top Bottom