**2nd Grow** SpiderFarmer SF4000 , NFTG #4 -Sour Power-Hella Jelly-Strawberry Cheesecake- 3x3 Tent

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Are you using a peat based mix?
There is some peat moss in there… here’s the description for it

“A general potting mix designed for indoor and outdoor use. Suitable for multiple feedings per week. Mixed in small batches. Contains no bark or fillers. Coir fiber is rinsed on-site with Oregon rainwater and buffered with limestone to reduce salts. After blending and bagging, soil sits unwrapped and covered for up to 30 days to activate, compost and then go dormant, to avoid HOT soil. Ingredients: Sphagnum peat moss, perlite, coir fiber, pumice, mycorrhizal fungi, yucca meal, kelp meal, bone meal, diatomaceous earth, clay, basalt, oyster shell (for pH adjustment), humus and lime (for pH adjustment).

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Sphagnum peat moss has a naturally low pH. Your soil also has oyster shell, humus and lime to buffer. I'm inclined to believe that this soil would drop in pH if it lost its buffering ability. I believe that is what @growsince79 is going to point out.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Sphagnum peat moss has a naturally low pH. Your soil also has oyster shell, humus and lime to buffer. I'm inclined to believe that this soil would drop in pH if it lost its buffering ability. I believe that is what @growsince79 is going to point out.
I should just do a slurry test cause now I’m curious.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I should just do a slurry test cause now I’m curious.
That will only tell you current conditions. However it's not useless information. Record it and then repeat the process monthly through out your grow. I'm pretty sure that the soil is more stable than you are thinking. If NFTG has any kind of quality control team, they have already worked through this with their soil recipe.

Dothraki

Dothraki

That will only tell you current conditions. However it's not useless information. Record it and then repeat the process monthly through out your grow. I'm pretty sure that the soil is more stable than you are thinking. If NFTG has any kind of quality control team, they have already worked through this with their soil recipe.
The one who told me to watch for PH trending upward was the guy that started and runs NFTG. Apparently it’s a fairly normal issue with certain peoples tap water.

growsince79

growsince79

But you say it so much better. LOL

Dothraki

Dothraki

Gave a light dose feeding today, ie instead of 1tsp/G I did 1/2 tsp per gallon and a half. Used everything, but gave a TBS of Gaia Mania instead of 2 tsp. Just documenting for experimental sake. Used it on half the plants, the other 3 still don’t need water but might tomorrow.

Appear to be good so far. They actually look a better color green than the last grow. So at least I know the medium/nutrients combo is better than the last. Still surprised the bud came out so good…which I attribute to well bred good genetics.

Freshly watered with a light feed. (Lowest 3 in the pic)
52D05AB2 E775 4931 884B 56DAE704AB8F

Dothraki

Dothraki

Topped the All Gas OG today. What’s weird is there was a drop of red blood where I cut it (yes I used clean sterile scissor). I dabbed it to show you guys… not sure how this is possible. I thought of every possible scenario.

Anyway… I ate the tip that I chopped off. It was DELICIOUS (if you like leafy greens). Had a bit of a melon taste. Not bitter at all, bursting with garden fresh flavor.

I might start making salads on defoliation days!

7B58B735 9668 4D7F BDF8 1445ED26F10A

14D566B6 053C 41D5 B1E0 4F80BAE000FA

EC6F09BD E463 4967 B5E3 EED589B234E4

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

This is a 17 page grow thread for an eight inch plant in veg? Show me some buds right NOW !!

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I was thinking about growing Strawberry Cheesecake if this is by HSC. Saving this thread for later.

Dothraki

Dothraki

This is a 17 page grow thread for an eight inch plant in veg? Show me some buds right NOW !!
Patience young grasshopper. It will be fire.

I was thinking about growing Strawberry Cheesecake if this is by HSC. Saving this thread for later.
Yes HSC. All of them except Sour Power are HSC and I grew their Lemongrass and Pineapple Upside Down Cake last grow, they are top shelf strains. Very good stuff.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Doesn’t seemed to have stalled from topping…looks healthy as far as I can tell. 2 new “tops” are growing too!
250B591E C2BF 4034 A5D8 FA8BFFFFD74F

Also took the lowest level of growth off…right above the cotyledons. Then topped the Strawberry Cheesecake (one of them).

So since there are 2 obviously growing quicker and larger than the others, I’ll probably take those 2 along with one of the 2G plants and throw them into flower. I’ll top the 2G plant right before flower, and probably at a lower node than the other 2. That way I’ll get a good idea of how those differences are affected.

Here’s the gang. Still haven’t watered the other 3 lol. @growsince79 do they meet your approval? The back 3 are pretty dry, but still moist in the center but dry enough where if the top layer was cocaine you could do a line of it no problem.
016A032C E5F5 4421 B4E6 9EE619B75425

And here is my bag-seed bastard child….SOUR POWER!!! Closest thing I’ve had to Sour Diesel in a long time.
My main priority…
869CCCEA 947B 4147 801B 33C453B6C5C9

growsince79

growsince79

Doesn’t seemed to have stalled from topping…looks healthy as far as I can tell. 2 new “tops” are growing too!
View attachment 1280164

Also took the lowest level of growth off…right above the cotyledons. Then topped the Strawberry Cheesecake (one of them).

So since there are 2 obviously growing quicker and larger than the others, I’ll probably take those 2 along with one of the 2G plants and throw them into flower. I’ll top the 2G plant right before flower, and probably at a lower node than the other 2. That way I’ll get a good idea of how those differences are affected.

Here’s the gang. Still haven’t watered the other 3 lol. @growsince79 do they meet your approval? The back 3 are pretty dry, but still moist in the center but dry enough where if the top layer was cocaine you could do a line of it no problem.
View attachment 1280175

And here is my bag-seed bastard child….SOUR POWER!!! Closest thing I’ve had to Sour Diesel in a long time.
My main priority…
View attachment 1280176
Nice comeback, they look healthy. I would advise against topping right before flip, unless you are trying for lower yield or you just want to see what happens. It's always good to experiment. Best to wait a week after topping before you flip if you want big buds.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Nice comeback, they look healthy. I would advise against topping right before flip, unless you are trying for lower yield or you just want to see what happens. It's always good to experiment. Best to wait a week after topping before you flip if you want big buds.
Thanks! Yeah I just kinda want to see what happens, and maybe how small I could grow one. I think it’d be cool to harvest 6 different strains in one 3x3 tent, yield an ounce per plant or something. That way I could have a good variety each harvest. But this time I’d just be doing it with one, topping short then flipping right away.

growsince79

growsince79

Thanks! Yeah I just kinda want to see what happens, and maybe how small I could grow one. I think it’d be cool to harvest 6 different strains in one 3x3 tent, yield an ounce per plant or something. That way I could have a good variety each harvest. But this time I’d just be doing it with one, topping short then flipping right away.
I got mine staggered so I'm chopping 1 small plant every week or two. They make 1-2 and I can usually trim them in ten minutes. I like lots of variety, and we are allowed 6 flowering so small plants work good in my 2 x 4.

IMG 20220910 011559757 HDR

Latest posts

Top Bottom