**2nd Grow** SpiderFarmer SF4000 , NFTG #4 -Sour Power-Hella Jelly-Strawberry Cheesecake- 3x3 Tent

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I got mine staggered so I'm chopping 1 small plant every week or two. They make 1-2 and I can usually trim them in ten minutes. I like lots of variety, and we are allowed 6 flowering so small plants work good in my 2 x 4.

Awesome grow with lots of consistent variety. How do you get to the staggered harvest like that? Do you have another toom with a light that is kept 18/6 and you just pop new beans every couple months and then move into 2x4 whenever ready or want, and just harvest plants individually as they finish?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I got mine staggered so I'm chopping 1 small plant every week or two. They make 1-2 and I can usually trim them in ten minutes. I like lots of variety, and we are allowed 6 flowering so small plants work good in my 2 x 4.
I see you turn them very early, I don't see the point in growing them so small. Do you need to keep them short & small for a reason? I can also harvest a plant a week if I stagger flowering but I like big bushes and veg for 2 months at least. I have this Gelato I took pics of yesterday at 9 weeks in flower, I'll get as much off of this one plant as you do your entire crop. I'm just asking as I don't understand the idea of small plants being beneficial in any way.

In a 3 gallon fabric pot

growsince79

growsince79

I see you turn them very early, I don't see the point in growing them so small. Do you need to keep them short & small for a reason? I can also harvest a plant a week if I stagger flowering but I like big bushes and veg for 2 months at least. I have this Gelato I took pics of yesterday at 9 weeks in flower, I'll get as much off of this one plant as you do your entire crop. I'm just asking as I don't understand the idea of small plants being beneficial in any way.

In a 3 gallon fabric potView attachment 1280372
For one thing, its a lot easier trimming. As for yield, I can get 2oz/sqft with a 14-21 day veg. What kind of yield do you get?
If I grow big plants, yield (g/sf/d) goes down.

Dothraki

Dothraki

In a 3 gallon fabric potView attachment 1280372
For me the reason would be variety. I can’t just smoke the same thing all the time and for every occasion. I’d like to keep mine small so I can grow more of them, yield should work out the same more or less right? 6 one ounce plants or 1 six ounce plant.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

For me the reason would be variety. I can’t just smoke the same thing all the time and for every occasion. I’d like to keep mine small so I can grow more of them, yield should work out the same more or less right? 6 one ounce plants or 1 six ounce plant.

More or less. Bigger plants take longer to grow. This is a non-issue for me though. Someone else might want to turn their garden over more often. Smaller plants allow a grower to do just that ... Perpetual grows are another option if you're looking for variety.

growsince79

growsince79

That's the best part. I like to try lots of diff seeds. I still have old seeds that have never been tested.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
For one thing, its a lot easier trimming. As for yield, I can get 2oz/sqft with a 14-21 day veg. What kind of yield do you get?
If I grow big plants, yield (g/sf/d) goes down.
I've no idea of what sqft yield I get, I fill jars, never weigh it, I could guess but I'd probably hedge. I just look at 3 week old plants and wonder why anyone would flip such a tiny plant when another few weeks would double your yield per plant. I had a bud that turned what hr called stick plants 100 at a time. Legal wise he'd be fked if he got caught compared to my 4 -5 big ones but he was like you turn them fast...he couldn't get me to do it. I'm stubborn and it just looks wrong......Each there own I just wondered why

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
6 times the work of one as well, I'd guess conservatively I get about 1/4 lb per plant, 6 plants = 1- 1/2 lbs in 4 .5 months if I harvest them all at once, compared to 6 oz in 3 months if I flip at 3 weeks

growsince79

growsince79

I've no idea of what sqft yield I get, I fill jars, never weigh it, I could guess but I'd probably hedge. I just look at 3 week old plants and wonder why anyone would flip such a tiny plant when another few weeks would double your yield per plant. I had a bud that turned what hr called stick plants 100 at a time. Legal wise he'd be fked if he got caught compared to my 4 -5 big ones but he was like you turn them fast...he couldn't get me to do it. I'm stubborn and it just looks wrong......Each there own I just wondered why
If limits were different, I''d grow different too. I'm allowed 6 in flower. The 3 week plant I flip, would take up twice the space if I let it veg another 2 weeks. So instead if 6 plants, I'd have room for only 3.

growsince79

growsince79

6 times the work of one as well, I'd guess conservatively I get about 1/4 lb per plant, 6 plants = 1- 1/2 lbs in 4 .5 months if I harvest them all at once, compared to 6 oz in 3 months if I flip at 3 weeks
Is that in a 4 x 4? It's very strain dependent, but I've done solid 1lb crops in 3 months using 300w in 2 x 4. A SOG would make even more, but would be over the limit. If I could only do 1 plant, it would take me 5-6 months to get a pound

Dothraki

Dothraki

I don’t grow for yield though, only quality and variety. Variety is important so I’m not smoking the same bud all the time. Switch it up throughout the day and night depending on what type of high I’m going for.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ok all topped and ready to put in flower probably next week. Might throw the bigger ones into flower by the end of the week.

Hella Jelly #1 was topped a couple nodes down from the top, curious if there’s a benefit. I would think it’s better to top high and trim from the bottom up but…I’ll see how it ends up.
056AE828 18C3 4156 A93A 241A36FC3B1D

BA5C4836 2E26 422F 9BEA 9CAC4230B2D2

growsince79

growsince79

Ok all topped and ready to put in flower probably next week. Might throw the bigger ones into flower by the end of the week.

Hella Jelly #1 was topped a couple nodes down from the top, curious if there’s a benefit. I would think it’s better to top high and trim from the bottom up but…I’ll see how it ends up.
View attachment 1281090

View attachment 1281091
buckle up; ready for take off.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Still figuring out whether I should strip offshoots or not. On one hand it’s extra bud…but on the other hand it’s more bushiness.

Top Bottom