2x UC12xl13 and 12K watts.....Sealed

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hogan400

here is what went down...
my rez solution got a little low so the ppm's went up and I like to push em a little anyway. I got some mild burn on my tips... No real big deal and probably not too important.

THE ISSUE
The electricity went out for about 6 hrs. I hand watered, but.. they were without water for a bit (4hrs?) before I noticed. my tray did get a little dry..

2 days later I noticed a greenish brown algae on the surface of my tray and a little on some roots. I immediately scrubbed the tray and rez. Then added nutes back in at half strength along with "zone" at 1ml per gallon. however a few of the plants have some root browning and this one in particular is having issues. I think im going to chop the roots as they are still in veg.

Any ideas why this happened? Was it the algae? Was it them drying out? what would you guys do at this point? Can I or has anyone used h2o2 coupled with zone? Thanks in advance as I really appreciate you guys being able to offer any advice.

IMG 2419
IMG 2418
H

hogan400

I use r.o water and the temp is currently 64.9 and my ppm is at 409. The ph is at 6.0 on the meter and roughly the same on the dropper. the roots look better off camera and the plant next to her has great roots! I believe the algae attacked her roots the worst as the others seem to be ok>

H

hogan400

Ok, the above problem was solved...
the next problem of weird leaf issues were partially solved in a help thread and here's whats crackin now! Rapid plugs trapped moisture against my stems and it almost killed a few ladies. Also did not realize r.h. was so critical along with keeping salts loooow!

Growing ok but not crazy...just cant get my ec and ph right but its a learning curve im starting to gain on.

Sum this up in two words" reservoir management"!! I been doin way to much ppm/ph adjusting.

IMG 6552
IMG 6553
IMG 6555
IMG 6554
H

hogan400

more pics

Hhink im ready to do some defoilarizin' and more lst. Gonna add some cage or trellis type support next couple days. I hope to flip soon but really need these broads to snap out of all the b.s shock I put em thru. Kinda disappointed I lost 3 early on to some stem rot but oh well. Should I start a new thread now that im actually in the uc and its no longer 12k, double blah blah blah, and now a completed 15evo?

IMG 6556
IMG 6548
IMG 6559
IMG 6560
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Those roots look a lot better... Good to see those girls starting to bounce back... :nod

H

hogan400

updated pics

4 days later and bOOM, these ladies took off and I should probably be flipping them soon.

First up is the runt "ack". Guess im glad I moved them around. I like her in the back where I have more room to work. She was damaged badly by the stem rot from the rapid rooters trapping moisture against the stem.

IMG 6574
IMG 6575
IMG 6580
H

hogan400

Next up are the full size ack ladies thats are exploding. I just did some leaf removal and 2 days later filled completely in...

I put all of them on both sides last 3 sites as they dont bush out like the others. Middles are all Raspberry kush. Front row corners are Romulan.

IMG 6570
IMG 6569
IMG 6565
H

hogan400

Front corner Romulans and the first middle Raspberry runt that was also a stem rot survivor. In all I had 5 that were affected, some worse than others. But all have snapped out and are going crazy!!

IMG 6567
IMG 6565
IMG 6568
IMG 6566
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Great update! Glad to see those girls back in action... :cool

H

hogan400

couple root and stem photos. I put in my hps bulbs expecting to switch any day now. Pics are kinda orange...

IMG 6582
IMG 6583
IMG 6584
IMG 6585
H

hogan400

shady,

Its been a lil stressful but gettin it done. Thanks for lurking and help. You can see the base of the last stem healed up and the damage done... got a nice new cloner now and Ima trim off all these suckers and make clones out of em. Also any laterals and tops I have to prune.

How tall before flip should these go and what is a good ppm to start my bloom at?
Dutch master a/b grow is currently at 410ppm .5 scale currently. I was thinking 550 and flip tomo even though I was hoping the smalls would catch up, so I could have a more uniform canopy for my first rd...

H

hogan400

It still seems to me my ppm or ec should be higher... and my r.h. is terrible. The humidifier I scooped is garbage and so is the larger replacement. Im gonna hang my trellis from the ceiling for support. I was deciding on fence, but after reading more threads Im going to train tops to the net.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I think 550 PPM is a good start at 5.8 pH in bloom... Just check the PPM and pH in the epicenter daily and take notes.... You can always set your topoff res higher in PPM's if the ladies are hungry. The ambient environment is just as important to make sure your RH, VPD, temps, and CO2 are working together. Not sure how much stretch these ladies are gonna go through, but I think you should definitely consider flipping in a week once you get the screen or cages in place. If you do a screen, you'll prob need a second screen once the shoots stretch through the first. BTW, I hope you've covered those empty buckets cuz you don't want light on the water... :thinking

H

hogan400

shady,
With my r.h. so low my vpd is garbage....lol. Temps are good co2 is a lil low around 750. When they get bigger I will be able to gain more r.h and vpd control and dial up my co2 to 1200-1500.

Was thinking one nice screen and tie down... maybe a lil bushmaster and then just cover them with trellis over the tops after week 3-4 to add more support? The end buckets have the empty net pots in em. I was gonna insulate all the buckets but I see no algae, or moisture collecting on the outside since my r.h is at 40. I figure fuck it. this first run has been an ongoing experiment.... whats next ya know!

G

GeneticFreak

Hogan I didn't catch how you fixed your root issues. My root system struggling and I'm using 1.3ml/gal. My local hydro store told me to use subdue maxx. But I haven't heard of anyone here using it. So I'm not sure if I will. Anyways those bushes are lookin real nice man keep it up!!

H

hogan400

Im not sure on subdue maxx for the uc. I wouldnt mess subdue maxx in uc, as Zone and h2o2 are great, and most importantly, already proven.... So far "my" two problems were
algae bloom in my 3x3 veg recirc setup.I just made a lid to block light. I see people w roots on the open tables all the time, but my nutes, r.o water, and t-5 combo gave me a nice thick amazing algae bloom....

rapid rooter plugs in the u.c. I chalked it up to human error since some people have success with them. They were planted to low and as a result stayed too wet and trapped moisture against the stem resulting in stem damage. (rot)

notes from my daily checklist of parameters and additions were:

scrubbed my tray and cleaned 3x3, add fresh nutes at 30%, new lid w holes cut (similar to "budgoggles" veg thread) to block light, added zone @2ml per gallon (water is not chilled and stays around 70) no problems after that in veg.

removed rapid rooter plug root crown gently as much as possible. Zone at 2ml per gallon, sprayed stem and roots w 2ml h2o2 per gal. (to disinfect and strip any damaged or decaying plant matter to reduce chance of infection?/bacteria spread if some should fall into the buckets after death)...

Ima look at your thread next and see if there are any things I can see or help you with..THESE WERE MY FIXES AND I KNOW YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT PROBLEM MOST LIKELY... BUT THREW THIS DOWN SO ANYONE NEW CAN SEE WHAT I DID HELPED AT THE CURRENT POINT OF ISSUE.

S

shakey

Nice bushes hogan I'm following what you do closely.. I have faith that with your knowalge and all the other farmers here you will have success. 1 question tho.. How tall will your ladies be when you flip them to 12/12?
:animbong:

H

hogan400

shakey,

Wish I had more rdwc experience before taking on this system, as the problems Ive had seem kinda basic...
Ladies are 16-24" tall and all close to the same width with a few almost 30" across. Bushing out like crazy!!
Flipped em tonight and putting my first screen in place tomo.

I noticed one of my ladies has a new spot of stem rot? No rooter left touching it but the hydroton was trapped right up against it where there was rooter below... the stem also curves and then turns straight up. I noticed a brown spot with brown sap droplets.... a closer inspection of the side, and behind it, was a goey sore. I pulled some hydroton out by hand and aimed a small fan at her, rinsed it with h2o2 and she foamed up! I cant really see how she was excessively wet, so im wondering if its a fungal attack? The roots are pristine and growth seems to have slowed a bit on this one. Guess tomo is a new day and I will know more then

Top Bottom