2x UC12xl13 and 12K watts.....Sealed

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiboy

hiboy

Starting to look like a lush jungle in there hogan! If you are starting with nearly close to 0 PPM of RO and add 2 ml/gal of CalMag, then you should be around 80 PPM @ 0.5 conversion to EC. That's the max strength of CalMag that I run with the DM Gold line in the Under Current. If you are getting much higher than 80 PPM of CalMag when using 2 ml/gal, then your volume of RO is off...

Also, now that it's been almost a week into the flip and the girls are established and blowing up... I'd consider raising the PPM's of the nutrient mix in the UC to at least 500 PPM. That's just my feelings based on how things look, but some lights out shots would really help show those girls' true colors to be sure. BTW, I would never defoliate the majority of the fan leaves to reduce stretch, but I would try to keep the day time and night time temps nearly the same to control stretch. In any event those girls are looking sexy with the shaved legs... :cool

great info shady,
ur a blessing to have around
h

H

hogan400

st3ve, I realize they are gonna blow up. I had to give a few of them some extra time to fill in since they were recovering from my veg abuse...I hated to, but wanted to give em time to get healthy and then worry about stretch control after the fact. I know its weird but I'd rather mow a few tops then pluck to many leaves. My experience has shown me if I do 12x 2 gallon bags, or 3x ten gallon bags under a 1000k I end up with the same harvest weight in the end. IMHO, I have had to chop mains because of stretch before and the plants almost always pick up the slack somewhere given I pay attention to the strains I personally grow. My concept in this grow is to do 2 screens and tie off on top of the second. I hope it works and I dont regret it!!

The middle plants bush out like mad and the bottoms fill the fuck out!! (these respond to tipping well and I didnt do it once this rd on purpose) I'm betting in uc they go nuts. The outter plants stretch and have thick stalky branches and I expect my bulb height should be ok as they are a short kush by nature...

H

hogan400

Shady,

I already set my a.c's in late veg to keep at 78 day night to reduce stretch. I dont want em to hot during day to limit stretch even though I'm running co2. End cycle Ill drop the shit outta my temps to capture more color.... I def dont wanna pull any of my leaves other than to allow light to my lowers!

Thanks for touching on the cal mag. I been bringing it up to 120-150 ppm before nutes and think I'm driving my ph down and also creating a slight toxicity... Ill toss some night time photos up of what I see.

I have grown many a plant for 10+ yrs now and really lack the rdwc/uc experience. Im thankful for all of you guys and gals helping me out. Shit like nute strength and stretch as well as water level and ph control are my real struggles ya know..

love me some shaved legs!! good shit man! haha

who uses bushmaster? with success in uc? and how bout overdrive with dm gold or a booster to slow stretch and get the boogie on?

H

hogan400

shady,
Here's pics. Kinda shitty, but if you look close (blow em up) you can see the yellow splotches and discolorations in the veins. Im thinking it may be a virus. or genetic issue?

I reduced cal-mg to .5ml and my ph is reacting normal but I cant seem to get my ppm over 350-400 before they seem to get pissed? Ph is 5.8 when I go to sleep and 6.3 when I wake...

IMG 6626
IMG 6627
H

hogan400

Night time

ACK. A critical mass lemon variation that medicates and sedates ya.
Short stocky indica that puts on weight. A coveted strain in our community..

IMG 6631
IMG 6643
IMG 6645
H

hogan400

Raspberry kush. Branchy and thick leaves like lettuce. Pretty popular around here and colors up nicely. Stinks so bad its overwhelming!

IMG 6644
IMG 6637
IMG 6641
H

hogan400

Here is the one still giving me stem trouble. I feel she wont make it full term because her stem sweats off and on and wont dry completely! she looks nice and full and stretching fine so I guess well see?

IMG 6646
IMG 6641
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looks like a slight Magnesium deficiency to me... Interveinal chlorosis on the older leaves and lime green new leaves. The small spots could be the beginning of a Calcium deficiency as well. Also the red petioles are a sign of a hungry plant unless those strains always have that color... The turgid leaves at night during this transition week into the flip lead me to believe that the plants are uptaking lots of water as well. As you know the first trimester of bloom is where the girls are stretching and switching over to flower mode... IME, this is the time when the girls need enough N, Ca, and Mg to be stored and converted to energy as you transition over to higher amounts of P and K... :cool

dirk d

dirk d

great job so far Hogan, keep it up bro. your 1st run with any new setup should always be with little expectations. just learn the system and its ins and outs. dial it in, which looks like your doing, and watch out for a monster 2nd run.

also if you white balance your pics. you wont have that orange color to it. great job bro!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Hogan, I just wanted to clarify that my post was in response to the two Picts you asked about in post 104. Overall your girls look great! This is one of the problems with running multiple strains in the UC and why I'm gonna monocrop from now on. one other thing to consider is how high your humidity is and how low your VPD is, which can cause the stomata to open completely... :thinking

H

hogan400

thanks dirkd. Im terrible w cameras, what else can I say. lol

shady, one of my foremost concerns was multiple strain grow in the uc. I was told no problem as they only feed what they need in water culture. I knew better but figured why not try it... they all go 57-60 days...One works better than the other, shes the monocrop next rd.

My humidity was super low but now high since they are larger. Im gonna have to add a 2nd dehuey....My PPM is coming up slowly. we shall see.

H

hogan400

my ppm hits 450 and my ph starts to stall at 5.4... wtf!

right around 420-450 my ph sits flat overnight. today is start of week 2 and it seems my plants just arent doing the boogie and this little mag issue still seems to show itself.

root temp 65.4
cal mag at 2ml per gal and dm a+b til I hit the 420-450 range.

greenguy

greenguy

Just chiming in to say awesome grow! I am hoping to do a 9 site UC13 grow soon and will be following your thread...keep up the good work!

H

hogan400

Thanks much greeng!
evo is nice but im still not sold on it for horizontal in my room. next i will switch to vert if i can.

Its been a ride. Ill post new pics soon. things are just explodin in there. About waist/chest high and growing inches every day.
last night had a power outage and bout shit my pants. time for a mini gen to run air and water pumps at least...

some1

some1

Power outage / nothing like a shot of anxiety when you don't need it.
Looking good waiting on next pics.
Cheers S1

H

hogan400

day 12

Things are stretching and looking fine. got my ppm @ 610 and rising. Ph still kinda stuck @ 5.8-6.0

first up, Romulan...they are hungry and if I push any harder the Ack gets pissed so Im just stuck.

IMG 6648
IMG 6655
H

hogan400

next up Ack...
looking nice and they seem to be bushing out ok. not much stretch in this system with them??

stalk photo of one med sized lady.

IMG 6651
IMG 6654
IMG 6657
H

hogan400

overall garden. wish I was running all lights and had the last 3 sites filled...

IMG 6653
IMG 6652

Latest posts

Top Bottom