2x UC12xl13 and 12K watts.....Sealed

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hogan400

It seems things may be taking a turn for the worse.
Not sure why, but I seem to have ph still at 5.0 and several plants are showing issues, burning, getting lighter in color, leaf curl at the very tips are downward and seems like some excessive ph shock. Tomo is a new day and I certainly hope its better. To think all I did was flush these bitches and now another problem.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Your plants looked good. It was looking like a solid ride!!! I wish you the best.

St3ve

St3ve

You could try and flush with just fresh nutes and nothing else.

I've gotten to a point where I don't even adjust the PH anymore. I just let it ride all the time. (with tap water)

HighDesertMMJ

HighDesertMMJ

Shady-

Got you PM, can't reply this is my 1st post.

I intend to give you +rep for something you posted, not negitive, sorry.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Shady-

Got you PM, can't reply this is my 1st post.

I intend to give you +rep for something you posted, not negitive, sorry.
No worries brah! I was hoping I didn't say something wrong or give bad advice. Really hope to see you post a thread on your UC setup... I like the stats on your grow room profile and really hope that you and other Under Current growers start to post more of their results... It doesn't need to be a full on grow journal, but some eye candy would be sweet... :mmm

G

GeneticFreak

Maybe your meter is malfunctioning. I use the black hanna and I'm on my second one in a year because it started giving me problems. I took it back to the shop I bought it from and they told me that a lot of people were having problems. They called hanna and replaced it on site. Just a thought bro. Sorry to hear about your sito! Hope things bounce back soon.

hiboy

hiboy

Hoping u can pull this one thru Hogan,
UC is a mean tricky motha in the beginning,
i havent dared to challenge her yet.
On a good note u do have alot of help on here so thats a big plus
h

H

hogan400

Not sure whats next but between the nute swap out the low ph, and then removal of so much nute solution and adding back fresh water, the burn and weird def showing themselves.... Im trippin.

Thanks for the good vibes friends, I need em. I pulled a chunk of rotting roots from a romulan but it appeared it was snapped right next to a net pot hole it had grown thru. I think I might of damaged it checking em the day before.not sure however roots still seem fairy healthy.

I would do a flush but dont want to stress em any more. I calibrate my meters every few weeks and if I notice ph issues I automatically grab my dropper test. Bout to check em again right now...

G

GeneticFreak

Isn't sudden drop in ph usually an indication of pyth or algea growth? I know you said you use zone but are you using any h2o2?

H

hogan400

Not using h2o2. All this was brought on from a nute swap. I realize they will slow and need to begin to eat but the ph drop was heavy. Im seeing some major ph shock because of this. No algae. Im not seeing any browning or rot. some seem a little tan but I imagine some of this is roots getting a little older and the nutes? No ladies died yet and the ph has stopped falling.... def some shock and im worried about the roots.

H

hogan400

Ph rose a little overnight and the ladies are coming out of shock. Swap was thursday eve and its monday now. Thats a loss of 3 days growth and the damage that was done. Im not sure that all the roots are solid but the ladies seem to be feeding and coming out of shock. Still gonna take a week to get my feeding up!

room temp 78
water temp 65.3
ph 5.8
ppm 376! this is lame!
co2 1100 cuz I backed it off a lil

thanks for the advice and support friends. Gonna stay focused on the ride at hand.

G

GeneticFreak

Hogan I'm at 970ppm and we started around the same time. Drop the co2 completely imo. Every time I turn mine on they don't like it. I have been adding 1gal a day r/o with 100ml a&b, 1ml/gal calmg, and I just started bud candy today to get me there. What ppm were you at before things went catty wampus? Do you add ph up or down straight into your epi in small doses. I'm doing that to hit my target 6.0. I'm not sure if thats the correct way to adjust but it seems to work so far.
I'm asking these questions for two reasons. One is to make sure I'm not in for a rude awakining cause ur doin the same shit or two you might wanna try it.

Edit: I was just reading some of the earlier post and saw ur ppm was at 620. That being said there's a couple points I wanna make. Your co2 in my experience should be about the same ppm as your nutes. I have tried pushing co2 before the ppm is up and they fail. Also this whole thing about riding ph would kill my plants like tomorrow if I allowed them to swing like that. Try to dose it everyday to maintain what you want it to be. Another thing is if your ph falls fast I think that's an indication your under feeding. No desrespect to any one like Desert Squirel or any farmers that have the skills and genetics to let em swing but I can't do it with me girls just yet.
Peace GF

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Good to hear that things are starting to get back on track hogan. It's hard to keep them all happy when running diff strains on the same nutrient profile... Monocrop in the UC FTW! I also agree that CO2 levels should generally coincide with nutrient strength. Hope to see some photos of the girls soon... :nod

H

hogan400

Gf,
Ive never heard the thought of co2 matching, and feeding ppms. Im not sure thats correct? Only because of my past experiences running it? Ive had girls eat nutes like crazy but want 1200 ppm, and some light feeders that liked 1700 ppm. Also my room is "completely" sealed. Not even a crack in the door so I must add co2. Its low right now at 1200 to reduce stress... probably only mine. lol
Also some feeding programs mix higher in ppm than others.

I dont add to any ph up/down to the epicenter unless diluted first in 5gal of fresh water. IME I did early and it gave me drastic swings. I add 1/3 bucket of this every 10-20 min into my remaining empty 3 sites at the far end with no plants, so it dilutes further before pump transfer to the epicenter. Next round those sites will be full if I keep this system?

I let my ph swing but no lower than 5.2 or higher than 6.2. After it mixes I turn on my ball valve, only during the day, my ph is always 5.5 to 5.8 all day. At night I shut down my top off ball valve and let the ph rise overnight. Each morning I start my topoff by adding fresh water and my nute ratio according to ppm I think they may want. Less or more based on the overnight rise and ppm usage I see... Its a simple way for me to top off, monitor, and reduce any chance of a leak while allowing ph to rise some. IMO I feel if I locked my plants in I would have major issues because some elements are available lower in ph and others higher.

When it no longer rises overnight im pushing them and I can see it in the tips, color, and texture of my leaf. My co2 levels I monitor by the transpiration of moisture in the air (r.h) in my sealed room along with the leaf ridges. Example, if my r.h is high and I see a slight outer tip ridge lift, I know im good but if the ridge curls then I back it down. The ridge I mean is the tiny jagged edge of the leaf actually turns "up" similar to mag def or heavy feeding, but no color or burn you know. I find my ridge control is directly affected by my co2 ppm and the tip will turn or flatten based on it, with no damage. In this new room I have to add another dehuey because my r.h is too high and i dont have the same ability now that they are huge to dial it and get the control i like.

This is only my experience, Im not sure how much of this is correct? Im gonna read on the co2 and feeding ppms you mention to see what I find. Thanks man. All info is good info.

H

hogan400

I will say outside air is typically 450ppm, use elevated co2 levels to push em. Also at the end I drop co2 to 500 because they really are not feeding any more you know?

If 1500 co2 ppm's is the average sweet spot, who is running d,master at 1500 in uc? I havent seen over 900 in any threads yet?

H

hogan400

Corner romulans and front row.

Support screen only this round. needs to be tucked in a little but thats pretty much it, I need it to get underneath for emergencies on my first rd!

IMG 6687
IMG 6676
IMG 6686
Top Bottom