2x UC12xl13 and 12K watts.....Sealed

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crossouttheiis

Yeah I been hand trimming forever and I have helpers but the last time I had them together at once I wanted to shoot myself! Jabbering, smoke breaks and lame ass music and on and on...I just wanna knock it out and move on ya know.

People just give low donations around here nowadays! I say, dont you ask if its clean and pesticide free during bloom or organic? 90% of people say it is. I just laugh since clearly the earthy, smelly, no high, cali outdoor is regular organic nowadays, and pesticides rule. People have no Idea what they are getting around here. If it comes in a turkey bag ruuuunnn!!!

Haha I know exactly what you mean. I do it all myself along with my girl now regardless of how much it turns out to be. First of trust and then quality of work. I think I would find myself bitching about that kinda stuff so much. LOL oregonians and organic... what a joke. I have a few friends that frequent the clubs in portland and everytime they come back they have some crazy story how it was grown and how much care was taken of it, but it still looks like shit lol. Turkey bags are from california, but larger scaled grows in southern oregon and portland area still do it the same way haha

Turkey bag with a bread tie even! Nothing against cali growers in general but in the OREGON AREA WE GET THE WORST! Hand trimming is like Nordstroms and rolex around here....with a Targe' price!

Yeah Im gonna continue the journal for a solid rd and then do one vert and then who knows. Although it seems Im making friends here and I miss that about overgrow! That little veg setup this rd is doing very well. Thanks for noticing.

I used to be all for using a machine and getting the job done asap, but after comparing with multiple trimmers nothing seemed to do the trick. I am glad I got them used and traded them in for credit. I am still trying to get my solid run in. I haven't been able to break the lb/ plant mark yet. This next round I am going to be shooting for at least that regardless of veg time. That thick insulation foam works good. I bought too thin of foam last time and it has already cracked. What made you decide to make the holes larger so the netpots drop under the foam?

Oh man I know what you mean, helpers usually make me wanna shoot myself.. I've learned to have them fed by how much, fast and by the quality they feed me.. ;) They seem to wanna get the job done this way.. We are in many wars now a days, quality control is definitely one of the lost ones a few seem to appreciate..

I don't know why people want to buy stuff of not the highest quality. In oregon we are starting to get 100 and 150 ounces... lol not the best in price and that is regardless of quality

H

hogan400

cross,
2 yrs ago I was still getting the full ticket $, then Boom, 1k right off the top! And I see the same quality you see, from the clubs as well....... that being said I guess Im only mad the market is so soft across the river. Seattle prices are still ok.

My lady loves to trim.... for about 4 hours... then she hates me.
I looked your thread over and I see only a few areas you might seal the deal. I have read the reports of red walls but I believe the white walls will do you a 10-15% proper. The rest of your work is veg work. And early bloom training
1 .I would recommend NO cleaning the lowers until you flower. Let it get bushy as fuck.
2. Every day go in and pat all your ladies on the head like a big dog with both hands. you will be bending every tip down enough to tell her to force new elongation at the nodes. creating more branching and opportunity for bud sites. Almost like slapping your ladies ass with both hands! Plants like it and its a super simplified approach to tip bending.
3. If you have any main branches that are shooting up twist the stem and bend it over til it lays down. That will absolutely force lateral growth from the mid section of your plant. The 2nd area of heavy bud weight!! just below the tops!!!!
4 First day in bloom eliminate suckers. 5th day in bloom eliminate weak lower branches and then follow D.S log to leaf and stem pruning. It dont have to be perfect but I struggle to hit 1 per light til I learned pruning efficiently in veg and early bloom.

couple tips I do outside his log are on the leg shaving of them, I leave lots of my largers feeder leafs on the outside bottom only. Ive found that when plucking uppers, sometimes you remove the best feeders, imo leaving feeders "lower" even if shaded will provide more light to power the ladies mid section growth. Again this is the 2nd area of major bud development and weight! Also I spread my upper branches and leave areas for that new growth to get more light inside. I hope this can help you, it isnt the end all be all. Just works for me and my circle very very well.

I put my net pots under foam because it keeps em lower and I dont have to run as much water, also because the foam cracks like you noticed. D.S make a very good point with "water roots". When I see top feed or flood and drain threads vegging outside the uc, the roots seem to die off more and the shock is pretty intense. If vegged in water with stones only up 1" on the pot ,the roots only grow out that area for the most part, and shock is minimal. I will take pics tonight for ya.
gottta get to work again...

H

hogan400

here water comes up from the rez and down the far side. Net pots only 1.25" deep with spare airstones on my spare alita pump.
very little roots above the 1.25" water depth and good circulation from a 1200lph powerhead.

each day I pat them or bend the tips to force lateral and middle growth.

IMG 6830
IMG 6831
IMG 6832
IMG 6829
H

hogan400

I saved all the foam cutouts so I can slide em in to block light that creates algae in any sites not being used. I also like a spot to test ppm/ec or top off with zone/freshwater.

This next rd is gonna be smooth since I will add a 1k in a week.

IMG 6835
IMG 6834
HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Looks good! Nice and healthy plants you got there for sure!

Dumb question for ya plz, how do you get the plants out of that system and into the UC? Or do you? I think I might have missed something here. Is this your prep/clone station before the plants go into the UC system?

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

H

hogan400

ftwendy, thank you. Do you have any thread pics or build pics?

HydroR, Its been a work in progress and feel I will turn corners on this next grow fer sure. I had some simple problems become long term issues, using rapid rooters and a little algae.

Pre veg before uc. The system is recirculating, I use the 8" net pots provided by uc. Once I get size I require and roots I want, I pick up the pot and tranfer to uc. Im thinking I can get the size I like early in the 8" net pots. My last run they were pretty big, so I will prob add another tray and split em up giving em more room to spread.

H

hogan400

Thanks d.s, I appreciate you stopping in. Ill be watching your side by sides closely. I like that you have the ability to do that, pretty good stuff going on over there!!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Seems like you've got things rolling along Hogan! The bud shots look dank and the next round in veg looks lush... :rock

H

hogan400

Shady,

I feel like I figured out all the little random issues I had this rd. This next one will be epic and my early veg is already looking real good. I have some new ideas, skills and products Im gonna try this next rd. :cool0010:

Ill start a new thread on drop day since everything is so different now. Thanks for the words and help my man!

H

hogan400

a few root photos, filled the entire bucket. I transferred it to a 5 gal to get photos since im still working. raspberry kush stalk and roots. I actually had to cram it into the 5gal...lol

IMG 6836
IMG 6837
IMG 6838
H

hogan400

some raspberry color and frost.
I need to get better with this camera. Crazy shadows and cant get a quality close up... my fault farmers!

IMG 6851
IMG 6846
Z

ZombieSlave

lol I have the same strain in my UC for my 1st grow as well, your fruit looks awesome!

Shane20

Shane20

Nice work Hogan! Looks like you had to hire Paul Bunyan to cut that sucker down! Lol! I will be posting a grow log here shortly....

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Looks real nice Hogan.. Beautiful colors you pulled off there.. I look forward to your next run with all your gained knowledge of the UC.. cheers...

H

hogan400

Thanks friends,

Zslave, dont be surprised when you hit day 50 and they are finished. I kept my ac at 61 in the eve and colors went off pretty well.

Shane2o, wait til post my other stalks. basically 1/2" smaller than a coke can. And I do look forward to seeing your grow here! Get down with it..

All4, thanks fellow farmer.....I am actually really stoked for the next rd as well. 3 weeks ago I was ready to split the system and do half coco but I feel the things Im doing this next grow will really set the bar for my future ones! Some really simple things too. I keep looking at your thread and I like your work. I wanna go vert...waiting for updates....lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom