3 days in complete darkness for more trichomes

• Thread starter uberstuber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

uberstuber

I would like to hear what people who have tried this have to say about this idea. I looked on here for a thread about it but I gave up. I heard the stress makes them get super frosty. I can't ever grow that super frosty crazy super frost like green ribbon etc. I am wondering if this is their secret.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
when I tried this (was only once) all I got a shit ton of new white hairs

hairs = harsh

it was a mulit strain grow back in the 90's, had NL, Skunk, G13 and trichomes ultarviolet cut (rumored to now be the sr 71 pk)

all of them had new white hairs and not a noticeable difference in trichs

if you do a search here you should find a few threads with plenty of discussion on this topic

C

CanadianClassic

I read in a few books its good to leave your plants in pure darkness for 48 hours pre harvest

D

DazedNconfussed

when I tried this (was only once) all I got a shit ton of new white hairs

hairs = harsh

Same here, I tried it on one of my OG's, I actually seen new whit hairs after 2 days on the top of my cola buds. I was hoping it may help amber her up before harvest but i seen no help there either.

Not saying it dont do something to some strains, but it didnt help my OG.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
:giggle>>anybody who does this may as well put grape Kool Aide in there reservoirs so it will taste like grape<<

gtd

H

HighOnTheHill

God bless the grass that grows through the cracks.

I do this trick from time to time and notice dramatic resin increases. Almost hash tips on my indicas. Just be careful to keep humidity low around 40% and temps up around daytime temps, a little lower is ok but around 70 seems to work great for me. ( I run around 65 until the the last three days) This combination really stimulates resin production while keeping more hairs from forming. One drawback is on some sativas and hazes is bud malformation and long runs in towering formations. Just my two cents, and I don't like Kool Aide, lemon aide please. God bless.

general_sketch

general_sketch

I've tried this the last two flowering runs, I don't know if it increased resin significantly, I wasn't honestly looking for that so I couldn't tell.

It did seem, keyword there, to increase trich development. Compared to where the majority of trich's were prior to the 48 hrs, there was a noticeable increase in the levels of cloudy/amber trich heads in only 2 days time.

And that is in contrast to the levels 2 days of 12/12 would've brought out. So the darkness seems to trigger a ripening response. More research is needed.

:D

S

Steve Z

I've tried this the last two flowering runs, I don't know if it increased resin significantly, I wasn't honestly looking for that so I couldn't tell.

It did seem, keyword there, to increase trich development.

trichomes = resin

had to read that like five times to see if im crazy, but no it doesnt make sense lol

supercharged

supercharged

trichomes = resin

had to read that like five times to see if im crazy, but no it doesnt make sense lol

:giggle i was thinkin the same thing u know
i have tried this method once and cant say i noticed the difference reali, this was raskals white fire though so im not sure if anymore trich's could fit on my girl if she tried :D:D (jokes)

my arguement is if thc is produced to protect the plant from uv rays how can it possibly produce more thc with lights off?

just my 2cents, peace out SC

B

Buddy Flowers

::adds chicken grease to rezzies in hopes of making final product taste like Popeye's fried chicken::

S

Steve Z

i dont feel the lights off have anything to do with resin production.

i agree its blocking light the lack of light makes no sense.

i always thought it was cause the plant releases all the nutrients when there is no light, so the three days would make it more flushed of nutrients then not.

also, (obviously contradicting what is heard) i head it dies off and like fast ripens the plant.

never believed it added on more resin though, my shit has resin heads on heads, i dont need more lol

E

E.T.

word. i've run side-by-side tests of the '3 day's of night' with no results to back it up. did nothing to improve trich production or overall potency and taste. just my 2 cents.....

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

::adds chicken grease to rezzies in hopes of making final product taste like Popeye's fried chicken::

I hear that works... what do you think is in Secret Recipe? Although as you can see I prefer KFC... LMAO

http://i132.invalid.com/albums/q8/reddy72/KFCfootball-1.gif

B

Buddy Flowers

i hear the secret ingredient is just peace and chicken grease...so i hear ; )

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

I throw half eaten KFC legs in my res for chicken flavor.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I have no opinion on this matter because I have never done it but I believe generalsketch is talking about the trichs going from clear, cloudy to amber.

general_sketch

general_sketch

trichomes = resin

C'mon dude, obviously trich's = resin, I was talking about a difference between increasing the count of capitate stalked trichomes and increasing their level of development or maturity.

Its well within the realm of possibilities I worded my post clumsily but Tobor seemed to understand it. :)

edit: missed some posts from the last page

also, (obviously contradicting what is heard) i head it dies off and like fast ripens the plant.

lol, that sounds alot like this...

there was a noticeable increase in the levels of cloudy/amber trich heads in only 2 days time.

So the darkness seems to trigger a ripening response.

I

IVIars

I read you're supposed to do it for 36 hrs when you change from veg to flower. I haven't had a chance to try it so idk

Latest posts

Top Bottom