3 Per Light ... Who's Hitting It?

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I've been wanting to upgrade my lights for a while now, looking for some advice on the subject from u guys with de experience. I'm currently using two 600s, bare bulb hung horizontally. I really need keep the 360° coverage from the bare horizontal bulbs. Are there any options in a de version? Would have to be remote ballasts and gull-wing type hoods I can modify, or something along those lines. Any suggestions?
Do you mean vertical, I know my gavita DE's are horizontal only.
If you mean horizontal with no reflector, the gavitas have removable reflectors, you will still have the frame for the DE and ballast, but I don't know what effects it would have on it running that way.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Do you mean vertical, I know my gavita DE's are horizontal only.
If you mean horizontal with no reflector, the gavitas have removable reflectors, you will still have the frame for the DE and ballast, but I don't know what effects it would have on it running that way.
no I mean horizontal bare bulb, I've got Basically a 7' diameter x 8' horizontal cylinder "scog" with two 600s on a mover down the center. I would like to do the same thing with de 600s if possible

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I'm sorry, wrong place for this. I'll ask somewhere else. Haha didn't mean to derail the thread

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I'd say it's more to do with the grower adapting to their room not the secret recipe. Be able to dial your room the lights temp humidity. the medium the nutes the plant are all important yet not the only thing.
look at motor sport racing or bicycle racing. Each vehicle is the same essentially, yet when you break down all the little pieces you will see each machine has little tweaks for their operator to preform better. They constantly adapt and strive for the greatest consistent performance within their abilities.
So what I'm saying is if you step back take a good look at your room and how it performs find your weakest link and take steps to better that aspect. It's all about consistent performance. I see a lot of rooms that have temp and rh swings all the time typically the biggest problem.
Environment environment environment. I have a 3 degree dead band on my temp and 5 degree dead band on humidity.77-74 temp 65-70 humidity ftw

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I've been wanting to upgrade my lights for a while now, looking for some advice on the subject from u guys with de experience. I'm currently using two 600s, bare bulb hung horizontally. I really need keep the 360° coverage from the bare horizontal bulbs. Are there any options in a de version? Would have to be remote ballasts and gull-wing type hoods I can modify, or something along those lines. Any suggestions?
I use nanolux de remote ballast with adjustawings de for what it's worth. Killer combos I have done side by sides with gavitas and I get a better spread with less micromol drop from this combo

S

SHIRDABZALOT

20151109 223522
So that's a 10ft ceiling with my hand up 8ft. About 5-6 feet around. Im a big guy and you cant see me.This plant was 20.25 ounces. 15 gallons soil, teas weekly. 6 week veg on a clone that was 2 weeks old so 8 weeks total from root. I can get 4 of these per 1k; naturally they didn't all get 20 zips each but I promise you it was well above 3 a light....on single ended horti's about 95% organic. I shrug my shoulders at anyone that hates on the gorilla glue.....cuz it's a fuckin absolute BEAST!

N

Nog

You say you can get 4 of those sized plants under a 1 000 W, yet given the size of the plant a 1K wont cover the area taken up by 4 of those plants.

And given the plant is higher than you, there will be no light getting to the bottom buds.

Something is not right here.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

It's called multiple lights in a room and light overlap. Obviously you dont know about the gg4. only thing that isn't right is your ability to comprehend some people are fucking Killin it ......and you get 1 pound a light. I might be a lil weary and condescending if i was getting a pound a light too. To be completely honest I can bust 1 and a half with NO veg and just a bunch of clones under a light, sea of green style. My point is that: you can do it too, with the right strains and the right feed and the right environment. I can level with you though bro, even a couple years ago, I myself probably wouldn't of believed one could achieve such results......until someone showed me in person....and then showed me how to do it.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Also if you look at that picture close, notice how the plant is a lot more faded on the right half. That's because that's the half that was under the direct light half. The left half wasn't even under direct light. Just because it says that a 1k light only covers 5x5 doesn't mean that buds don't grow on the outside of the main coverage. The glue is one of those strains that doesn't need to be all under direct light to produce good. Genetics, environment and dialing that shit. Just to be completely up front that was my biggest yielder indoor so far. There's always one that does beast.....and I always have one in the room that is the dud of the round.

F

FooDoo

i hit 5# on 4-600 hps with only a 4 day veg.

this isnt the 90s. when you hear these numbers its no longer "pics or it didnt happen". what should be asked is "what am i doing wrong that when i see people hit these numbers i think its impossible."

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

IME co2 can add 25% or better, costs me ~$6 a lb (gas only, doesn't include CEA equipment amortization). Fertilizer and amendments cost me about the same. And no you can't see pics, obviously my time is worth more than the effort to go snap some (until/unless you've hired my services).

Doing 3+ per light is just a matter of getting everything right, no secrets really, it's all here on this forum. No use splitting hairs til you grow some first. Hobby results and professional are two different games. If you're not doing at least 2-2.5 per already, I'll take a limb and say this thread probably won't help much, and wasn't posted to argue your uneducated points. OP can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes this thread was created for all of us to share knowledge. I had those in mind that are constantly hitting 2/2.5 and looking to crest the 3 mark. I think this can more easily be achieved with multiple lights with overlap so single light hobby growers would have a tougher time achieving this in my opinion.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Pretty rare I'm not high lol. I do try not to smoke in my room tho carbon monoxide and all:smoking:
are you hotboxing you grow cab or what dude lol. My room has 8" fan out spinning constantly so I don't have to worry about carbon monoxide.:smoking:

A

Allin

I've hit 3 a light several times. It's strain dependent. I can hit the number with gg4, white romulan, and loctite. Mono cropping helps. As its been stated room has to be dialed. If I'm running 10 plants I take 40 clones and select the 10 best and trash the rest.....best part is I can do it under single ended horti hps, in 10 gallon pots of ffof and bio bizz nutes with teas weekly. 6-8 week veg. All topshelf. It takes years of practice and failures to get to that level though. I love how some newb watches someone killing it and thinks there gonna replicate it in a run or 2. Not happening.
I agree. I just got done doing my first run. 2kw hps in a 5x8 room. 48 seed plants in there. I ended up with 59 oz in 60-66 flower range. Ran into some mildew and mold probs toward the end. Nothing bad. I cut it before hurt anything. Would like to let it go another week. But could have been a lot better. Picked the best phenos and now going with clones. Round 2 under way now. Day 11. We will see

ShyGuy

ShyGuy

You say you can get 4 of those sized plants under a 1 000 W, yet given the size of the plant a 1K wont cover the area taken up by 4 of those plants.

And given the plant is higher than you, there will be no light getting to the bottom buds.

Something is not right here.
Bro I would be thinking the same thing but I've seen homies plants and even the bottom buds are grammers to dubs all day lol solid and frosty.... Idk how to explain the science that makes that happen but Shirdabz aint bullshitting you

F

FooDoo

To get high?

answers a question with a question and posts two random links with nothing cited from either of them.

strong case there my man! im sold! lets go light one up in the grow room! maybe when we're done we can defecate in the corner!

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

answers a question with a question and posts two random links with nothing cited from either of them.

strong case there my man! im sold! lets go light one up in the grow room! maybe when we're done we can defecate in the corner!
Getting a little extreme there bud?
I have personally lit a joint while listening to Stick Figure,
it transcends you into enlightenment :D
And if your already an all day smoker, makes the tasks so much more fun,
Like dreaded defoliate days, watering days, etc.

But this is all off topic

Latest posts

Top Bottom