3 Plants 6 Sq Ft Close To Flower - What Would You Do?

• Thread starter Gardenholic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
visajoe1

visajoe1

I like your thinking! I used cardboard to reinforce the doorway of this closet to make sure no light got in. I think I have a box from a computer chair we bought that might actually be perfect for a few weeks. I have the perfect corner for it! lol

He shoots. He scorrrrres! lol

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Sounds like its about to get to the fun part @Gardenholic! The days will fly by. My ladies are just beginning puberty, lol. Flipped them 5 days ago, I'll make a thread for them in a week or two when the action starts. Sunset Sherbet and Agent Orange. Keep up the good work bud, doing great!
You're right! It's amazing how much they grow in just 24 hours.
IMG 2854

I love how even they are all stretching with no help!!
IMG 2855
And you're right...this is only day 9 of flower and those main colas are filling in way down. Even the lowest branches have budlets on the ends.
IMG 2856
And the tops are developing so fast!

Blue Dream
IMG 2857
IMG 2858
IMG 2859

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Ok, I have the perfect box for vegging. I am going to pick up more soil and some sun film in the next day or two. I want to do a lot of training with these next 2 or 3, so I will probably stick with my selection of feminized seeds. I have:

1 Critical kush
1 BC bud Depot GSC
1 Blue Dream
1 HSO Sapphire OG (freebie)
1 ak47xwhite widow from Greenbud Seeds (early version also a freebie)

What would you guys pop for the next run? Should I try 3 again, or go with 2 and just veg a bit longer? With this being my second grow, should I do the exact same strains and try to improve?

I am nervous to try the freebies because I have heard that they are normally not as high of yielders, and might save them for my outdoor run in a couple months.

I really want to order more seeds, but I'm convincing myself not to until I plant the 5 I already have. lol

Planter01

Planter01

I love physically manipulating cannabis. Pinch, top, FIM, lst, super crop and just about anything else you can think of. One thing I haven't tried yet is seeing if I can espalier them like a fruit tree and I will give it a shot at some point. I doubt they can be coppiced but it sure would be cool to try. I don't know where but I recently read an article on actually pinching out a small piece right off the top of an actively growing bud. Well I'm giving it a shot as it's supposed to increase the yield but who knows.
One thing you can count on is that your girls are just going to love the COBS. Other than the sun I've never seen anything like it.
20170215 213958

20170210 214215

Make them do what you want. I have a budski that swears by root pruning. Haven't tried that yet either but I will.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

I love physically manipulating cannabis. Pinch, top, FIM, lst, super crop and just about anything else you can think of. One thing I haven't tried yet is seeing if I can espalier them like a fruit tree and I will give it a shot at some point. I doubt they can be coppiced but it sure would be cool to try. I don't know where but I recently read an article on actually pinching out a small piece right off the top of an actively growing bud. Well I'm giving it a shot as it's supposed to increase the yield but who knows.
One thing you can count on is that your girls are just going to love the COBS. Other than the sun I've never seen anything like it.
View attachment 672808
View attachment 672812
Make them do what you want. I have a budski that swears by root pruning. Haven't tried that yet either but I will.
Yep, it took a little longer to Veg, but it looks like the results will be well worth it. It looks like the lower branches are already developing buds under the COBs. Can't wait to see how far down they go!

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Argh, I left the door cracked last night, because it was a little warm and I didn't want temps to climb past 80 overnight. The lights went off at 10a.m, but the door was still slightly cracked until about 10:30. What's my best option here?

Leave it and let them come on at 10 p.m tonight, or push the timer back 30 minutes so they get a guaranteed full 12 hours of darkness?

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

View attachment 672808
View attachment 672812
How long before you flip the strawberry?

visajoe1

visajoe1

Argh, I left the door cracked last night, because it was a little warm and I didn't want temps to climb past 80 overnight. The lights went off at 10a.m, but the door was still slightly cracked until about 10:30. What's my best option here?

Leave it and let them come on at 10 p.m tonight, or push the timer back 30 minutes so they get a guaranteed full 12 hours of darkness?

Im assuming you're talking about a 30 minute light leak? if so, no biggie, business as usual

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Im assuming you're talking about a 30 minute light leak? if so, no biggie, business as usual
Phew cool. lol It kind of worked out because 10:30-10:30 will actually work better for my work schedule come April. They may have got an additional 30 min of very low light, but they also still received 12 hours of darkness.

What a difference in 24 hours.
Flowering Day 11
IMG 2885
IMG 2883

Critical Kush
IMG 2896
IMG 2904
IMG 2893

IMG 2895

Blue Dream
IMG 2886
IMG 2887
IMG 2906

Can't believe there are still 40-50+ days!

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Really enjoying your grow, can't wait to see finished product. I have two Blueberry's under a 400w COB LED unit and really impressed with their growth so far.
I was a little worried 300W over only 7 square ft would be too much, but I've been keeping the door cracked when the lights are on to lower temps even more , and I think this lets a little light out so it's not quite as intense.

How high above your plants do you keep your fixture? Do you use any optics?

Typhoon72

Typhoon72

I was a little worried 300W over only 7 square ft would be too much, but I've been keeping the door cracked when the lights are on to lower temps even more , and I think this lets a little light out so it's not quite as intense.

I keep it about 400mm (16 inches?) from the canopy it seems to be a good spread of light

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You look to got it about perfect! How much room do you have left to move your lights up?

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

You look to got it about perfect! How much room do you have left to move your lights up?
Thanks! I can't believe how easy this first run has been. However, most of the credit goes to THCF. I had 3 in there(I guess you can tell from the thread title) but one ended up being male. He was my first and took a lot of time to top and train. Very hard to Cull.

With the plants on the Rubbermaid tubs, I can go up a little over 2 more feet. The tubs themselves are another 1.5' tall, so going to something shallower is also an option. Only 11 days in, I still have another 2-3 weeks of stretch, probably more on the Blue Dream.

Can't wait to see how they develop! Thanks for checking in!

Planter01

Planter01

Business as usual as far as your light cycle goes my friend. Everything should be just fine.
The Strawberry Amnesia was flipped a week ago. I flipped everything at 5 weeks but with these 3590's I should have flipped much earlier. I just don't have enough room for 12 plants but I just don't have it in me to axe anything. I've grown a lot of Kush's of one sort or another but here comes a Critical Jack Auto a first for me.
20170221 222712

20170219 182005

I'm afraid I have more plants than light I'm gonna flip next time at three weeks instead of five. I will say even the plants pushed out from under the light are still doing just fine.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Business as usual as far as your light cycle goes my friend. Everything should be just fine.
The Strawberry Amnesia was flipped a week ago. I flipped everything at 5 weeks but with these 3590's I should have flipped much earlier. I just don't have enough room for 12 plants but I just don't have it in me to axe anything. I've grown a lot of Kush's of one sort or another but here comes a Critical Jack Auto a first for me.
View attachment 673195
View attachment 673196
I'm afraid I have more plants than light I'm gonna flip next time at three weeks instead of five. I will say even the plants pushed out from under the light are still doing just fine.
These two went for 48 days, but only spent about 10-12 under the COB before flipping. I have a lot of pictures from my COB build. I used 3000k 90cri 36v @1400. It has been the perfect amount of heat/light so far.
I thought about making a build thread, but wasn't sure where to post it. Plus I already made one at RIU, but now all be pictures are gone. I plan on maybe bumping up to a 2x5 space and having another go at 3.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Thanks! I can't believe how easy this first run has been. However, most of the credit goes to THCF. I had 3 in there(I guess you can tell from the thread title) but one ended up being male. He was my first and took a lot of time to top and train. Very hard to Cull.

With the plants on the Rubbermaid tubs, I can go up a little over 2 more feet. The tubs themselves are another 1.5' tall, so going to something shallower is also an option. Only 11 days in, I still have another 2-3 weeks of stretch, probably more on the Blue Dream.

Can't wait to see how they develop! Thanks for checking in!

You can also lower them into the tubs, just set them on a couple pieces of wood to keep them off the bottom. or get water trays. that will give you more room if needed.

Top Bottom