3 X 3 Tent + 250w Led + Hydro= 1/2 Pound... Optimistic?

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

If you need 1/4 pound every 3-4 months and you're not growing your own, it's costing you a couple vacations a year, or a car payment... every 4 months

The idea here is to show how easy it is to grow amazing meds. But to do so, you need quality tools

The cost of this set up including tent, light, timers, ~ 260 gph pump, air pump + air stones to keep the rez circulating, a pH meter and EC meter total cost ~ $1300, but at $10/g for high quality meds, the payoff could be $2250+, and at $15/gm >$3000! Plus, every grow thereafter is a savings of $2500 minimum every 4 months.

Pulling this off will require plants capable of 1/4 pound each. Based on prior experience with the strain I'll be using, I'm very optimistic

I have 3-4 plants that are just about ready to flip, from which to choose

The LED is going to be an Amare Technologies SE 250 ($745), his newest non-professional CoB hybrid panel, it has 4 Cree CBX 3070s, each surrounded by Cree monos. He's very high on it (NPI). If you're in a 2 x 4 tent/space he now offers the P300 which is a 3 ft tube- same price

Harvest pics are from last grow under the older version SE 220, using HR V + B + +Size during bloom. For this grow I will be using a new nute line to me: Emerald Harvest Cali Bloom 2 part

I will use my proven DIY Mini-Me F & D hydro

Just waiting on the light to show up in ~ 5 days

Feel free to ask questions

3 x 3 tent  250w led  hydro 12 pound optimistic
3 x 3 tent  250w led  hydro 12 pound optimistic 2
3 x 3 tent  250w led  hydro 12 pound optimistic 3
3 x 3 tent  250w led  hydro 12 pound optimistic 4
north knect

north knect

Do u have them in rockwool slabs? im a little intriged about your lil f/d setup

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Do u have them in rockwool slabs? im a little intriged about your lil f/d setup

I stopped using RW a long time ago. Most people do not realize it is not biodegradable. On a small personal use level, not a big thing, but commercially- ouch. Plus, it holds moisture too long IMO, tends to get algae on top, requiring covers

I use fairly conventional starter cubes placed in clear plastic egg cartons until I see roots, then I transfer to 3" net pots and side fill with small ornamental stone from Dollar Store. It's clean, easily removed after harvest, and reusable forever.

These used to go into the tote with lid. Now I use the Bubble Bath which develops much better lateral root system. The chosen ones then drop into my Mini Me F & D. Pic is sans lid, but lid is cut to fit one 3" net pot to simplify the transfer

WH x WW Seedlings
IMG 3345
IMG 3339
IMG 3038
IMG 3209
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

lol looking forward n seeing this LEDs are a popular choice for upgrading grow lights from CFLs, though it’s important to realize that good LED grow lights are still very expensive, and also that 400W of LED is not going to give you more yields than 400W of HPS, no matter what the manufacturer claims about equivalency. Unfortunately when it comes to growing cannabis, multiple tests by growers demonstrate that LEDs don’t live up to the hype of somehow magically increasing yields with far less power. Most tests indicate that yields/watt are actually higher with an HPS light in the flowering stage than LEDs.
But the sad truth is people always get hooked into the debate like fish get caught on a hook
to bad you are not doing side by side of 250 watt HPS and these lights

Hey KT, As with anything, we cannot clump LED grow panels as being the same, or similar. What's the old saying If you're not getting the right answer, you're probably asking the wrong question

Search YT> GreenGenesGarden. About 1.5 years ago, he compared a 1000 hps system (all new, and top shelf) to a 600w Apache Tech LED, and had the harvest analyzed by an independent lab. LEDs, like I am using, have gotten considerably better since then!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Emerald Harvest Update

I have been scouring the internet for people using it. I did find that a couple of the principals are from Canna and AN.

One grower noted pH drifts pretty fast. I never would have thought that would be the case with a modern nutrient, but it damn sure does!

That aside, I am seeing quite a bit of bud density improvement on the ~ 34 day in flower sat in bubble bucket. Also, since it only has about 1.5g, it drifted quite a lot- 7+

Wisher619

Wisher619

Add fulvix or humix into the equation it works as a buffer and ph drift will disappear

i would love to have a 400 watt LED light so i could destroy it with 400 watts of T5 's to prove the 99 percent of led is all talk no action all it really is , Is disappointment after disappointment
You keep putting Greengenes CHIP ON BOARD into the equation when its not even the same COB and SMD huge difference its like Comparing CFL to HID
But anyways if you like i can post Realstyles Cob grow and his thumb size nugs not even the size of the tip of my Dik lol View attachment 603255 View attachment 603256 View attachment 603257
is that your harvest with what now...an HPS....the finished product looks like hot trash

here you go

stop tryin to drag people names in the dirt with your garbage......If you have nothing to contribute.....stay the hell away....lurkin on the LED forums ranting about nonsense like you are the HPS saviour

Wisher619

Wisher619

there is no need to belittle Realstyles grows.....
and what is this about COB vs......what....LED is LED....
there are plenty of people that have done comparable grows LED vs hps......
LED always comes out on top....even using the Spectrum King 400+
Geene did a side by side with an Apache....which is SMD
then he has done vs his COB's
Growmau5 also has done side by side
with cob as well as a BML
led still came out on top

You should watch the harvest videos....then figure out if HPS kills LED

Wisher619

Wisher619

yeah I figured out the purpling

and yeah I am super new to indoor
even newer to growing
I only started back in the 90's so yeah alot of guys got me beat
and yeah I did build a CFL fixture for about oh....$40.00 to see what it could do....which wasnt very much
so I finished my little personal cab and threw my HPS up there.....
I now have LED's up in there
its my personal cab
......yes new to Hydro....about 2 years now growing in it.....before that....organic TLO
no till since.....ummm 93-94
indoor we always ran 600's much better then 1k's in EFFICIENCY......
I however dont associate myself with my previous life.....completely disconnected from past associates and whatnot....dosnt mean I am new to anything......and as for the weird growth.....never seen golden leaves before.....or was that what you were even talking about.....as the purple is just the genetics.....Blue Dream x Platinum GSC
in any case swinging dicks dosnt really please me...neither do pissing contests
just wondering why you feel the need to consistently post in the LED section .....bashing LED.......kinda strikes me as odd as all

Wisher619

Wisher619

@KillingTime
how many g per sqft do you pull....because that is really what matters......
then you add up all the watts for hvac and lights and whatnot......then fraction that to gpw....and what do you come up with....just curious....and not trying to cause a stir or anything like that

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

First, this is my thread, so I have every right to post in it. IT IS YOU WHO ARE OUT OF PLACE. I reported all your threads. Hopefully the mods will remove them

I haven't bashed you yet, but I am about to FOR YOUR OBVIOUS LACK OF READING COMPREHENSION.

Hello: THE TITLE OF MY THREAD, which seems to elude you, is about growing in a 3 x 3 tent, as many home/apartment closet growers use for personal stash, and are looking for STEALTH- height and heat are issues.

I am very familiar with Reals/ DIY. Personally not crazy about it, primarily due to using unnecessarily large ($$$) heat sink, plus, it doesn't have any supplemental blues/reds to bump chloro A/B.

Not everyone wants to grow trees

So, please take your bigger and better than though negative attitude elsewhere

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

@PhatNuggz
I apologize I just had it with that guy lurkin on every LED thred and talkin shit....RIDICULOUS!!!!!
So I apologize for straying from your topic
I would however like to see what the Amare light can do

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Hopefully a lot more than that my friend. The title is a tease

No word yet, but shipping of the SE 250 is eminent.

In the mean time the sat in my SE 220 tent is bulking up, hell Hulking up, thanks to switching to Emerald Harvest Cali Bloom 2 part, as are the 2 plants under the 3 x 3.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

SE 250 shipped yesterday morning, cross country. I should have it by next Friday

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

According to UPS it should be here tomorrow, but there's a nasty tropical storm in the SE, which might delay it a few days

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Da Beast is in da house.

WOW I can't believe how much brighter the SE 250 is than the D200 it replaced.

And timing is excellent to bring these girls home.

Good thing the sat is tall and thin because the indica/sat (her leafs are very sat, but she has blueberry indica pheno squat) has overtaken most of the3 x 3

Note how much greener the sat is when outside the light. I took her out to get at the D200, which weighs some 34 pounds

IMG 3410
IMG 3406
IMG 3407
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Update: Plants are doing well under the Amare SE 250, even though when I changed nutes last I neglected to turn the o/o valve back on, At least it was overnight. When I checked on them in the morning, they were somewhat wilted. The fatty on the right did give up ~ 20 lower primary leafs, so, no real harm done

IMG 3413
IMG 3415
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

This morning I cut another 45 minutes off the light schedule.

I trimmed a bunch of burned primary leafs, caused by the combination of the high intensity of the SE 250, especially with lenses on, and only having ~ 16" total height above the canopy= ~ 12" above the canopy. I need taller tents

The sat (on the left) was much less prone to the crisping than the fat hybrid

IMG 3423
IMG 3424
IMG 3425
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I've been behind in flushing due to my old RO dieing and having to go to wallyworld every other day to get 7g of pure water

New RO in place: iSpring 75g/day membrane has made life so much easier. Alas, they sent it with the alkaline cartridge- good for drinking, but raises pH > 9, so I do need a bit of pH down after nutes are mixed

Yesterday I flushed the rez in the 3 x 3 tent. Fresh nutes this morning.

IMG 3439
IMG 3442
IMG 3443
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Wow, can't believe I haven't updated, but it's been a crazy week. First my RO died, then my pH pen died. I notice d this after adding way too much pH Down compared to typical. Panic mode. Dumped all three rezes, replacing with RO water that has a 9+ pH, then finding and ordering the new Testr, for which I needed help calibrating.

On top of this I harvested 2 plants from the SE 220, one I moved to it after harvesting the first plant.. I was hoping to get a bump from the SE 220, but she was 99% done from the T5, so was only under the SE 220 for 4 days of flush

Back to the SE 250, both plants are considerably fatter in just one week. Some due to the light, and some is the Emerald Harvest nutes, and some due to accurate pH/TDS control

IMG 3461
IMG 3462
IMG 3464
Top Bottom