33 day old autoflower problems

• Thread starter bulletxs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Ok. Maybe i can answer with less typos next time. :-)
I got an oil cartridge yesterday from the dispensary. I have been getting oils elsewhere but the flavors/terps are re-introduced and it can make some strains taste really funky... the one yesterday is a straight old school style oil, at least by the taste of things. It was also considerably more potent... I took about 6 quick hits before diaylysis this morning. Maybe next time I won't do quite as many. They kept looking at me and my blood pressure was low... they kept asking if I was Ok. I had difficulty in filling out a simple form. At 9am I was ready to order a pizza!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I got an oil cartridge yesterday from the dispensary. I have been getting oils elsewhere but the flavors/terps are re-introduced and it can make some strains taste really funky... the one yesterday is a straight old school style oil, at least by the taste of things. It was also considerably more potent... I took about 6 quick hits before diaylysis this morning. Maybe next time I won't do quite as many. They kept looking at me and my blood pressure was low... they kept asking if I was Ok. I had difficulty in filling out a simple form. At 9am I was ready to order a pizza!

Lol. I could see you eating pizza all stoned during treatment.

bulletxs

bulletxs

Just tested my waters ppm. I’m on well water right out of the sink the ppm reading was 330. After filling my watering bucket and adding a little cal mag the ppm reading is now 725. I have yet to water any of the plants as I wanted to report back here first to see what what ppm is acceptable and what I should do next. Any thoughts? Thanks

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Just tested my waters ppm. I’m on well water right out of the sink the ppm reading was 330. After filling my watering bucket and adding a little cal mag the ppm reading is now 725. I have yet to water any of the plants as I wanted to report back here first to see what what ppm is acceptable and what I should do next. Any thoughts? Thanks
There is NO need to use cal-Mag with PPM reading that high. It is borderline too high, but you won't be needing many minerals, which are in adequate supply in your tap water. If you can drink the water, it is usually fine for plants. The RO and distilled water are more for removing chemicals, like chlorine compounds and whatever else they add to it. As long as you can drink it and it is clear (NOT yellow!), you should be good to go. Some well water has a lot of Iron in it. I know plants love iron, but sometimes it is too much. Same with water contaminated by old mines and sulfur leaches in, making the Iron oxidize and stain everything orange, and stink. Water softeners exchange salt for the minerals, so the water is slightly salty.... something to consider if you ever get a softener.

bulletxs

bulletxs

There is NO need to use cal-Mag with PPM reading that high. It is borderline too high, but you won't be needing many minerals, which are in adequate supply in your tap water. If you can drink the water, it is usually fine for plants. The RO and distilled water are more for removing chemicals, like chlorine compounds and whatever else they add to it. As long as you can drink it and it is clear (NOT yellow!), you should be good to go. Some well water has a lot of Iron in it. I know plants love iron, but sometimes it is too much. Same with water contaminated by old mines and sulfur leaches in, making the Iron oxidize and stain everything orange, and stink. Water softeners exchange salt for the minerals, so the water is slightly salty.... something to consider if you ever get a softener.
I do have a water softener already in the house. Since I havent watered them yet do you think I should dump the watering bucket I have already filled up that reads 725 ppm and fill it back with only the sink water that reads 330?

bulletxs

bulletxs

Originally this post was about two plants only that are drooping but now its all 6. Its been 5 days since the majority of them have had any watering, the pots arent super light yet like they get when completely dry but theyre getting there. How does one raise or lower ppm and what ppm should I be watering them at now that there a few days over one month old.

bulletxs

bulletxs

Here are some updated pictures. Still havent been watered in 5 days. The first two pics lights out in dark, the next 6 are lights out with camera flash on and final two with the grow tent lights on.

IMG 4130
IMG 4131
IMG 4132
IMG 4133
IMG 4134
IMG 4135
IMG 4136
IMG 4137
IMG 4138
IMG 4139
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It will take them a bit to recover if the roots were soaked, but I would probably toss the bucket of stuff that you have mixed up already. I don't measure in PPMs or use much in the way of anything other than a general fertilizer and Promix, but levels that high are more in line with feeding/fertilizing plants with all nutrients included (which is partially what PPMs measure). I would just give a good watering if the pots are almost dry, and try to get some runoff to flush any toxic levels of stuff out. It seems you are fighting a war on two fronts, but hopefully with things getting regulated, water wise and getting the PPM/EC riddle solved, you will do great. Cal-Mag can also raise the Ph, which causes lockout issues if it strays much above 7 or 7.1 Your water probably supplies you with as much as you will need.

bulletxs

bulletxs

It will take them a bit to recover if the roots were soaked, but I would probably toss the bucket of stuff that you have mixed up already. I don't measure in PPMs or use much in the way of anything other than a general fertilizer and Promix, but levels that high are more in line with feeding/fertilizing plants with all nutrients included (which is partially what PPMs measure). I would just give a good watering if the pots are almost dry, and try to get some runoff to flush any toxic levels of stuff out. It seems you are fighting a war on two fronts, but hopefully with things getting regulated, water wise and getting the PPM/EC riddle solved, you will do great. Cal-Mag can also raise the Ph, which causes lockout issues if it strays much above 7 or 7.1 Your water probably supplies you with as much as you will need.
Thnaks for the replies, all help is much appreciated being a first time grower. My waters ph out of the sink is always around mid 7s so I always use ph down to get it to about 6.5. Ill dump the mix I have now and use straight phd water and get a good run off when I water tonight when the lights come back on. Ive never tested the run offs ph nor ppm so ill report back with those numbers later. Again, thank you

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Mine is 400 , don’t have the report yet but appears I bought a gallon for nuttin ! Lmao

Moshmen

Moshmen

Right on please report the run off ppm and ph and the are cal mag finicky can easily be overdone
Rinse and report ph and ppm then you can feed

bulletxs

bulletxs

I phd the water before watering to 6.5 and the ppm was around 400. The first plants run off was 7.5 ph with a ppm of 1200. I kept watering until the ph got to 6.8 and the ppm got down to 600. I repeated the process for all the plants, the ppm run offs varied from each plant from 700-1200. PH of each plants initial run off was consistent mid 7s. Got all the phs down below 7 for all 6. Hopefully ill see some improvement within the next few days.

Moshmen

Moshmen

With the high ph your plant is unable to use the nutrients in the medium sounds like your on the right track now ! We love pictures of the improvement!
I just starting using tap water, at 407 ppm. Most of my autos at 30 days are getting between 800-1100 ppm depending on the plant That’s using pure blend grow. Hardly ever add cal mag. I’m not familiar with your nutes concentration
Were you able to get them off the ground?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I phd the water before watering to 6.5 and the ppm was around 400. The first plants run off was 7.5 ph with a ppm of 1200. I kept watering until the ph got to 6.8 and the ppm got down to 600. I repeated the process for all the plants, the ppm run offs varied from each plant from 700-1200. PH of each plants initial run off was consistent mid 7s. Got all the phs down below 7 for all 6. Hopefully ill see some improvement within the next few days.
It sounds ;ike you are on the path to recovery, just make sure that the roots, especially at the bottom, get a chance to breathe and don't get waterlogged. One thing to be ready for is that you are fixing the current problem, but unless there are time release nutrients in the mediums, you will also be flushing out some needed nutes. Once you get your PPM stable, you will want to feed lightly and balanced to keep your plant going strong once it starts to recover. I would recommend adding micronutrients as well after a heavy flushing... wood ashes mixed in water will provide them as well as some majors... about a tablespoon in a gallon of water will help without messing with your Ph. Eliminates the need for Cal-Mag as well.

bulletxs

bulletxs

With the high ph your plant is unable to use the nutrients in the medium sounds like your on the right track now ! We love pictures of the improvement!
I just starting using tap water, at 407 ppm. Most of my autos at 30 days are getting between 800-1100 ppm depending on the plant That’s using pure blend grow. Hardly ever add cal mag. I’m not familiar with your nutes concentration
Were you able to get them off the ground?
Yeah I have them about 6 inches or more off the ground now sitting on some wire drawer things that can be seen in my pic a few posts up. That should help a lot because before they were on the basement floor. I still think my temps might also be a contributing factor to the problems. With lights out it drops to around 66 and stays around 71-72F with lights on. I have two golden rod gun safe dehumidifiers which is simply just two heating rods but they dont give off enough heat to change temps much at all. What is generally a safe way to raise temps? I have a small space heater but Im not sure I trust leaving that on when Im not around to monitor it so I havent used that yet.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m not really sure how or if they need to but I live in a state where heat is not an issue. Lol 88 degrees today

bulletxs

bulletxs

I’m not really sure how or if they need to but I live in a state where heat is not an issue. Lol 88 degrees today
dang yeah during the summer ill be fine but its 30 degrees here today plus my grow setup is in an unfinished basement which makes it harder to get temps up

Rooke

Rooke

dang yeah during the summer ill be fine but its 30 degrees here today plus my grow setup is in an unfinished basement which makes it harder to get temps up
I use an oil filled radiant heater in my basement grow room they work great

Rooke

Rooke

I use an oil filled radiant heater in my basement grow room they work great
I think your root zone temperature maybe to cold ? They like to be 74 ish degrees and the water you say is coming from a well what’s that temperature at I like it very close to the root zone temp so you don’t shock them when you feed.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think your root zone temperature maybe to cold ? They like to be 74 ish degrees and the water you say is coming from a well what’s that temperature at I like it very close to the root zone temp so you don’t shock them when you feed.
Root zone temps are pretty important. When temps get lower, like on a concrete floor with a wet bottom of a bucket helping to pull the heat out, the roots don't grow or function as well. In extreme cases it can change the way they react to feeding. Warmer roots promotes faster growth, to a degree. Once you get above a certain temp, you start losing the benefits.
Cold roots can look like an overwatered plant, and it can stunt them as well, so keep them warm! Good advice, @Rooke

Top Bottom