33 day old autoflower problems

• Thread starter bulletxs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rooke

Rooke

Root zone temps are pretty important. When temps get lower, like on a concrete floor with a wet bottom of a bucket helping to pull the heat out, the roots don't grow or function as well. In extreme cases it can change the way they react to feeding. Warmer roots promotes faster growth, to a degree. Once you get above a certain temp, you start losing the benefits.
Cold roots can look like an overwatered plant, and it can stunt them as well, so keep them warm! Good advice, @Rooke
His gals kinda look like they’ve been cold brrrr

Rooke

Rooke

Definitely after hearing his environment root zone cold for sure but headed in the right direction.
This is the heater I use in a 5x5 ft room it works great on the lowest heat setting I prefer the one with digital control hope this helps!

6F12DC31 0184 43B9 A9EB 7DDDDDE7B6BB
47289361 6F57 4FE9 9B67 991D164FE2C4
bulletxs

bulletxs

Ill definitely be looking into an oil filled heater vs my space heater so I be more cost and energy efficient. Temps were definitely part of the problem, I remember always feeling the bottoms of the pots even days after watering and the pots always felt very cold to the touch. Yesterday I did add my little space heater and got the temps up to 75 with lights on and off which the plants already like. I'll post more pics later tonight when I'm back around the plants but I can already see some new growth on one and some of the others leaves are starting to raise and straighten out.

Rooke

Rooke

Ill definitely be looking into an oil filled heater vs my space heater so I be more cost and energy efficient. Temps were definitely part of the problem, I remember always feeling the bottoms of the pots even days after watering and the pots always felt very cold to the touch. Yesterday I did add my little space heater and got the temps up to 75 with lights on and off which the plants already like. I'll post more pics later tonight when I'm back around the plants but I can already see some new growth on one and some of the others leaves are starting to raise and straighten out.
SWEET! Good on you buddy I’m hoping your gals start perking up for you! I’m along for the ride.

dusty68

dusty68

If I have a chiller, what is the best temp to set water temp at for an indica indoor grow?

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Here are some updated pictures. Still havent been watered in 5 days. The first two pics lights out in dark, the next 6 are lights out with camera flash on and final two with the grow tent lights on.
Where did you obtain the white wire trays they are sitting on?? 🙂

DenzlFregren

DenzlFregren

Most likely over feeding. Most autos are light feeders so within the first month they dont require much feeding at all. 6 plants of 6 different strains means a few may need special mixes because what may work for one may not be optimal for another. Would stick with the same schedual with the healthy ones and try reducing the feeding in the ones looking problematic. Best of luck. I believe you can turn this around.

Rooke

Rooke

If I have a chiller, what is the best temp to set water temp at for an indica indoor grow?
Hey there I’m a soil grower but if you post looking for help I’m sure someone will help you out

bulletxs

bulletxs

Where did you obtain the white wire trays they are sitting on?? 🙂
Tbh I cant be any help here. They are actually drawers of some sort that I had books stored in that have been in the basement for years. Just cleaned them out and flipped em upside down for the grow.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Hey all, first grow here so any help is appreciated. I've got 6 autoflowers going right now, all different strains. Out of the 6, three look like they're having the same issues. Droopy leaves curling downward. The other 3 look pretty perky and healthy from what I can tell. They've all been on the same watering schedule thus far, only watering when the pots feel dry by weight. I'm at day 33, so far I've watered 8 times within those 33 days. The first 3 or so weeks was just phd water with no nutes. On the 6th watering I gave them their first nutes, Cal mag and GH flora 3 part series. 1ml cal mag, micro, grow, and 0.5ml bloom per gallon of water. About two days after this nute watering I started to tell two were drooping, while the other 3 looked perky. Two waterings later of just plain ph'd tap water with really no noticeable improvement.

My setup is a 4x4 tent with 3 LED lights, two are HLG 100's and the other is a vivosun blurple 600W (230W actual) all at 20ish inches from the plants. My temps are on the lower side I believe at 69-70F when lights are OFF and 74F when the lights are ON. 20/4 is the light cycle. MyRH stays between 50-60%

These pictures are all of the same plant. but the others look pretty much identical to this one so I didn't bother getting close ups of the other two.

What species of is the plant in the photos shown above? I have just harvested a plant that looks similar. I like it because it only grew 12 inches in 13 weeks.

Thanks for your help! 🍻 🥂

20200211 164649
bulletxs

bulletxs

What species of is the plant in the photos shown above? I have just harvested a plant that looks similar. I like it because it only grew 12 inches in 13 weeks.

Thanks for your help! 🍻 🥂
The one originally pictured is Blueberry Cookies auto from Garden of Green. Post number 47 on this thread in the rear of the picture is a White Widow x Big Bud auto from Female Seeds. Even after all my screw ups during my first time on this adventure the WW x BB has stayed healthy the entire time while my other 5 showed problems from my mistakes. Will definitely be popping a few more of those next grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom