357 magnum led / purple kush

• Thread starter ledgrowshow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ledgrowshow

25 days into flower... things are starting to look and smell really yummy :)

IMG 2130
IMG 2131

IMG 2132
IMG 2134

IMG 2135
IMG 2137

IMG 2138
IMG 2139

L

ledgrowshow

4 weeks into flower... 9 week strain... I'm guessing that it will go 10 weeks under led, so almost 1/2 way there! Room smells unreal, plants are already starting to fall over, very dense cyrstal packed buds :)

IMG 0096
IMG 0077

IMG 0079
IMG 0080

IMG 0082
IMG 0084

IMG 0087
IMG 0089

IMG 0090
IMG 0093

IMG 0094
IMG 0095

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

wow.. beautiful looking:)
Looks like LEDS have came along ways, I used one quite a few years back and didn't like it much.. but seeing grows like this one or tobors makes me wonder how much improvment the newer units are compared to the old ones.. Have you been using LEDs for a long time?
great pictures mang!

S

ship0nip

Hey there in regards to you stretching issue. i also have similar leds from another manufacturer (blackstar 500s) 250w draw power. On alotta of these led pannels the capacitors are not properly grounded so the leds will stay dimmly lit for many hours after the timmer shuts off. Two of my four pannels do this. For some reason if i walk up and tap the pannels on the side they dim down significantly. But even then some stay dimmly lit. I called the manufacturer (Gotham hydroponics) and they argued with me saying that it would not affect the plants or the life of the pannels. But they do. Just thought this could also be your issue as to why some are stretching & some are not.

S

ship0nip

i think that most of these leds are made by the same few factories in china, the main difference between magnums, spectrums, and blackstars is the the led wattage, configuration of bulbs, and lens angles. In general i would say this from what i have experianced.
1:) a 1 watt chip at 90 deg angle gives you 3 ft penetration
2:) a 2 watt chip at 120 deg angle gives you 3 ft penetration
3:) a 3 watt chip at 180 deg angle gives you 3 ft penetration

I would be curious as to what a 3 watt chip at 90 deg angle would do. Also i noticed that 2 and 3 watt chips give off quite a bit more heat than 1 watt chips. I think there is a manufacturer offering 1 watts at 60 deg angle but not sure.

not trying to hijack your thread but if anyone is interested in my blackstar 500/hps grow

I dont think there is a single blackstar diary on this site, as to my research they are the cheapest for your buck & if you call them you can talk them down. I only payed $520 for my blackstar 500 (250w draw) including shipping.

L

ledgrowshow

Hey there in regards to you stretching issue. i also have similar leds from another manufacturer (blackstar 500s) 250w draw power. On alotta of these led pannels the capacitors are not properly grounded so the leds will stay dimmly lit for many hours after the timmer shuts off. Two of my four pannels do this. For some reason if i walk up and tap the pannels on the side they dim down significantly. But even then some stay dimmly lit. I called the manufacturer (Gotham hydroponics) and they argued with me saying that it would not affect the plants or the life of the pannels. But they do. Just thought this could also be your issue as to why some are stretching & some are not.

There are no issues with the 357 magnums that I am running... The taller plants as it turns out are a different strain that got mixed in, so I actually have some pink kush now as well as the shorter purple kush plants.

L

ledgrowshow

Been a little busy lately, will post current pics tonight... these pics are from Day 30 of flower but they are actually in Day 32 today.

IMG 0097
IMG 0101

IMG 0103
IMG 0104

IMG 0105
IMG 0107

IMG 0111
IMG 0112

IMG 0114
IMG 0120

L

ledgrowshow

i think that most of these leds are made by the same few factories in china, the main difference between magnums, spectrums, and blackstars is the the led wattage, configuration of bulbs, and lens angles. In general i would say this from what i have experianced.
1:) a 1 watt chip at 90 deg angle gives you 3 ft penetration
2:) a 2 watt chip at 120 deg angle gives you 3 ft penetration
3:) a 3 watt chip at 180 deg angle gives you 3 ft penetration

I would be curious as to what a 3 watt chip at 90 deg angle would do. Also i noticed that 2 and 3 watt chips give off quite a bit more heat than 1 watt chips. I think there is a manufacturer offering 1 watts at 60 deg angle but not sure.

not trying to hijack your thread but if anyone is interested in my blackstar 500/hps grow

I dont think there is a single blackstar diary on this site, as to my research they are the cheapest for your buck & if you call them you can talk them down. I only payed $520 for my blackstar 500 (250w draw) including shipping.

The magnum has 3w 60 degree and 3w 90 degree lenses.

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

i got two penatrators! i loved the first grow i did. but it was right on top of the plants. grew 6 or 7 oz from a 2x2

altimood

altimood

What an awesome space age looking room. Crazy. Never new LED's were so cool.

S

ship0nip

Wow! thanks for the feedback, those are real impressive for half the wattage of my pannels. it seems the lens angle has alot to do with the over all output of the light. Have you experianced the extended ripening time phenomenon with these? I added in an hps light back in the mix with mine. Even though these pannels include some full spectrum leds I just think its not enough. It seems that it somehow affects how the plants count time so a plant will come to finish then stall for 7+ days on the ripen. I have found that plants will sort of ripen on the vine if you pull them during this stall time & allow them to hang as an entire plant. I think there is a spray that will force a ripen but how it affects quality i do not know.

L

ledgrowshow

Day 33 of flower... Plants are falling over already, changed the res... The buds are super dense and sticky and smell unreal! Almost 1/2 way to the finish line :)

IMG 0121
IMG 0123

IMG 0127
IMG 0128

IMG 0130
IMG 0133

IMG 0136

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

damn dde i have not seen leds perform in such magnitude like your

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

round of applause!, what is your water consumption rate? nutes? temp in room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom