3k flip flop, chiller cooled

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Anyone know what this might be. looks like some sort of def. Going to flush them and feed on the next water

IMAG0282 458124906
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

well time fer an updat..

spinosad is the shit. haven't seen a mite since I sprayed in one room. the other room I saw dome mites yesterday, about time for a follow up spray its been a week. but definitely no more eggs layed anywhere. Lmao can't believe I just figured this out.

plants are beasting with no mites. going to flip some blueberry in a day or so.. dj shorts the cut.

the flip room is doing good waiting for cuts to root then I'm flipping some platinum bubba and a cherry pie and blue dream.

og came up short like not even a qp. lesson learned tho. there's still some widow, chocolate chunk, and platinum bubba coming down looks pretty good. it the last of my pm plants thankfully. haven't seen any in over a month now pretty sure I'm good but gonna do a bleach clean to be sure. been wiping down pots I reuse etc.

well pics time I guess....

IMAG0293405130784
ttystikk

ttystikk

Does anyone else think the idea of running a water to water heat exchange coil in my hot tub this winter sounds like a good way to shed excess heat? To save power, I won't run its heater at all. To keep it from freezing in deep winter, I can place the coil in there, and as long as the water in the tub remains below 60 F, it would provide free heating- and therefore freeze protection- for the hot tub. If it warms to the point where it doesn't help cool but air temperatures would, I could run the jet pump of my hot tub, blasting freezing cold air into the water. I know this heat loss is substantial since the hot tub's 4800W heater barely keeps up when it's running with us people in it!

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

my next lights worth of stuff, platinum bubba probably gonna throw in some blue dream to max it out before I turn on another onw

IMAG0316181769985
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

tyy was thinking a pool would be nice for that even a above ground one would probably do wonders.

ttystikk

ttystikk

tyy was thinking a pool would be nice for that even a above ground one would probably do wonders.

Indeed, and my thinking has already evolved from the above idea. I can envision three different temperature for outdoor water; 55-60F for cold water fish, aquaponics and heat shedding in the winter, 80-83F for warm water fish, aquaponics, AND three season heat shedding- more with some simple add-ons, and finally the hot tub at 106.

I'm working with several companies to develop 'water cooled chilling' technology to pull heat from water to use to cool spaces, dehumidify and chill water- and deliver that heat to another water circuit for use in the above 'warm' outside applications (no heater for the cold water tank! It will be plumbed to the cold side- and will pull heat from that directly to remain warm in winter, thus reducing chiller load) and thus draw useful work from both sides of the compressor in the chiller.

This has the potential to replace the traditional heating plant in residences and heat producing industrial applications of nearly all sizes.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

this winter I will be putting the reservoir outside to take advantage of the temps should be down under 60 for a solid 4-5 months

ttystikk

ttystikk

this winter I will be putting the reservoir outside to take advantage of the temps should be down under 60 for a solid 4-5 months

I'll be doing the same, only that reservoir will have fish in it. That water will circulate through a settling tank, where I'll have a water to water heat exchanger pulling heat out of the chiller circuit and warming up the water a bit before it gets to my plants. This water, loaded now with nutrients from composted fish waste and earthworm castings, runs through my RDWC and is then pumped back out to the fish tank/heat sink. Free cooling, organic nutrition for my plants- and free fish!

ttystikk

ttystikk

wow sounds real nice. what kind of fish tho?

Depends on the temperature you want to keep your tank. This winter I'm planning a cold water scenario where the tank water averages 55 or so. This will require cold water fish, and more of them to maintain a given nutrient level in the water relative to a warm water setup.

This cool temp will enable me to use it to directly cool my chilled water circuit as it comes in from outside, to help keep the biofilter and the plant's roots warm. Warm is relative, I'm planning to run it at 60- 65F.

So far, I know that carp, goldfish, trout, possibly pacu, perch, bluegill and plenty of other cold water fish are possibilities.

In the future, once I've upgraded my hvac plant to handle a hot water circuit, I will build a big warm water tank for tilapia and bass. This one would run at 82F.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

WOW. you are on it good shit man props to you. making it a reality is awesome! my buddy caught a fish and raised it to be bigger, but I never thought this deep about it would be nice to grow some fresh fish some how lol

B

Bangarang

So i have been reading up on chiller units and have a couple of questions. I own a 1/2hp chiller and wanted to chill the air before my lights. I am still unclear on how all this works. I always thought that the chiller coils go right before the light air intake? Can you please simplify this for me. I would like to take care of this project this week.

B

Bangarang

I run magnum 8" with in take from outside and exhaust through roof.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I think you maybe a bit confused in how these things work. why would you cool your vented hood?

B

Bangarang

I get how things work but a friend and i had talked about chilling the air that goes through the lights on these hot days in summer.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

better off cooling the room efficiency wise I would think? air going thru the hoods should be enough unless we are talking more than 100 deg. outside temps. in that case I would try to find a different place for inlet rather than use AC to cool it. imo.

ttystikk

ttystikk

WOW. you are on it good shit man props to you. making it a reality is awesome! my buddy caught a fish and raised it to be bigger, but I never thought this deep about it would be nice to grow some fresh fish some how lol

The fish poop fertilizer cycle is really just icing on the cake. The real payoff is using the tank to cool my whole op all winter and possibly three seasons, to exclude only high summer! When I tell people I'll have fish swimming around in my air conditioning system, this is what I'm talking about, lol! Oh yeah, and fresh fish too, that hasn't been swimming in a polluted cage or contaminated ocean...

Top Bottom