• Tagged users None
BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

GL700 1
GL700 2

RIPP

RIPP

Ok so to answer your Q
I'll choose the 3W because is much more compact.

300W (3W x 100) for 300 Euros:)
box_1-jpg.280593

10x

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Are you talking about the unit being more compact? Or the LED itself?

RIPP

RIPP

Yes I speak about the unit as a whole looks at least 3 times thinner than yours.

But the 80W looks cool, including your logo
.:)

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Yeah because my unit has the best reflector on the market. Yours does not have one. My unit would be close to the size of yours if it were missing essential pieces, ie a reflector to take in all unused light. No reason to waste light. Why have so many LEDs if you are just going to let most of that light go to waste?

I give you mad props for builing your own light. It is not an easy thing to do. Can your light be used as a replacement to HPS? Can your light be used through a whole grow cycle, seed to flower and finish? When you say 3w, you actually mean 1.6w, right?

tags420

tags420

Not sure, didn't design the light. I would imigine that it is just a reading, but cannot say for sure. You say it doesn't seem any different from the simplest of companies. Can you explain this? I can not find a company, even the top LED companies that can get as close as the GL700.
Im talking about your spectrum...you said it was a secret but looks simple/no secret. Just a few color peaks...2blue, 2red...your ratios maybe uniqueish but the concept is widley use by both cheap and some pricey leds. Companies are finding that a couple other colors are still necessary to fuel the compete process of growing(but obviously red and blue are the primary.)

Edit: What do you mean by "close to you gl" ??? In what way... output power, watts used, output/watt, spectrum quality, price...cause I can think of a few that do better in almost every category?

tags420

tags420

Using certain angled lenses is why lots of led don't need a reflector. But if using standard 120* led's that are in toys and stuff, it would make sense.

RIPP

RIPP

I'm not an expert mate I told the chinese manufacturer to put some more red leds in order to make my light more efficient in flower. This light is build mostly for bloom and cannot replace more than 600W HID, covers 4 m2. The problem is that the optimum working time is 11 to 12 hours per day. Anything more than 12 hours is really killing the 3W Epistar chipset.

btw I'll be happy to test one of those units with fancy reflector:)

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Im talking about your spectrum...you said it was a secret but looks simple/no secret. Just a few color peaks...2blue, 2red...your ratios maybe uniqueish but the concept is widley use by both cheap and some pricey leds. Companies are finding that a couple other colors are still necessary to fuel the compete process of growing(but obviously red and blue are the primary.)

Edit: What do you mean by "close to you gl" ??? In what way... output power, watts used, output/watt, spectrum quality, price...cause I can think of a few that do better in almost every category?
You make it seem like you could do the same or better by saying simple. Are you some kind of pro engineer? When asked for spectrum, I thought you meant more specific than a spectral range. There is more to colors and how they mix. Its what dies you use, how you use them, how you arrange tham and how they will be mixed. Our light also uses other colors. I meant that our spectral range is closest to photosynthetic action spectrum.

grower2

grower2

80w is not an actual, its a rounded number. We say 90 is the max and 82.5 is average or optimal.

Do you make them yourselves? If not, who is the OEM?

What would be really helpful, would be to know how many micromoles for PAR.

Yes. It would be nice if you shared that info.

I don't know how else to break this down for you. Here it goes... Our light is larger than 12"12" and longer than 24" therefore when I take measurements, they never come out the same from heights.

Oh you already took measurements? Ok, what did you see on the meter? It's a simple question that you already have an answer to, sounds like multiple.

What do you know about heat sinks and dissipation? Have you heard of internal fans? How about premium silver polysynthetic thermal compound? Yes, if you did nothing to control the heat, a larger watt LED could burn out quicker.

That is your answer to me asking how you keep your light cool? You answered a question with multiple questions and no answer? Am I suppose to infer that you mean to say you use heat sinks, internal fans, and a vague premium(compared to what?) silver polysynthetic thermal compound? Do you think if you use scientific wording you can gloss over not answering the question? Oh it's silver in color, partially synthetic, and it helps with heat, great what is it?

You agree with what I said and ask the same questions. SPIN 101.

Hydro Grow talks about testing 3w vs 3w, 5w vs 5w and 3w vs 5w in the article you posted.

We have used those LEDs and tested them. I personally would never use them in a grow light. they are not made for a grow light.

First, I am in no way promoting hydrogrowled, merely borrowing their info, information you seem to be unable to ascertain from the article. Hydogrow did the comparison 1 year ago, and they demonstrate the efficiency of 3w LEDs vs 5w LEDs, showing the 3w LED to be far more efficient than the larger 5w LED.

Here's a highlight from the article, "Companies selling LED Grow Lights with 5W LEDs are preying on the uneducated consumer who doesn't realize that more power consumed doesn't equate to more light output..."

So you are claiming your 82.5watt, peak 90watt, LED is more efficient? Could we see those numbers?

I don't know why I come across as a company sales rep. I don't even know what that means or entitles.

Well for one you have claimed you would love to sell these lights for the company, and you have stated that you do in fact work for the company.

Company sales reps promote products where it is relevant to consumers. Company reps speak of many different opinions that their product is the best/superior. You keep posting nothing but praise for these lights with very little facts. If you don't see it maybe you should take a marketing class where they will pretty much tell you to do what you are doing. Only they will show you how to do it effectively.

I do this because I like to and I am tired of people not knowing what they are purchasing, just purely being bad consumers.

I couldn't agree more, I consider myself a good consumer, hence the reason I ask questions. Bad consumers listen to opinions, like the ones you have for consumers on this site, and do not bother with facts.

Yeah because my unit has the best reflector on the market. Yours does not have one. My unit would be close to the size of yours if it were missing essential pieces, ie a reflector to take in all unused light. No reason to waste light. Why have so many LEDs if you are just going to let most of that light go to waste?

That is one of the inherent advantages of LED, you can get low angled outputs that do not require a reflector and have 100% of the light aimed where you want it. Reflectors capture and redirect light that is not directed where you want it to go, ie making the best of a bad situation.

its a great product that I I love and believe in.

Have you even grown anything with one? If you have, is there a reason you can't share any photos from that grow?

Thanks for the help. I have been trying to figure out what info people want.View attachment 280842

I asked about the spectral output too. Although that graph is still lacking for the info I would like to see. Thanks for ignoring all my questions and spinning everything I asked to make yourself and product shine in a better light!

You make it seem like you could do the same or better by saying simple. Are you some kind of pro engineer? When asked for spectrum, I thought you meant more specific than a spectral range. There is more to colors and how they mix. Its what dies you use, how you use them, how you arrange tham and how they will be mixed. Our light also uses other colors. I meant that our spectral range is closest to photosynthetic action spectrum.

Are you some kind of pro engineer?

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Some of your questions are too broad. Therefore making them hard to understand. I didn't think I was using scientific wording that was not understood or couldn't be typed into google to find out what it is on their own time. I'd like to take marketing classes if that was my job. Its not and probably will not be for some time. I ask questions when trying to answer questions because I do not understand what it is exactly that people are asking. The PAR read out for the GL700 is 1290 µmol/m2/second at 36" from the LEDs and 24" from the unit for a 4'x5' grow space. Their 3w and 5w LEDs are not even 3w or 5w LEDs. If they lie about that then why would I even choose to look at the info they are putting out. What is driving those LEDs? That makes a big difference. Are they using the same thing to drive the two different LEDs. Their test proves nothing to me or anyone that knows a thing or two about LEDs.

"The thermal management system is specifically matched to the heat output of the LED arrays
and incorporates feedback monitoring which protects the lights from over heating even in the
event of a total cooling system failure. Our thermal management system ensures that the LED arrays stay cool which increases light output, efficiency, and maintains the useful lifetime of
the LEDs." -as I said previously.

Look up the words I used if you do not understand them. I bet you could even find pictures to help you understand.

What numbers are you looking for? What measurements are you looking for? I need SPECIFICS. I didn't do the testing on this light, besides 1 grow test. Ask for the facts and I will send whatever I can. Specifics, specifis, specifics...

I hope that you can learn how to ask questions with the propper rhetoric so, that you can get the answers and facts that you are looking for.

Note: keep it nice and simple so I can understand what you are looking for. Unlike what you just plastered above.

grower2

grower2

Haha, you're a trip.

My first question in that post. "Do you make them yourselves? If not, who is the OEM?" Too broad a question?

I didn't think I was using scientific wording that was not understood or couldn't be typed into google to find out what it is on their own time.

Try rereading what I wrote. In no way do I not understand what you said, or the words you used. The point was that your post lacked any information at all other than saying, yea we cool it. If you were smart enough you would have realized that. Let me spell it out for you, there was a hint of sarcasm.

"The thermal management system is specifically matched to the heat output of the LED arrays
and incorporates feedback monitoring which protects the lights from over heating even in the
event of a total cooling system failure. Our thermal management system ensures that the LED arrays stay cool which increases light output, efficiency, and maintains the useful lifetime of

All you are saying here is that the LEDS give out a certain amount of heat and you have a way of cooling it to match the heat output, and oh you have a thermometer set to turn off the lights at a certain temperature perhaps.

I first asked how do you cool your light. A reasonable answer would be, we use heat sinks that help dissipate heat, and internal fans, along with an internal thermometer with a cut-off switch set to x.x degrees.

And what of your premium polysynthetic thermal compound, is that all you can say about it? You can merely state what you call it?

Their 3w and 5w LEDs are not even 3w or 5w LEDs. If they lie about that then why would I even choose to look at the info they are putting out. What is driving those LEDs? That makes a big difference. Are they using the same thing to drive the two different LEDs. Their test proves nothing to me or anyone that knows a thing or two about LEDs.

Look up the words I used if you do not understand them. I bet you could even find pictures to help you understand.

What numbers are you looking for? What measurements are you looking for? I need SPECIFICS. I didn't do the testing on this light, besides 1 grow test. Ask for the facts and I will send whatever I can. Specifics, specifis, specifics...

I hope that you can learn how to ask questions with the propper rhetoric so, that you can get the answers and facts that you are looking for.

Note: keep it nice and simple so I can understand what you are looking for. Unlike what you just plastered above.

I mentioned the Hydrogrowled article to highlight the idea of diminishing returns with current technology in regards to light output according to wattage and I wanted to know if you would provide any technical data showing the efficiency of your LEDs.

I asked earlier, what specific wavelengths does your light use?

All of my questions have been rather specific. And I did keep it nice and simple, you continue to prove unable to answer simple questions, please do not blame me of your own shortcomings.

Please stop claiming not to be a company representative, you are the only one here representing and talking about this light, and you have not one iota or inkling of any faults with this light. No one else is doing that around here.

Anyways, I no longer care for the answers, as you will not be getting my business as you are a rude and uniformed company representative, and have soured me on your entire company. I could care less if it does turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Good luck to your company though, I always root for new technology to live up to the hype, however, it usually does not.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

I don't know what OEM is. Make them yourself is too broad. Me or the company I work for? Make? Are you talking about designing, manufacturing or both? Are you talkign about the chip? the lense? the diodes? Get down to it in detail.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

You claimed the words I used were too scientific. By that I assumed you didn't understand.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

I'm not saying we have a thermometer that shuts off the lights.

grower2

grower2

I don't know what OEM is. Make them yourself is too broad. Me or the company I work for? Make? Are you talking about designing, manufacturing or both? Are you talkign about the chip? the lense? the diodes? Get down to it in detail.

Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Seriously?!? How is that a broad question?

Why don't you simply answer the question with as much detail as you can?

Do you make them or buy them?

Anyways, I'm done. You are too thick to continue responding.

You are mucking up what was a decent LED light section.

tags420

tags420

I am a business major with a biology minor and for the last 3 years+ have taken the time study and practice everything I can about led tech and growing. And been growing cannabis specifically for 9 years (5yrs for medical clubs) so if you think I'm just some chump then think again. Seriously brandon you need to look at what people write and assume somethings for your self...you're trying to show them off, why hide what you don't have too? When I ask about your spectrum I want the wavelengths that you achieve just like everyone else. If I want to know what"custom/unique" ways you do it I would ask specifically. Tell the generic info then hide how you do it secretly different than everyone. If you didn't make it seem so different/revolutionary by saying you had a secret, I wouldn't of called it simple when you showed it(graph). And if there is some secret at least tell the little you can... which turned out to be enough with the graph. Still never seen these GL's with any pics growing yet so get your shit going to back yourself up cause you digging a hole.

My apache's(AT120WR2) use a full spectrum that covers the whole action spectrum better also. Plus Apache's output/watt is better than your

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Seriously?!? How is that a broad question?

Why don't you simply answer the question with as much detail as you can?

Do you make them or buy them?

Anyways, I'm done. You are too thick to continue responding.

You are mucking up what was a decent LED light section.

I don't make them or buy them. Not sure who makes them. I know LBI designs them and buys them.

I apologize for not understanding some of your questions.

I don't know what you mean by those last two statements.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

I am a business major with a biology minor and for the last 3 years+ have taken the time study and practice everything I can about led tech and growing. And been growing cannabis specifically for 9 years (5yrs for medical clubs) so if you think I'm just some chump then think again. Seriously brandon you need to look at what people write and assume somethings for your self...you're trying to show them off, why hide what you don't have too? When I ask about your spectrum I want the wavelengths that you achieve just like everyone else. If I want to know what"custom/unique" ways you do it I would ask specifically. Tell the generic info then hide how you do it secretly different than everyone. If you didn't make it seem so different/revolutionary by saying you had a secret, I wouldn't of called it simple when you showed it(graph). And if there is some secret at least tell the little you can... which turned out to be enough with the graph. Still never seen these GL's with any pics growing yet so get your shit going to back yourself up cause you digging a hole.

My apache's(AT120WR2) use a full spectrum that covers the whole action spectrum better also. Plus Apache's output/watt is better than your

I never thought you were a chump. I don't know where you would get that idea from.

"Seriously brandon you need to look at what people write and assume somethings for your self...you're trying to show them off, why hide what you don't have too?"
I don't know what that means.

Can I see a graph similar to the one I posted?
GL004
GL005
GL006
GL003
GL002

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

"Full-spectrum" is not a technical term when applied to an electrical light bulb but rather a marketing term implying that the product emulates natural light. Products marketed as "full-spectrum" may produce light throughout the entire spectrum, but actually do not produce an even spectral distribution, and may not even differ substantially from lights not marketed as "full-spectrum".

Top Bottom