3x3 480watt LED Multiple Strains

• Thread starter TeeMoney615
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

I got my new 3 x 3 light today. And if I have to I'm going to melt me some silica right into some buds! :)

IMG 9063

IMG 9075

IMG 9087

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

I got my new 3 x 3 light today. And if I have to I'm going to melt me some silica right into some buds! :)

View attachment 1291837
View attachment 1291838
View attachment 1291839
You are putting that in a 3x3 tent? You are gonna have a hell of a battle on your hands keeping temperatures down. I’m struggling with this 430 watt light with a beast 6 inch inline fan for exhaust and a booster intake fan. I can’t keep temps below 78 degrees and that’s with all fans on full blast

Blastfact

Blastfact

You are putting that in a 3x3 tent? You are gonna have a hell of a battle on your hands keeping temperatures down. I’m struggling with this 430 watt light with a beast 6 inch inline fan for exhaust and a booster intake fan. I can’t keep temps below 78 degrees and that’s with all fans on full blast
Won't be a issue at all. I have tall tents. Big power means I can use very low dimmer settings and have light distribution like a bar light. Already run dual HLG 260 Rspec's with UVA30 in the 3 x 3. This just a little upgrade...

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

He’s able to do that because his light runs more efficiently = runs cooler.

I think your FCE4800 has an efficiency rating around 2.3 (which is really good).

That HLG light, without looking it up, I’m guessing it’s operating efficiency is around 2.75 give or take.

Anthem

Anthem

I think your FCE4800 has an efficiency rating around 2.3 (which is really good).

That HLG light, without looking it up, I’m guessing it’s operating efficiency is around 2.75 give or take.

Blastfact

Blastfact

It gets hot when you crank the dimmer up. The 650R is the least efficient of the Diablo lights by whatever matrix you use. The Scorpion is 3.2 PPF/J, 350R is 3.11 PPF/J and the 650R is 2.84 PPF/J.

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

It gets hot when you crank the dimmer up. The 650R is the least efficient of the Diablo lights by whatever matrix you use. The Scorpion is 3.2 PPF/J, 350R is 3.11 PPF/J and the 650R is 2.84 PPF/J.
Well I can’t believe mine has a very good efficiency rating because i have seedlings and a monster exhaust setup and I can’t push the temperature below 77 degrees no matter what I do. I have the lights 36” above the seedlings at full power. I don’t want any stretching whatsoever. I am honesty mimicking sshz pretty much to a T lol. His yields speak volumes in my book.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Well I can’t believe mine has a very good efficiency rating because i have seedlings and a monster exhaust setup and I can’t push the temperature below 77 degrees no matter what I do. I have the lights 36” above the seedlings at full power. I don’t want any stretching whatsoever. I am honesty mimicking sshz pretty much to a T lol. His yields speak volumes in my book.
That is why your having heat issues. You got the dimmer cranked up to full heat mode. Lower the light and back the dimmer down. Seedlings don't need to be blazed at. I have my dual 350R's at 24" above 26 day old plants in a 2 x 4 with the dimmers set at #2 @ 160 watts total and PPFD is at 320 just idling away. No heat, fuss or muss.

IMG 9079

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
^ That’s a good point.

Mines a lumteck led.
I only run mine at 20% when there born & knock it upto 40% once there a bit older it’s not till there big do I give them full blast 100%

When I used to run halides / hps there was no dimmer & I would have to lift the light up now with these leds/ballasts with dimmers it’s easier

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

What temperature and humidity do you guys run at each stage of growth?

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

That is why your having heat issues. You got the dimmer cranked up to full heat mode. Lower the light and back the dimmer down. Seedlings don't need to be blazed at. I have my dual 350R's at 24" above 26 day old plants in a 2 x 4 with the dimmers set at #2 @ 160 watts total and PPFD is at 320 just idling away. No heat, fuss or muss.

View attachment 1291874
320 ppfd seems low to me for any stage of growth??

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Nice setup, great selection of strains. BF Sweet Tooth was the first strain I ever grew 13 years ago now. They are still one of the best breeders doing it. VPD is something worth learning about. I like to run my tents a bit more humid than a lot of people. I like to follow this chart.

This a great read to help understand PPFD at different stages of growth that I like to follow too. A lot of differing opinions on optimal VPD and PPFD at the different stages of growth.

I like keeping the seedling/clone tent at 70-78°/85%RH and the big tent is at 70-82°/60%RH. The clones get 200 ppfd, seedlings 450 ppfd, and I'm in the 4th week of Flower so that tent is up to 1000-1500 ppfd.

Last edited:
Blastfact

Blastfact

how can I raise the humidity quickly in the tent?
Your current operating parameters and mode of operation are going to make controlling RH hard in your setup. If not near impossible. About all you can do is put a large humdifier in the room your tents in and crank it up. Your struggling with heat in the tent. Heat displaces moisture. plus if you have a exhaust fan you are more than likely running it 24/7 and sucking moisture right out of your local grow environment which is the tent. Until your ready to lower the dimmer setting lower the light height, control temps. You will have a struggle on your hands unless you hit the humidity harder than you really need to.

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

I reduced the power on the LED to 80% and cut both fans on their lowest setting and the temperature is hovering around 83 and the RH is 55%. I’m going to spray the plants at lights out and give them some added humidity in the dark.

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

Maybe I am being paranoid but all my seedlings have red/purple stems. I could never get the humidity and temperature where I wanted it with the light at 36” at 75% power so today I lowered the light to 22” at 25% power. I uploaded some pictures because I feel like they just don’t look as consistent healthy as they should. Please really evaluate these pictures and tell me if you notice anything. I am afraid I stressed them out with the humidity at 30% and the temps around 80 for a few days. I haven’t used any nutrients yet. As soon as these cups completely dry out I am going to give them 2ml of Cal Mag and 2ml of PBP Grow in a gallon.

DEDAF732 AEF1 4F9A BDF1 F055FB8FB65D
E84B3E28 5E23 4DB6 BDE1 E0E7AF6EB432
5789544D 3C1E 4713 9B74 D8AE1BBDB540
0D5AA87C CEA5 481B A592 3BC6B7B8FF26
A0762B7D 619B 42D0 94E8 7FCA71EEB5EE
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You are saying don’t use silica blast this grow but use it the next grow?
Hi, I've read your thread here and you have some guys here that know there stuff and there recommendations are solid. I just like to add though I don't use any mycos, micro boosters, silicate or anything else you guys have been talking about....I have tried some of them except Great White ( too expensive ) I have half a bottle of Si on the self and I didn't notice any benifit that justified the price I tried the Mycos. and it may have helped with roots but $50 a bag? I use GH 3 part Flora following feed schedule in Promix type peat mixes & Floralicious plus ( for the past 1.5yrs ). I don't know I get the same healthy growing plants with or without....I think its added confusion to this old brain.

No doubt its all good shit but is it really needed for a new grower?

Latest posts

Top Bottom