4 600s or 3 1000s

• Thread starter Bobby Smith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

I thought he was off to Europe about now for a week and a half?

Anxious to see some green in that system.

B

Bobby Smith

Sorry guys, definitely jetted off to Europe and got back early this morning - gonna get some sleep and do some work tomorrow and then I'll post some pics - had plants in there but there was an issue (tubing came loose), and that scared me enough to not want it to run while I was gone for ten days so I just killed all those clones.

Gonna get my veg tent setup tomorrow (with the EZ Cloner) and take 120 tomorrow - will post pics and an explanation of what happened tomorrow when my brain isn't such mush.

B

Boomer242

Sorry guys, definitely jetted off to Europe and got back early this morning - gonna get some sleep and do some work tomorrow and then I'll post some pics - had plants in there but there was an issue (tubing came loose), and that scared me enough to not want it to run while I was gone for ten days so I just killed all those clones.

Gonna get my veg tent setup tomorrow (with the EZ Cloner) and take 120 tomorrow - will post pics and an explanation of what happened tomorrow when my brain isn't such mush.

smart move IMO
glad to see ur bak and alive ready to grow. :icon_spin:

M

MediMary

where u hit up on u trip

B

Bobby Smith

Thanks guys, trip was quite enjoyable.

It was purely pleasure - visited my little sister in London and then me and wifey went to Paris for a few days.

It was definitely a good time - would've loved to have come home to flowering plants, but I didn't want to worry while I was over there about the house burning down or being flooded, so I figured I'd lose a month - not too worried about it, life goes on.

Still have a shitload of work to do like setup the vertitube thingy that I ordered, but today's agenda is to take 120 clones in the EZ - the issue I had with the Jiffy Pellet clones is that the ones in the 3" openings were fine, but the 4" wyes were too deep for the roots to reach the water feed - won't be an issue with the long EZ roots, so that's where we stand.

Gonna take a nice post-coffee dump and then get to some work in there.

Also haven't smoked weed since I left on the 15th (trying to get clean for any upcoming job drug tests), and it's amazing how you remember your dreams when you're not high - pretty weird.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

THC - Helping psychotics escape their nightmares since its discovery. Good stuff. :)

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Your wife must have 6 toes or something to counteract the level of awesomeness I've gathered of her thus far. Okay with your new hobby, brings home cheddar, travels...

What catalog did you order that from?

B

Bobby Smith

Your wife must have 6 toes or something to counteract the level of awesomeness I've gathered of her thus far. Okay with your new hobby, brings home cheddar, travels...

What catalog did you order that from?

She's also quite attractive with a banging body..........no catalog, met her at my last job - I was in a long-term relationship and she was married - you can use your imagination on how that all went down.

And she's not my "wife" - she's my "wifey" :)

In my defense, most women would call me somewhat of a catch as well :muscle

Enough procrastinating, it's clone cutting time.......I'll take some pics while I'm in there.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Man,
You got Wifey at home?

128.jpg

Now I am super jealous!

And we thought the grow was gonna be good...

Congrats man.

-TF

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

BOOBS! (My impression of Michael Scott, star of The Office.)

B

Bobby Smith

Lol........she's a lot younger and boobs aren't quite as large :)

Anyways, just took 120 of the rattiest clones you've ever seen today (actually 30 yesterday to see how they did overnight - they were fine).

They're under a 400HPS (bout two feet above), and water temps are 72F with the pump running 25 seconds on / 2.5 minutes off - ambient temps are ~75F.

Clones have nute deficiency, vicious spider mite damage, and are generally just fucking ugly (but they're what I had, so it is what it is - leaving your plants in a puddle of water for twelve days isn't really a recipe for great mothers).

Figure root in ~10 days, then veg for about a week in the EZ, so shooting to have them in the system somewhere around November 15th-20th.

I'll take pics tomorrow, need to get ready for some trick or treaters now........

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice build Bobby! Been lurking a bit and looking forward to seeing the PVC filled with plants... :cool

B

Bobby Smith

Thanks for stopping in, Shady.

Anyhow, checked on the EZ a few minutes ago and was fucking annoyed to see the onset (not onset so much as full on fucking outbreak) of pythium covering the walls and pump - almost 1/2" thick, and that's after only a day or two of it running.

Anyways, after cursing my luck, I have a plan of attack - I guess I should've told you guys, I didn't hook up the air pump that comes with the EZ because I didn't think it was necessary.

So, instead of just hooking up the one pump that came with it, I'm gonna hook up about 5 or 6 air pumps and blow it the fuck up.

Also going to use more 35% H2O2 (used a liberal amount already this evening after scraping all the visible shit out of the EZ) until that shit is gone.

If anyone has any other tips to get this shit under control, I'm all ears - I've always just tried to hit it with more dissolved O2 and H2O2, but I'm open to suggestions.

R

RMCG

Be careful with some fungicide type products (ie Zone) as they can inhibit rooting.

Not sure which is worse, cuts with no roots or a big pile of green/grey mush.

B

Bobby Smith

Yeah, using H2O2 which I'm sure will inhibit rooting in a similar manner - as soon as they get roots than I can really get down with some heavy H2O2, but in the meantime I need to only use it to keep the pythium at bay, methinks.

Also thinking of hooking up that water chiller, but kind of think that's more trouble than it's worth - gonna see how the air pumps/stones do and then reassess in a couple of days.

The good news is that it shouldn't be as much of a pain to deal with as pythium in DWC (because the roots will have ample access to air in between feedings and not sitting in a solution), but this also makes me lean a little more towards doing a drain to waste.

B

Bobby Smith

1000s! 600s suck 750s suck too....

Lol, just in time bro - appreciate your two cents :shake

Anyhow, here's some pics of the clone setup as of now - was too lazy to setup the whole veg tent and do it right, so I just drilled a hole in the ceiling and hung a 400HPS (because I'm lazy and a procrastinator, as evidenced by the ducting still attached to the light).

I got rid of 95% of the slimy shit, but you can still see a little residue in the lid off pics.

Also couldn't find my air tubing last night or today (I have boatloads somewhere in there, but again, stopped looking after a while because I'm lazy) so I just setup a 185GPH pond pump to create a waterfall, and it seems to be working out okay.

Also, the clones are looking MUCH better than when I cut them - the plants were light starved like a motherfucker, so they're loving getting some real light right now.

Only pending issue is I over-pH'd the water to 4.0 (because the slime makes it rise so much I figured it'd be back up to the mid-5s in no time), but it appears the slime is totally under control, so I'm debating whether or not to give it another day or two to creep up by itself or getting it up to 5.2 today.

Fuck, forgot to take pics of the cooltube..........I'll do that now and post up some actual questions for you guys/gals I have about the flowering setup, mainly about the best way to go about constructing a screen and people's thoughts on running a drain to waste instead of recirculating.

11210 001
11210 002
11210 003
11210 004
11210 006
11210 007
11210 008
11210 009
11210 010
11210 011
Top Bottom