4 600s or 3 1000s

• Thread starter Bobby Smith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

I think a 1k ballast (only) puts out ~1000BTU. So 600w will be ~600BTUs.

Use the cool water for your Iceboxes. Run the Hydrogen drain to waste if you can. Might add a shower or two a days worth of water to your bill. It doesn't run long and the water that comes out is HOT. All this thing is is a on-demand/tankless water heater for a house.
Not worth trying to chill it, let alone cool it like you are trying to do.

B

Bobby Smith

Hmmmm, so that's about 3000BTUs simply from the ballasts..........might need to look at moving them somewhere outside the grow area.

As far as the iceboxes or Hydrogen, I was leaning towards the iceboxes as well - still have some doubts based on what I've read online regarding the Hydrogen as a reliable piece of equipment, whereas the iceboxes have no moving parts.

Plus, worse comes to worse, can always just set my CO2 to turn off if the ACs running on the super hot days.

R

RMCG

I think they have fixed the firing issue on the hydrogen.

Or just go pick up a propane tankless hotwater heater from ebay.

I

Integra21

What up Bob. You always got so much going and so many decisions to make. The Hydrogen heats up the water a shitload. You could potentially run the ice boxes and the Hydrogen, but I think it will warm up your res's too much. If you wanted to try, run the water through the Iceboxes and from the exit side of the ice bot to the hydrogen, and it should cool the unit fairly well, but the water going back to the res is likely to be 20-30F warmer than room temp. The only way to see if it would work is to try it. A 2 liter bottle of ice per res a day would probly counter act it though, but you'd be way better off with a chiller in the mix. As far as the bulbs, you might want to throw cool tubes back in the design if you wish to keep the vertical. And having several ballasts in your room is a bad idea, too much radiant heat, it will cause temp rise. Not saying you have to get them out of the garage, just out of the tent. Sorry if I missed anything, but thats my 2 cents.

B

Bobby Smith

No More Dual Hose

Gotten some work done this weekend, but have also done some more research on dual hoses - from what I'd read they shouldn't exhaust room air, but according to the thread about them on this site, they do - from lots of growers.

Gonna call up the place I ordered from and tell them to cancel my order - need to do some more thinking, but am either gonna do a mini-split or run intake/exhaust and only run sealed when temps will allow.

Fucking POS dual hose ACs.

B

Boomer242

Gotten some work done this weekend, but have also done some more research on dual hoses - from what I'd read they shouldn't exhaust room air, but according to the thread about them on this site, they do - from lots of growers.

Gonna call up the place I ordered from and tell them to cancel my order - need to do some more thinking, but am either gonna do a mini-split or run intake/exhaust and only run sealed when temps will allow.

Fucking POS dual hose ACs.

the units arent POS. but they do exchange aroma and c02 from the room. thats why i use a 2ton split for my flower and the dual hose ACs for veg only. try and find a good deal on split AC units. they require more for install tho. (free-on charge, copper hosing and other tools to heat/bend the hosing) so idk if u wanna hire out sumone to do it or try urself.

the dual hose is a lot more efficient in cooling and not exchanging as much air from the room as a single hose system. hope u get it dialed bro. responded to u over at jacks thread.

B

Bobby Smith

the units arent POS. but they do exchange aroma and c02 from the room. thats why i use a 2ton split for my flower and the dual hose ACs for veg only. try and find a good deal on split AC units. they require more for install tho. (free-on charge, copper hosing and other tools to heat/bend the hosing) so idk if u wanna hire out sumone to do it or try urself.

the dual hose is a lot more efficient in cooling and not exchanging as much air from the room as a single hose system. hope u get it dialed bro. responded to u over at jacks thread.

Yeah, sorry about that little temper tantrum - was having a shitty day and the last thing I needed to read was that portables exchange stink.

Figured I can just put a duct booster on the exhaust and run it through my 6" filter (outside of my grow area, obviously) and that should handle it.

Also realizing that I'm gonna need a water-cooled CO2 generator, so I'm debating whether or not to buy a Hydrogen ($400) or a Marey Hot Water Heater ($185).

Thinking I'll probably get the Marey (no need to "waste" $200+) and run DTW off of my hose that's in the garage.

Slowly but steadily making progress, but this shit sucks..........oh, and a handful of the clones in Jiffys rooted, so it looks like we're still on schedule for October 1st.

Will post pics tonight or tomorrow morning.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I bought a split in the end after swearing I wasn't going to co2 and aircon got to diy install it but not a diy air con so going to be fun got a vac pump it's pregassed so hopefully will be set when I finally build the thing.

B

Bobby Smith

Good call on the Marey HW heater.

:sun

Waiting to hear back from Integra regarding the questions I asked him in his journal, but from what I've read on the Internet in the past hour, it sounds like the technology isn't quite there yet for this.

Don't mind messing around with Ice Boxes and getting a leak somewhere, but a fuckup with a 20# tank of liquid propane could be fucking devastating.

Right now I'm certainly leaning towards keeping my Cap 13K BTU generator and figuring out a way to keep temps down with that.

Holy shit do I change my mind a lot.

Enough fucking around, back to work.

B

Boomer242

the duct booster sounds like a good solution. glad u figured things out now during construction then rather smellin bud after the fact and possibly being too late.

the watercooled c02 should def make a diff heat wise in ur space. integra does have sum good info on that shit. id consider it for small growrooms that dont use large AC systems. i wish i could give u sum advice on this but ive never had to research the hydro innovation stuff for watercooling etc. i just go crazy on AC :) 10 tons next! lol

glad to hear ure still on track as well. i was pissed my first round of clones (from the collective) had PM!

keep it up bob

B

Bobby Smith

Thanks Boom, appreciate it.

RCMG, have decided that if I buy a new generator, it's gonna be the Hydrogen and not the Marey - evidently they made a change whereby it "clicks" until it lights, which the Marey does not, and it also has a cord to plug in, whereas the Marey uses batteries.

Plus the price difference ($50) is negligible, and I'd rather support Hydro Innovations because I love their customer service and want to "do my part".

So anyways - framing the roof tomorrow, but I have a couple of questions:

1) Would you go with 16" or 24" spacing? I'm definitely leaning towards 24" because this shit doesn't need to be "up to code", but if someone has a good reason 16" would be better, I'm all ears.

2) What would you use for the actual ceiling? I'm thinking thin-ish plywood, but that's gonna be pretty expensive for as much as I need - is there something else (not drywall) that you guys would use instead?

3) What insulation would you guys use for the ceiling? Since I'm laying my beams across the "proper" way, I'll have a 4" gap between the top and bottom of the ceiling (if that makes any sense) - thoughts?

Thanks guys.

B

Bobby Smith

Gas

So, talked to HD guy for a 1/2 hour and gave him all the measurements (as well as showing him a pic of it), and he seems to think that running my natural gas line to the garage will be simple as pie - gave me everything I should need, so I'm gonna try.

Don't wanna have to fill up a tank of propane every week and love the convenience that having gas in there would give me, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

I'll take pics as I go, but I'm not gonna post up any until I'm done for insurance reasons - should I blow half the block up, I don't want them to be able to trace it to me.

If you never hear from me again, you can probably figure out what happened.

B

Boomer242

fyi i fill my tank about once a month. the hardwire is def a better longterm solution tho

B

Bobby Smith

fyi i fill my tank about once a month. the hardwire is def a better longterm solution tho

Do you have a 20# tank? And what are the dimensions of your room?

Just got back from Home Depot for the fourth time today - having some issues with loosening the existing pipe (really scared to give it too much torque and break it off or something), so if it'd only be once a month of filling the tank, I guess I could deal (just eat the $20 worth of pipe I just bought).

Weird though, because I went though a tank in 9 days with my 4x4 tent, so something doesn't add up.

B

Bobby Smith

Don't Wanna Jinx It

But the stove works and I'm not smelling any gas so far :party0044:

Ahhhh, what a nice feeling :sun

Took me a few hours from start to finish (4 trips to HD, thank God it's only five minutes away) and used ungodly amounts of that Pro Dope shit (but not so much that it'd clog the pipes).

Pictures are pretty self-expanatory, but lemme know if anyone's got any questions - pretty cool that I just did that, feeling damn handy right now :animbong:

81810 001
81810 002
81810 003
81810 004
81810 005
81810 006
81810 007
81810 008
81810 009
81810 010
aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

congrats on the DIY! and good luck with the grow, cheers:bong2:

L

Lost

Plus, worse comes to worse, can always just set my CO2 to turn off if the ACs running on the super hot days.

Why would you do that? On the hot days you want the a/c top cool all of your stuff down. From what I understand of what you are trying to do, its gunna create alot of heat. I run my a/c's 24/7. At night they pop on occationally, all thermostat regulated (justa tip stagger the temps on the a/c so the fewest number needed will run, the rest will turn off. (I se mine at like 74 then 76, etc..)

The a/c does not destroy the co2. If its hot you want to run both. Better yet either decide to run co2 or not. You want the environment to be the same all the time. Changing conditions all the time is no good.

B

Bobby Smith

Why would you do that? On the hot days you want the a/c top cool all of your stuff down. From what I understand of what you are trying to do, its gunna create alot of heat. I run my a/c's 24/7. At night they pop on occationally, all thermostat regulated (justa tip stagger the temps on the a/c so the fewest number needed will run, the rest will turn off. (I se mine at like 74 then 76, etc..)

The a/c does not destroy the co2. If its hot you want to run both. Better yet either decide to run co2 or not. You want the environment to be the same all the time. Changing conditions all the time is no good.

Thanks for checking in Lost; seen your grows and they're quite impressive.

What I was getting at with that statement was IF the AC couldn't "keep up" (on the HOTTEST days of the year, and I'm gonna be running a 14K portable, so who knows how it'll hold up), then I can set my Sentinel CHHC-1 to turn off the CO2 when the AC is running - there'd still be "enough" CO2 in the room from the times it did run when the AC would shutoff, but it wouldn't be the steady 1500PPMs all the time.

Kind of a failsafe to make sure the AC doesn't get completely overwhelmed and temps get to 120F in there.

However, just installed a natural gas line and am gonna get a Hydrogen water-cooled generator, so that probably won't be an issue now.

If you hang around this thread long enough, you'll quickly see that I'm a fickle motherfucker and change my mind every three seconds.

B

Boomer242

my room is 11'x10' roughly by 12' tall since its a vaulted cieling. but my tank is standard size. i have 3 (1 for the bbq and 2 for the room)

Latest posts

Top Bottom