4 600s or 3 1000s

• Thread starter Bobby Smith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bobby Smith

Thanks bro - yeah, figure with the cooltube the AC will run less, which will both lower my electric bill AND cut down on the amount of CO2/stink getting exhausted into the dead part of the garage.

Make sure you check in every once in a while, because hopefully this bad boy will be rocking and rolling sooner than you'd imagine :)

I

Integra21

I'll be watching for sure, since thats all I can do at the moment.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

I give it a year before you're taking up root and putting developed skills to work in a med state. Nothing greedy about supplying a product people can't wait to buy. :)

S

strictlyHYDROid

Sorry in advance for the long-windedness.

Firstly, a really quick hello (again) to all you farmers out there.

Secondly, tore my old setup down, selling it, and am going to start building my new setup within a week (hopefully) when I've gotten my garage emptied out.

I see a lot of threads like these and think it's just some bored kid who will never do what he's talking about, but I can assure all reading this: THIS IS NOT A TEST, AND YOUR INPUT WILL BE VALUED AND USED TO MAKE MY DECISION (will also do my grow journal here as well, if that matters).

Sooooo.......I'll save you the rest of the extraneous details, and cut to the chase - flowering "system" is gonna be an El Blastido Octagon, but gonna build two more (if not three more) levels on it and give it a little more lighting horsepower.

Here's his:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=17863

The dimensions of his system are 5' diameter and 4' tall, which he lit with 2 600s (aircooled).

Mine is going to be 5' diameter and 6-7' tall, and my question for youz guys (and gals) is if you'd go with 4 600s or 3 1Ks for lighting it - they're both gonna be cooltubed, and since I don't DIY anything I can buy, it's gonna be from this place:

The system will certainly be more efficient and have a higher g/w ratio with the 6's, but will produce more bud with the 1Ks; however, the issue of keeping the lighting intensity consistent throughout the canopy is my biggest concern.

FYI, whether I go with 600s or 1000s, they're going to be dimmable ballasts to help ease the plants into the system and try to minimize any light shock.

So finally, would love to hear other's thoughts on the issue, and ESPECIALLY anyone who's ever experimented with the different lighting intensities in a Cage, Coliseum, or any other vert octagon-ish setup.

Thanks in advance for your time and replies.

-Bob

similar set-up as mine
but my roots are suspended in fluid
keep a watch out for stem rot
but other then that
everything is good

B

Boomer242

haah ya bob just move out here and join the team.
:character0180: :sun2::anim_19::rauch08:

gotta love these charatcers...

anyways man sounds like u got a good plan. quarterly harvest with great quality im sure. ure set. i wish we were still pulling $4k+/pack down here still. shit is terrible now with the over supply of outdoor this season.

so how long u thinkin til u get ur bitches in there for flower? u seem to be like me with timelines for everything haha

B

Bobby Smith

Lol gents, never say never but I'd be more than shocked if I moved out west and became a legal beagle - my girl makes really good money as a VP on Wall Street, and I make even more when I'm actually working (bond trader, but it's pretty slim pickings these days for my sector because the fucking government is taking over private markets).

Boom, depends on how well these clones adapt/grow into the system - I WILL HAVE PLANTS IN THERE BY TUESDAY - no more missing deadlines.

Figure it'll take the clones a week to recover/start growth, and then I'll veg them until I get back from Europe on October 25rd (leaving the 16th, so if they grow quicker than expected I'll flip the switch the day I leave).............then I assume they'll be ready to go to 12/12, but obviously leaving the system alone for 9-10 days, anything could happen.

But in all honesty, my girl has said she wouldn't be averse to moving out west and having a more relaxing life style - she leaves the house at 6:30 and gets home at about 8:30 every day.

We've got enough money to set up a 50K+ grow, so we'll see - stay tuned :)

How hot would that be if I just went bonkers and setup a 100K grow? Lol........

B

Boomer242

lol well i never thought id be doing such a thing but i am. life takes u crazy places and im here to make it count. just do it big in ur own way. rep ur state and provide good peeps with good bud. just be smart and safe. ull do fine. ill be lurkin bro. i hit it hard with puttin up walls all week. peace

F

FARM THIS

recirculate .. for atleast 2-3 days and save money . just make sure you adjust the ph and ppm of course !

S

strictlyHYDROid

nice set-up man

i see you've spent alot of money towards this build
how many pots does it hold ?
are you going to do aeroponics ?
the down pipe is a good idea for anti root bound
where are you going to put the reservoir ?
good luck with everything man

B

Bobby Smith

Yeah, spending money is kinda "my thing".

It's gonna be 15 columns at 6 plants per column, so 90 in total.

Some would call it low pressure aeroponics, although it's more (IMO) a vertical NFT - basically water flows from the top of the column out of a shrub sprinkler, and waters all six plants in that column.

Setup the base today and took pics, and 14/15 columns are done and glued, but my stupid ass can't get the column apart that I put together for the pic a few posts above.

Lord knows what the fuck I was thinking, but it's a bitch getting this unglued PVC out - probably just gonna take the loss of the six wyes and throw some more money down the drain.

The reservoir (which is funny you mentioned, because I was just fucking around with some reservoir shit a minute ago) is going to a 100 gallon trash can (as of this moment), and will be located right next to the "unit".

I wanted to run two separate 45 gallon reservoirs to allow me to do lots of head to head trials and shit with nutes, but it's difficult getting the water for both sides to stay on its side, if you know what I mean - I'll have pics that better illustrate it tonight or tomorrow (see point #4 below).

Wanted to be able to run head to head tests, but I'm not gonna risk flooding my garage to do so - if I can think of a reasonable solution (some kind of blocker in between the two sides), then I'll still set it up that way.

Changed my mind, here's the pics:

1) ran a T off the water line so I can use a hose for refilling the reservoirs while the CO2 unit is still working
2) Got 14 of the columns set up
3) You can see the size difference between the 4x4x3 and 4x4x4 wyes - have 60 of the former and 30 of the latter, so each column will have 4 and 2, respectively
4) You see those red buckets? One of them fills up more than the other, so I need to get that sorted if I want to be able to run two reservoirs

10410 001
10410 002
10410 003
10410 004
10410 005
10410 006
10410 007
10410 008
10410 009
10410 010
I

Integra21

to break pvc free that is stuck together do your best to try and twist and pull at the same time or try rocking the inner piece back and forth. this is usually easiest to do with someone just as strong as you helping hold the other end or using a vise.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

to break pvc free that is stuck together do your best to try and twist and pull at the same time or try rocking the inner piece back and forth. this is usually easiest to do with someone just as strong as you helping hold the other end or using a vise.

He said he had a girl laying around the house somewhere. :party0042:

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

If you're livin' that lavish you should invite me out to your hood. Never seen the big city.

I'd require cleaned sheets though. ;)

B

Bobby Smith

Integra, that's funny - I actually went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a vise, but it doesn't grip the tubing enough to make much of a difference.

RMCG, gonna use 3" netpots on the 4x4x3 wyes, and gonna pickup some 3.75" netpots (nobody has 4" around here) and try to rig them up so they stay in the 4" openings - maybe some duct tape around the top or something.

Rollin, nobody living lavish out here, just trying to get by one day at a time - and you're more than welcome to come out here whenever and I'll show you around, but unless you wanna wear a blindfold, staying at the house isn't much of an option - you med state cats all seem to have forgotten about Rule #1.

I've actually already met up with somebody on this site (to give him some stuff I didn't need, like one of my 2x4 trays and some other stuff), and it was the same story with him - no names, no numbers - I'm a nice guy and went out of my way to give the guy a couple hundred dollars worth of free stuff, but I try to keep my identity secret as best I can.

Anyways, enough of that heavy talk - put 12 of the columns in, looks pretty good - I'm 100% sure I could go with 7 a column if they were all 4x4x3s, and I still might be able to anyways..........so I might make it a 105 site and not 90.

I'll know more later on today.

B

Bobby Smith

And I thought about that for a total of three seconds, and decided that we're definitely staying with 90 plants, at least for this run.

90 flower plus up to nine mothers = no federal charge (I'd hope).

Now the last two weeks of flowering I'll cut clones and be over the limit, but I'm gonna do what I reasonably can to stay under that number for at least 10 of the 12 weeks of the cycle.

I

Integra21

If you already have a vise, all you need is some of that rubber grip drawer liner or something similar and it will hold it in place.

B

Bobby Smith

I actually figured something kinda clever out - just glued some other fittings onto the lose PVC, then I was able to pull them apart.

Octagon is almost fully setup, pics coming tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.......

B

Bobby Smith

First Look

Bought a 1/6HP utility pump, but must've left some fittings at Lowes so I haven't been able to fire it up yet.

Pretty, isn't she? :lock:

10510 001
10510 002
10510 003
10510 004
10510 005
10510 006
10510 007
10510 008

Latest posts

Top Bottom