4 600s or 3 1000s

• Thread starter Bobby Smith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Oh hell yeah! This is awesome Bobby!!! So glad to see you finally rocking the cage full of girls... :rock

B

Bobby Smith

Thanks Shady and GK, nice to actually have something worthwhile to update.

Pirronea45, you're just in time, bro - thanks for the timely suggestion, I think I will use 4 600s.*

*Anyone have a guess as to how long into the future people will see the thread title without reading any of it and just give a lighting suggestion? Like the third time in two weeks........can people not see dates? I just find it kind of comical...........this thread is coming to a close soon (about a month, when the stretch is over I'll transition over to a grow journal) and invariably in a year or two someone is gonna post up "Go with the 3 1Ks, bro!!!"

Lol........

G

gudkarma

hahahaha... that's funny (& true).

looking forward to your journals & grows.

4.D.

Looks good, youve come along way, I was glued to your thread last year. Have you ever thought about wrapping your octagon with panda or reflectix to reflect more light. Put an outtake fan up top and leave the bottom 6"-1' open for passive intake from your sealed room. Co2 usally sinks anyway right? So you would pull the cool Co2 rich air in from your room and through your octy, and dump it back into your sealed room.. Just an idea, I remember last year you said you were inspiried by one of heaths grows, thats how he did his grow.

B

Bobby Smith

Looks good, youve come along way, I was glued to your thread last year.

Lol, it's been a while, huh? Thanks for stopping by :)

Have you ever thought about wrapping your octagon with panda or reflectix to reflect more light. Put an outtake fan up top and leave the bottom 6"-1' open for passive intake from your sealed room. Co2 usally sinks anyway right?

Exactly what I have planned (and bought extra panda just for that) - just been lazy and trying to keep the smallest plants alive so haven't had the chance/opportunity to do that yet. Also, by the time the screen (speaking of something I've been meaning to do) is put in, in theory there really shouldn't be a whole lot of light getting through, so I think I'd prefer more airflow over a marginal increase in lighting.

Plan was always to wrap it during veg and then to take it off either at the start of flower or after the stretch (when air flow is more important). Put a small fan pointing straight up to do exactly what you said, passive intake from the bottom and blowing up through the top.

So you would pull the cool Co2 rich air in from your room and through your octy, and dump it back into your sealed room.. Just an idea, I remember last year you said you were inspiried by one of heaths grows, thats how he did his grow.

Well the whole room (even the veg ten) is sealed and CO2 enriched, so any air in there is enriched.

I gotta figure out that multi-quote function.

M

MediMary

havn't read anything in this journal except your first post(and I barley skimmed through that), But I think you should ditch the HID lights for something better, Like LEDs, or flashlights:)
but if you must go with HID lighting go with five 250w Metal halides;)

B

Bobby Smith

havn't read anything in this journal except your first post(and I barley skimmed through that), But I think you should ditch the HID lights for something better, Like LEDs, or flashlights:)
but if you must go with HID lighting go with five 250w Metal halides;)

Lol........I was thinking ten 100W incandescents stacked from floor to ceiling.......would really keep an even lighting distribution at the canopy level :)

S

sfzoo

i'm so impressed by how this whole thing come together. inspiring.

glad you got the kinks taken care off..

i hope all goes well for you here on out!

B

Bobby Smith

i'm so impressed by how this whole thing come together. inspiring.

glad you got the kinks taken care off..

i hope all goes well for you here on out!

Thanks bro; should be renamed "An Idiot's Guide To Making Things Overly Complicated" :)

If I pull half of what you pull this run I'll be happier than a pig in shit - good vibes right back atcha :)

K

Kaiser Puff

Negative; some are clearly large enough that they could be, but need to give them another week or two for all the smaller ones to catch up - also gonna put a screen in there and do a VSCROG, so that'll take a little bit of vegging to get that going as well.

Probably gonna top the larger ones in the next couple of days and then get a screen in there - have been delaying it because of plants drying out and dying, but that problem seems to be done so I need to get that screen in there (but after I switch out the lights - that's gonna be a pain in the arse).

Drying out and dying? What happened?

B

Bobby Smith

Drying out and dying? What happened?

Instead of using aero clones with long root masses that would reach into the column(s), I was forced to use clones rooted in Jiffy Pellets, and the bottoms wouldn't reach into the columns - therefore, some of them dried out and were replaced.

I figured out a solution by cutting the bottom out of the netpots and letting the roots extend into the columns, so the plants I did that to worked out fine.

Not a biggie, live and learn for next time.

S

Socachi

Hey Bobby its been awhile. I see you finally got your shit rockin, it's lookin sweet. Congrats. Any new pics?

B

Bobby Smith

Hey Bobby its been awhile. I see you finally got your shit rockin, it's lookin sweet. Congrats. Any new pics?

Good seeing you; here's some pics I took last night.

First 15-20 are a couple of HP13 X Wraith seedlings (test grow for Green Lantern) that I stuck in there to be flowered with my super skunks.

Still dialing it in - shooting for another 10-14 days veg - really just waiting for all plants to get a decent root system before I flip.

3411 003
3411 004
3411 005
3411 006
3411 007
3411 008
3411 009
3411 010
3411 011
3411 012
3411 013
3411 014
3411 015
3411 016
3411 017
3411 018
3411 019
3411 020
3411 021
3411 022
3411 023
3411 024
3411 025
3411 026
3411 027
3411 028
3411 029
3411 030
3411 031
3411 032
420Gator

420Gator

sorry for being too lazy to search the thread but whats the plant count in that stadium?

looking forward to the grow log

B

Bobby Smith

No worries bro; it's 15 columns @6 plants per column = 90 plants.

Might stick a DWC bucket in the entryway and throw another one or two plants in there (kind of a tester bucket).

G

gudkarma

No worries bro; it's 15 columns @6 plants per column = 90 plants.

Might stick a DWC bucket in the entryway and throw another one or two plants in there (kind of a tester bucket).

fu&kin rad!

i do the same stuff to suck up any light spilage ... use any space you can... thats smart.

did you wash the dirt off those plants & throw them down the tubes :-) ?

always watchin!

N

Noris559

hey whats up bob just stopping by agian to see how your doing.

i just started flushing today and wanted to drop off a couple pics.

oh and p.s. you are gonna be amazed on how dense the nugs get from bottom of plant to the very top. VERTICAL FTW!!!!

strain is Salmon Creek

http://i41.invalid.com/albums/e261/tem2dcrx/indoor%202010%20vertical/IMG_2853.jpg

http://i41.invalid.com/albums/e261/tem2dcrx/indoor%202010%20vertical/IMG_2882.jpg

http://i41.invalid.com/albums/e261/tem2dcrx/indoor%202010%20vertical/IMG_2860.png

I

Indefinately

Just Checking in Mr Bobby Smith......

Looks like your smashing it.......
Keep up the good work..

All the Best.

Top Bottom