4 Ft Led Hot5 @ 30w

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I haven't posted here in a few years and a lot has changed since then

Some 4 years ago after I made the mistake of buying a Blurple UFO 90 (red/blue : probably no more than 50 actual watts) Wanting to grow in a 2 x 4 tent, I replaced it with Quantum Bad Boy 8 tube (432w) hot5. Soon after I found a grow thread using aquarium tubes to better provide a wider spectrum. I also played with actinics, ZooMed Florosuns, and far reds. After a few grows, I reached out to BML (now Fluence) who wanted to get their products out to the cannabis community.

They provided me with a SPYDR 600 led that is ~ 340w actual but had a 2 x 4 foot print. Some 3 months later, I parlayed that interaction into later getting the same deal from both Amare Technologies, and more recently Transcend Lighting. They provide the lights in exchange for me providing HONEST REPORTING grow threads. These threads include weekly photos for anyone to see for themselves whether these lights work for cannabis (they do). I recently finished my first grow under CoBs with the Amare Tech SE 220 (now upgraded to 250w)

First, TL provided a D200 (230w) light they designed specifically for supplemental lights in greenhouses, even though I am using a 6ft indoor tent. It is unique in that it uses Remote Phosphor, which is basically 450nm blue diodes (the most efficient spectrum) that phosphor coated glass plates providing a near NW color rendition. TL says they will have a 90% effective life at 90,000 hours.

Recently they sent me their 4ft @ 30w T5 tubes which are available in NW for veg and pink for flowering. These are a direct replacement (no rewiring) for hot5s. Currently, I am using them to see whether 2 plants will reveg under 4 NWs in my DIY bubbler with 4 @ 4" air stone discs. I am also popping new seeds

While 30w seems low compared to 54w tubes, keep in mind cfl tubes light is non directional, whereas the leds light is 100% directed to the canopy. Probably a wash

After a couple weeks one plant has some new root development, but no new leafs. The other has a decent amount of new leafs BUT zero new roots, in spite of > 13 l/min pump. PPMs are 250

It could be the low RH ~ 55%. I just bought a humidifier to raise it

Also, I bought a pH test pen which revealed my pH was pushing 6.4. I find measuring using drops and the color chart too difficult to identify accurately

So, I am thinking these 2 new additions will significantly up my game

Here's a couple snap shots taken this morning, pre- humidifier

Hope you subscribe

4 ft led hot5  30w
4 ft led hot5  30w 2
Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

While the Vicks is working great now ~ 70% RH, the 1.2g capacity is being used up pretty quickly. Looks like I will need to refill daily- a small price for improved growth. Lots of new leaf development on the front plant, ut the one in the back seems to have taken a turn for the worse. WTF?

Pics tomorrow

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Seed + H2O2 update: looks like 2 more are about to crack
woohoo.gif
added 2 more drops

Reveg Tent

I decided to turn the humidifier off over night, thinking without light (the 4 TLs create very little heat) + cool morning temp 53*s, that I just might be wasting water and electricity. RH was 54%

Tent temps now 65*. After running the humidifier for 5 minutes, RH quickly rose to 75%, which may be too high for the ambient temperature, as ideal RH range is ~ 75%, but that's when temp is between 75-85*, so it's likely a sliding scale. Dunno, but will investigate.

Seems like 5/5 o/o keeps the RH in a good zone but that will change when ambient temp/RH are higher

After taking today's pics (look at all the new leafs) I decided to move the now 3"+ seedling to the front. First pic is with fog

Damn, the temp monitor is barely readable- RH 64%, AB was ~ 66*s

IMG 3263
IMG 3264
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The weather has warmed up 20*s+ which mean the humidifier does not need to be on very long or as often to maintain 70+ RH

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

OK guys. I'll try to remember when I take pics Thursday, but it's not much to look at. I have a 8 tube fixture that I can run 2 at a time, which is great for vegging ~ 10 young plants. I also have 4 flowering tubes, but they're not connected until flower, although I will probably add 1-2 at the onset of pistils

In the mean time another cracked seed is ~ 1/2" out f the ground

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Mystery solved. Turns out the seeds are either AfGooey or AK47. Packets weren't marked, either one, it should be fun

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Bummer. I managed to run the humidifier over night, which soaked the crap out of the coco. Seeds may have drowned. I removed them and put into starter cubes but not hopeful

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Here's a couple pics of the TL LED tubes + bunch of developing leafs, and then there's this:

When taking pics first thing this morning...

Notice anything missing?

Seems I need to fire my guard crab

Still don't see it?

Fucking palmetto bugs must have incredible smell and tracking devices

This is the second time they have eaten my seedlings. Confirmed when I saw one last time crawling toward the plants

So, one batch of either AFGooey or AK47 gone:mad:

IMG 3267
IMG 3268
IMG 3269
IMG 3266
Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Damn! I, for one, could use a lot more time to Edit

I tossed 6 Bubblegum X BC Bud #2 ( Bx1) into structured water + TappinRoot + a couple drops H2O2. Anybody know what BC Bud #2 is?

Last edited:
keiksweat

keiksweat

What you mean by structured water? Frequency adjusted? Magnetized,the one that runs over different round spheres mimicking rocks at the bottom if a river?I've read a lot in this,really interesting stuff.me thinks that there is a thread on here in fact.wounder about ya seedlings bro..

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

What you mean by structured water? Frequency adjusted? Magnetized,the one that runs over different round spheres mimicking rocks at the bottom if a river?I've read a lot in this,really interesting stuff.me thinks that there is a thread on here in fact.wounder about ya seedlings bro..

All the above

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Can
Could ya put pics up lad,lets have a look.like I say,this stuff really interest's me.were did you buy your unit?

Are you not able to see the numerous pictures beginning with the first post?

I bought storage totes and used a 3" hole saw to open holes in the lid. For the shallow water culture, I use a 13L+ air pump and 4 @ 4" air stones

For my F & D I bought bulkhead fittings from marine hardware + a ~ 250 gph low pressure pump, and of course 1/2" tubing

IMG 2385
IMG 2383
Bubble Set Up for Seedlings 002
Top Bottom