4 oz grove bag molded after 2 weeks

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i been curing my stuff in grove bags . i chopped and let this stuff dry inside my tent for 6 days then i let it sit in a brown paper bag for 2 days until the humidifier in the bag said rh was 52 then on 7/11 i put my stuff in grove bags 1 of my bags with 4 oz in it is now molded i just looked in this bag 3 days ago and no mold , today u see the pics , i been keeping it in the box you see under my bed there is an ac on all the time in the room but last few days even with ac temps been 78 degress in my bed room i took the rest out of grove bags and put in a brown paper bag , a couple questions i have
1 the small pile with a few buds i see no mold could i still smoke that or should i throw it away ?
2 do i need to throw it away could be used for bubble hash ?
3 does this mean the buds were still wet when i put them in the bags or does this just happen sometimes
4 what mistake did i make
IMG 20220728 211812100
IMG 20220728 211816943
IMG 20220728 211824246
IMG 20220728 212009508

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Nice buds but it looks like you put buds in grove bag too soon. When you looked in bag three days ago and saw no mold did you dump out entire bag to check down deep. Also smell test then would have told you something. You may be able to spread out a couple ok buds to check for mold and if clear dry them further for smoking. I’ve never tried to make bubble hash from moldy buds but it might be possible. Personally I’d trash the moldy buds and chock it up to learning experience.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Nice buds but it looks like you put buds in grove bag too soon. When you looked in bag three days ago and saw no mold did you dump out entire bag to check down deep. Also smell test then would have told you something. You may be able to spread out a couple ok buds to check for mold and if clear dry them further for smoking. I’ve never tried to make bubble hash from moldy buds but it might be possible. Personally I’d trash the moldy buds and chock it up to learning experience.
when i looked the other day i weighed the weed so yea took it all out and unfluffed it

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

out of all the bags that was the only one with mold

growsince79

growsince79

i been curing my stuff in grove bags . i chopped and let this stuff dry inside my tent for 6 days then i let it sit in a brown paper bag for 2 days until the humidifier in the bag said rh was 52 then on 7/11 i put my stuff in grove bags 1 of my bags with 4 oz in it is now molded i just looked in this bag 3 days ago and no mold , today u see the pics , i been keeping it in the box you see under my bed there is an ac on all the time in the room but last few days even with ac temps been 78 degress in my bed room i took the rest out of grove bags and put in a brown paper bag , a couple questions i have
1 the small pile with a few buds i see no mold could i still smoke that or should i throw it away ?
2 do i need to throw it away could be used for bubble hash ?
3 does this mean the buds were still wet when i put them in the bags or does this just happen sometimes
4 what mistake did i make
View attachment 1265970View attachment 1265971View attachment 1265972View attachment 1265973
Chance are the plant was infected while it was still growing. At the first stage it's impossible to see without a scope. If it's dried fast, you might never even know it's there. Put it in a jar too soon and you see what happens. Don't trust hygrometers either.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Chance are the plant was infected while it was still growing. At the first stage it's impossible to see without a scope. If it's dried fast, you might never even know it's there. Put it in a jar too soon and you see what happens. Don't trust hygrometers either.
there was no mold while it was growing im sure of that this is the zkittles its been cut for a month

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

its been hot with high humidity here the last few days i was thinking that was the reason my window a/c arent doing that much to cool things down during the day

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree there was absolutely mold before. Spores do bot permeate the bags. You cant see early infections without a microscope. That dry time was likely not near enough to pull the moisture from the bud.

Sure it may have read 52% but its likely the moisture in the middle of the bud was high and the outside was dry then as it was drawn out boom.

That is why a slow dry is important to evenly dry the buds and not have then wet inside and dry on the outside

Last edited:
Top Bottom