4 oz grove bag molded after 2 weeks

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Yeah some strains like say white widow are very resistant and some are much more prone. Unfortunately in newer genetics its not as tested and weeded out.

Silica can help prevent infection as can some foliar treatments.
Lots of the new stuff is bred wrong imo. Some people breeding want super dense buds covered in frost. They cross 2 dense frosty hybrids and sell seeds for $40 each.

Alb

Alb

i been curing my stuff in grove bags . i chopped and let this stuff dry inside my tent for 6 days then i let it sit in a brown paper bag for 2 days until the humidifier in the bag said rh was 52 then on 7/11 i put my stuff in grove bags 1 of my bags with 4 oz in it is now molded i just looked in this bag 3 days ago and no mold , today u see the pics , i been keeping it in the box you see under my bed there is an ac on all the time in the room but last few days even with ac temps been 78 degress in my bed room i took the rest out of grove bags and put in a brown paper bag , a couple questions i have
1 the small pile with a few buds i see no mold could i still smoke that or should i throw it away ?
2 do i need to throw it away could be used for bubble hash ?
3 does this mean the buds were still wet when i put them in the bags or does this just happen sometimes
4 what mistake did i make
View attachment 1265970View attachment 1265971View attachment 1265972View attachment 1265973

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lots of the new stuff is bred wrong imo. Some people breeding want super dense buds covered in frost. They cross 2 dense frosty hybrids and sell seeds for $40 each.
Yeah alot is chucking these days and thats no inust to breeders its just not done as well as it used to be imo. Im no breeder but they used to spend a lot of time breeding out poor traits many of the popular old strains had years and years of work put into them.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah alot is chucking these days and thats no inust to breeders its just not done as well as it used to be imo. Im no breeder but they used to spend a lot of time breeding out poor traits many of the popular old strains had years and years of work put into them.
Nothin agains pollen chuckers, I'm guilty as hell. But I don't sell seeds. I don't even give them away until I've grown a few. The ones that are subpar don't get bred or the seeds get thrown away. I do notice, the prettiest plant is never the best.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nothin agains pollen chuckers, I'm guilty as hell. But I don't sell seeds. I don't even give them away until I've grown a few. The ones that are subpar don't get bred or the seeds get thrown away. I do notice, the prettiest plant is never the best.
Haha yeah it often the ones that are a pita to grow

Alb

Alb

i been curing my stuff in grove bags . i chopped and let this stuff dry inside my tent for 6 days then i let it sit in a brown paper bag for 2 days until the humidifier in the bag said rh was 52 then on 7/11 i put my stuff in grove bags 1 of my bags with 4 oz in it is now molded i just looked in this bag 3 days ago and no mold , today u see the pics , i been keeping it in the box you see under my bed there is an ac on all the time in the room but last few days even with ac temps been 78 degress in my bed room i took the rest out of grove bags and put in a brown paper bag , a couple questions i have
1 the small pile with a few buds i see no mold could i still smoke that or should i throw it away ?
3 does this mean the buds were still wet when i put them in the bags or does this just happen sometimes
View attachment 1265970View attachment 1265971View attachment 1265972View attachment 1265973
I've only dryed on fishing line until the branches are extremely brittle when snapped, spacing adequately to allow for air circulation, trimmed in a big disinfected ( with sprayed and wiped with 99% isopropyl alcohol) cauldron even the driest flowers with rehydrate to less than a worrying level of moisture, if anything can rehydrate later to a minimum degree. I only have cured in sterilized 1 litre (quart) wide mouth mason jars. Sterilized in dishwasher hot setting, dry in dishwasher. Being sure to open half full jars not compacted flower once a day and depending on moisture content dictating length time to leave lid off for gassing <<<<---- (my terminology will most likely not find in methods of madness of curing cannabis) off of terpenes that are curing to desired taste flavor available to individual strain, for minimum of 30 days in jars flushing plants for minimum 10 days to 14 days, straight RO water or tap not much difference in flavor taste either water the higher ph of some tap water or more neutral ph 6 or lower will eventually in flushing leave water alkaline or acid in either case making most nutrients remaining in growing medium fall out of availability. I initially flush each plant before the 10 days to 14 days in laundry sink with alkaline tap water or RO water paying attention to initial leachate dissolved salts numbers collected of nutrient water flush at the bottom of pot and comparing it to source water, ie initial flush water from tap alkaline as hell 300 ppm desired initial flush just slightly over 300-> 320 340 ppm. RO water will be quite low ppm and same principle used eg. RO water 40 ppm after flushing and doing several test of leachate through process paying attention to declining ppm numbers. In 30 + years of growing I have never had any cannabis mold ever using this method and the taste and smell one year after being in the jar dry as a popcorn fart smell and taste as good as when it was finally cured. I only use a vaporizer and with this method can taste the difference in even large cannabis corporations product to be severely inferior. Harpy safe growing~~~~

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've been worried about that myself, I have a hydrometer in each bag and I'm rotating through them for my daily smoke. Yesterday I opened a bag and it was @ 69% yikes I put bag and weed into my drying box and left it open until it dropped below 60% then resealed it...this am its at 62%....I opened and checked them all and 2 were at 64% so they are in my dry box now. I had them all between 58% & 62% originally. I'm going to get some of the 62% humidity packs this week to toss in the bags.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I use grove bags extensively. I dry until my wood moisture meter reads between 10 - 12% before I heat seal my bags closed to cure for a month.

To achieve that 10 - 12% I may dry between 1 to 2 weeks at an rh of 60% and temps as close to 60 degrees as I can get. Sometimes I sweat them in paper or a grove bag depending on how fast they are drying on the outside, but in the end that bag doesn’t get sealed until my meter is 10 - 12% moisture. Perfect cure every time.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Very few put out IBL's in regular form,someone will just make knockoffs and make more money than the breeder.

mancorn

mancorn

I've been worried about that myself, I have a hydrometer in each bag and I'm rotating through them for my daily smoke. Yesterday I opened a bag and it was @ 69% yikes I put bag and weed into my drying box and left it open until it dropped below 60% then resealed it...this am its at 62%....I opened and checked them all and 2 were at 64% so they are in my dry box now. I had them all between 58% & 62% originally. I'm going to get some of the 62% humidity packs this week to toss in the bags.
I’ve noticed the Grove bag zip lock seals will separate from the bag if used a lot. (And easy not to notice.) So think it’s better to take out a supply for daily smoke, so you’re not opening the bags daily.

I’ve soured on the humidity packs (after using for a few years). The primary purposes of the Grove is to keep the humidity constant so you don’t need the packs. For sure you’ll want to be checking for the first month or two, but mine seem to be doing the job nicely long term.

2Bad

2Bad

Mine haven't molded...yet... But one tip I have for you is trim and remove from stems before grove bags. The stems will hold more moisture then the buds. @Aqua Man when the middle moisture of the buds come out doesn't it even out in the bag? You would notice a rise in humidity too right? i'm nervous lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Mine haven't molded...yet... But one tip I have for you is trim and remove from stems before grove bags. The stems will hold more moisture then the buds. @Aqua Man when the middle moisture of the buds come out doesn't it even out in the bag? You would notice a rise in humidity too right? i'm nervous lol
There are limits but yes. Like you cant put wet buds in. They should have even moisture before going in

Madbud

Madbud

Drying, what is it? When the water is gone, right, no water, no mold. Weigh your bud while it dries. When it stops losing weight the water has all evaporated, they never lose weight curing.
1BED2A98 6F36 4181 8EBC 1C4C228689E9

2Bad

2Bad

Drying, what is it? When the water is gone, right, no water, no mold. Weigh your bud while it dries. When it stops losing weight the water has all evaporated, they never lose weight curing
My question is what about people using a moisture meter people like there's at 10-13%

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Moisture meter is only good if using the right settings and even then its not perfect. Eg soft wood, hardwood, drywally.

It will get you close i believe on softwood setting.

Fact: if you finish the dry at 60% and low 60f you do not need to worry about over drying and can hang longer without risk of over drying to ensure you have a nice even dry….

During a cure the moisture in the bud SHOULD BE EVEN. If its not you are trying to dry in bags designed for curing.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

And snapping branches, using paper bags, and don’t forget taco chips and apple slices😂 First its a meter, 10%, maybe. Weight doesn’t leave room for error. The “moisture” isn’t water, its trich jizz.
I do paper bag when I want to sample,sometimes in a nuker if I have a lot of plants growing to select, at harvest time I hang them in a dark room until the point of snap then put it in a container and cut leaves off a live mother plant to put some moisture back in, I also never remove the trim leaves till I'm ready to smoke it,that way they protect the flowers when they touch each other and the trichromes stay on the buds instead of being rubbed off.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Moisture meter is only good if using the right settings and even then its not perfect. Eg soft wood, hardwood, drywally.

It will get you close i believe on softwood setting.

Fact: if you finish the dry at 60% and low 60f you do not need to worry about over drying and can hang longer without risk of over drying to ensure you have a nice even dry….

During a cure the moisture in the bud SHOULD BE EVEN. If its not you are trying to dry in bags designed for curing.
Mine is set on soft wood. The reason I mentioned my use of paper bags is for even drying. Sometimes I don’t use paper and just use a grove bag and burp it until I get 10 - 12%. It works well and my buds cure perfect. Grove also recommends this method.

Latest posts

Top Bottom