4 X 4 First Run With Photo-period Strains

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I did about 25 knife cuts. Drainage is good especially with coco and perlite. And I am living proof that YOU CAN DOO EEET. I got 8 oz from an auto grow which is keeping my house in weed for 4 to 6 months while i photo the shit out of some plants :D

gwheels

gwheels

Ok they can sprout in dirt. I like to do the paper towel thing until they have a sprout so i know they are not dead (but my white widow did ok seed only). I have found the secrets are ...
Don't overwater
Don't starve them of water
Calm down....the shit can grow.
And read a lot online, on this forum about what to expect and how it grows.
Beyond that even a fucktard can grow it. But a master gets a gram a watt or better :D

jipp

jipp

Ok they can sprout in dirt. I like to do the paper towel thing until they have a sprout so i know they are not dead (but my white widow did ok seed only). I have found the secrets are ...
Don't overwater
Don't starve them of water
Calm down....the shit can grow.
And read a lot online, on this forum about what to expect and how it grows.
Beyond that even a fucktard can grow it. But a master gets a gram a watt or better :D

been there done that. iv read more than enough grow threads, just have to apply the knowledge. laughs. but somethings are just not mention.. like holes in the cup..
and light height etc.. you know simple shit.. unfortunately, iv never grown a damn thing in my life. laughs. ( so even with all this great info, some of it still gonna be trial and error.. just hopefully not too much. heh)
hope you are having a great day.

chris.

gwheels

gwheels

Light height you have to search for. It is very dependent on the source. with my cobs i start them about 4 feet and then get them to about 2 feet. And when in flower who cares as long as they don't burn :D. They look crispy and shit if its too close. For a regular light I have no idea. BUT I will probably get a 315 or two to build a room in my garage. I have a compressor plug that is 230 volt 20 amp and I will get that converted to 110 and a lot of ability in the summer :d

jipp

jipp

Light height you have to search for. It is very dependent on the source. with my cobs i start them about 4 feet and then get them to about 2 feet. And when in flower who cares as long as they don't burn :D. They look crispy and shit if its too close. For a regular light I have no idea. BUT I will probably get a 315 or two to build a room in my garage. I have a compressor plug that is 230 volt 20 amp and I will get that converted to 110 and a lot of ability in the summer :d

i think i missed it did you mention what cob you have? i have a small one ill be using.
pro led 280 cob.. i need two for my tent, its meant for a 3x3 tent.. i have a 2x4x5.
one will get me by for the 5 plants im gonna give a shot growing.
chris.

ps.
but you are right, ill be re reading some of them old grow threads again, along with new.. now i can apply what i learn at the same time instead of just being theory.

gwheels

gwheels

Now it is a lot cleaner in there. The plants are thriving. I will think about flipping the switch in 2 weeks after I see how big they get. I will try and even out the growth with some further topping if needed. It is pretty amazing how fast they grow in veg. They love the coco with autopots :)

IMG 20170301 083541
gwheels

gwheels

I think you should have more time to change a pic unless it is related to a solo cup contest. :) They look better under cob light. I am scared of dicking around with the light with them being photos. The last pics the light was off because they were in their dark period. After doing some research I will let them veg until they hit 16 inches and then i will flip it. I will top the two king tuts as needed so the jack and WW can catch up.

I have no idea of the stretch of AK47, Jack Herer and White Widow but we will find out when they hit 16 inches. :)

The two tuts (ak47) are at 12 inches from the pot already :p

On the pots i drilled little holes on the container lip so i can do some LST a bit but I have a 6 1/2 foot tent and the light needs 12 inches at flower (and I need 6 inches total for the light.

Containers are about 12 inches.

So I have about 4 feet of total plant grow room. And that should work no problem. Pure sativas can go outside this summer. I will stick to hybrids. Look at the indica like leaves on that AK47. Ruderalis is not just for autos. It is used for King Tut to reduce the flower time but I am pretty sure they put kush in the genetics because any sativa I ever grew had really thin leaves.

I can't wait to flip it in 2 to 4 weeks.

And this not watering them every day thing is really making me feel good.

This summer i am putting 2-20 amp breakers in the garage and I will build an 8 x 3 foot room. I am going to run the MCOB beside a 315 CML light. I will sell the tent and run that instead. I love the tent but the garage is a better place for it :)

I will get 4 more pots and run them all on one reservoir close to the door of the room. Once a week feed/water is something I can get used to.

All the watering wands in the world will not convince me otherwise.

IMG 20170301 135650
IMG 20170301 135235
Last edited:
gwheels

gwheels

Back to weekly review Friday pics. Everything is trucking along great. I think the autopots are my best investment yet. No more overwatering by me.

And the two tuts are about as big as that auto that is almost done. But wow the bud on that auto is dense. It is like my forearm. I think it might be my personal best auto. I am stuck on about 30 grams per except for the raw diesel that went quite a bit higher than that.

IMG 20170303 142322
IMG 20170303 142316
Last edited:
jipp

jipp

i think that will be my biggest problem.. since its so dry here.. ill always be worried they are to dry. hah..

also, i say fuck it LST solo cuP!

justiceman

justiceman

Looking so good in those autopots man! Very very nice. It's such a simple system and that's why it works so well. No worrying about pumps failing either. hahahaha man can't wait to see this progress more.

gwheels

gwheels

I had to top up the water today. 5 gallons of RO water with the general hydro trio at 5 4 5 ML per gallon (micro bloom grow). And some Calmag (1.5 ml per gallon).

What is really weird is when all of that churns up the PH is 5.8 so i do not need to adjust it (600 PPM after it was topped up and all nutes added).

When i was doing the autos 1 gallon at a time it was a constant battle to keep the PH in check but I was using organic nutes and I think it is easier to keep 14 gallons dialed in over 1 gallon.

I think it is dialed in. I will refrain from daily pics but wow it is ridiculous how well they are growing. I did some LST and they are already about 18 inches in diameter and 12 to 18 inches high. And my tent stinks already. It could be that quarter pounder auto which is close (50 50 milky/clear trichs no amber) but I think even the AK47 is stinking it up. 6 inch charcoal filter is awesomeness.

I will flip the switch this coming weekened. I have no barometer to go by so it will take a grow or two to understand the stretch etc. :) But they are vibrant and green. BEST GROW EVER !!!

justiceman

justiceman

I had to top up the water today. 5 gallons of RO water with the general hydro trio at 5 4 5 ML per gallon (micro bloom grow). And some Calmag (1.5 ml per gallon).

What is really weird is when all of that churns up the PH is 5.8 so i do not need to adjust it (600 PPM after it was topped up and all nutes added).

When i was doing the autos 1 gallon at a time it was a constant battle to keep the PH in check but I was using organic nutes and I think it is easier to keep 14 gallons dialed in over 1 gallon.

I think it is dialed in. I will refrain from daily pics but wow it is ridiculous how well they are growing. I did some LST and they are already about 18 inches in diameter and 12 to 18 inches high. And my tent stinks already. It could be that quarter pounder auto which is close (50 50 milky/clear trichs no amber) but I think even the AK47 is stinking it up. 6 inch charcoal filter is awesomeness.

I will flip the switch this coming weekened. I have no barometer to go by so it will take a grow or two to understand the stretch etc. :) But they are vibrant and green. BEST GROW EVER !!!

Ya you touched on two key points. Organic solutions do not have a stable pH and small bodies of water have a less stable pH

Your larger reservoir and use of hydoponic nutrients explain the awesome pH stability you have attained. Great oberservation sir.

gwheels

gwheels

Friday pic. I just flipped the lights. The autopots are going through about 5 gallons of water a week. One weekly top up of nute water. The two king tuts are getting large so I figured it was time.

I did no larf triming or anything. They were topped a lot to keep them short while the smaller two caught up a bit. I think they will be the biggest plants I have grown.

IMG 20170310 082917
gwheels

gwheels

What i also like about the autopots and the awesome suggestion of running a pump, not an air stone 15 minutes every 2 hours is the solution tank is nice and cool. I do not need a water chiller. And wow they are growing. They passed the height of that auto in the back. I just wish the 2 sour kush had of survived so all 4 would be the same size but it will still be a bumper crop. And I have never tried white widow or jack herer so i am looking forward to that. I have a lot of white russian in jars so i think AK47 is similar (it is white widow X AK47). We shall see in 90 to 100 days lol

justiceman

justiceman

What i also like about the autopots and the awesome suggestion of running a pump, not an air stone 15 minutes every 2 hours is the solution tank is nice and cool. I do not need a water chiller. And wow they are growing. They passed the height of that auto in the back. I just wish the 2 sour kush had of survived so all 4 would be the same size but it will still be a bumper crop. And I have never tried white widow or jack herer so i am looking forward to that. I have a lot of white russian in jars so i think AK47 is similar (it is white widow X AK47). We shall see in 90 to 100 days lol
hell ya man the recirculation pump for 15min every 2 hours is such a heat saver! I have not had white widow in a long time but jack herer is so damn good man. So damn good.

gwheels

gwheels

The pic is a bit early. It is not so easy to get to the tent this week. But the solution tank is full. The PH is 5.8 the PPM is 600 and this is day 6 of 12-12. It is stretching and filling in nicely. Steady as she goes. This week i will add another fan so i can circulate two heights.

IMG 20170316 205030
Top Bottom