• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

I'm late to the party but you got some nice work going man..good stuff lol

gwheels

gwheels

1 week later. I plucked the yellow leaves and found out my new RO water is alkaline water so the ph starts higher. I was at 6.2 in the reservoir and now I am back to 5.8 PH :) Everything is running as it should. And the new rules say we can grow 4 per household with no limit on height. I am going forward with my 6 x 8 x 8 feet high drywall room in the garage this summer. :D

The light is a little weird to the top right because I had a mars 48 reflector just sitting around so i put it on the back right.

Next round I am am going to grow with my 315 CMH and no supplemental. I have personal to last even if i screw it up so i will do 3 plants and do them well :D. More room than 4 and I have lots of hose to make it work with my watering system.

IMG 20170413 200259
IMG 20170413 200219
gwheels

gwheels

Thursday pic because friday is hectic this week. Day 31 of flower. The humidity is at 60% because it is raining cats and dogs but it does usually hover at 45 to 50%. 5.9 ph this week and 700 ppm for the nutes

IMG 20170420 180554
IMG 20170420 180559
IMG 20170420 180607
IMG 20170420 180613
IMG 20170420 180622
IMG 20170420 180631
gwheels

gwheels

I think I have some light PM. I sprayed with H2O2 and PH10 water and the water turned an orange colour. I will keep checking it out. Next round I am going to get fans that reset when the power interrupts from thunder storms. Also I have to trim their legs in that tent or it will always be a problem. It is very light PM i think where the air flow was poor at the back corner of the tent. The King Tut has candy cane trichs already. I think it is only 2 or 3 weeks from finished which is crazy fast flower time. This morning the plants look fine too so the H2O2 didnt hurt them one bit :D

gwheels

gwheels

Day 39 of flower. I will let the reservoir run down this time and phase out the cal mag suplement on the next fill. The charcoal filter is having trouble keeping up with the odor. 60 to 65% humidity. I think the king tut will be ready at day 60. The jack herer is about 30 days longer and the white widow should be in the middle

IMG 20170428 222904
IMG 20170428 222935
IMG 20170428 222928
IMG 20170428 222923
IMG 20170428 222919
IMG 20170428 222914
gwheels

gwheels

The h202 is keeping the PM at the same level. I spray them with a 50 50 solution of 3% h202 every 4 days. The solution runs off now with no yellow or orange tinge to it. I think to be sure I will wash my harvest like it shows in that movie and then dry it. I am drawing up my grow room plans and the drywall room is going to have grates for air intake that will use a hepa house air filter (i will make slot to hold them). I have also ordered a dehumdifier to get my basement drier, something like 45% to 50% RH would be better. If the air is 60% RH the tent is too. I will make the environment not good for pm to grow and the problem will be solved. I think i might run 2 6 inch filters in the room too. I can turn the 2nd on if necessary to get more air flow.

I have a spare 6 inch filter that I will swap out after this grow (And I am cleaning that tent really well). I might do one more round in the tent but after that it will be the new room. I have a heater and will have the dehumdifier. If necessary i will get a little portable AC unit too.

PM would make me feel bad but....wow I am still learning tons of stuff. I understand better how RH can screw things up. I am grateful for the people on this site that said putting it in the cold room is a bad idea. It is 70% RH out there most days. I trimmed some larf off 4 weeks ago and put it on a cardboard box lid in the cold room. It is still damp and it smells like moldy hay. So that room would not have worked.

I also learned that plant density is not great for an enclosed space. They need room to breath. And shave their legs if you are dense in the space.

I have been pruning crap stuff off to free up some space and it is a lot better in the tent now.

Next grow will only be 2 plants so they have some room to grow.

And after that it is 4 plants at a time forever.

gwheels

gwheels

The king tut and the white widow are 53 to 60 day finishers. I believe it. I am at day 44 and i think tonight I am going to change my autopots to direct feed the ones that are not quite ready and hand water the 2 that need just water. The PM issue is a pain in the ass but it does not like the h202 so we are doing ok. And that Jorge Cervantes washing the weed in h202 video has left me feeling great about it. I know what caused it and I will grow smarter next round. And it is not a total loss and that is good. There is a lot of stanky weed in that tent at the moment. The filter is getting rid of about 99% of the odor but that 1% still makes me smile when i go in the basement. lol.

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Hi Gwheels, glad you're doing ok... PMsounds like a pain in the ass...
I'm 20 days from cutting down my King tut.. She looks so good I can not wait! Makes my mouth water..
I'm going to stick a knife through the base of the stem on one of them the day before... supposed to make the plant go into overdrive on the oil front..
Also going to run 4 degrees Celsius water for last 24 hours to see how much of an affect it has..
I'll take some pics later and upload!

gwheels

gwheels

Chop was today. 101 days from seed drop and 59 days from flower flip

The only plant effected by PM was the Jack Herer and it was not very bad at all. I did a H2O2 wash and rinse on 3 of the plants and hung them in my tent. One of the King Tuts looked fine so it is just drying out the old fashioned way. I will see what the difference is in flavour from a wash vs a normal dry.
The fan will blow on them to dry off the water and then i will just use the scrubber to move the air and let it dry slow. The tent is 68 degrees and 55% RH. The two king tuts were monsters compared to what I have grown before. Nice dense bud structure too. Trichs on the King Tut were 20% amber, on the white widow they were all 50 50 milky clear and on the jack herer about the same.

Next grow I will do 2 plants and give them more room to grow. I will do it in the fall when the RH gets more reasonable. I can plunk some autos outside for the summer anyway and I don't think i will run out :D

IMG 20170518 094304
gwheels

gwheels

I can not believe that one plant grew so many buds. :o One of the king tuts had 32 bud branches and the other had 24. That knowledge came from the THC farmer and all of the posts I have read and all of the people I follow. Thanks you guys !!!

I didnt even know what topping a plant was. Hell I didnt know what autoflowers were and I bought those first because it sounded faster. And it was by about 30 days but...they do not yield like a photo can. Strength wise I will let you know in 2 weeks when I sample the first bit.

I did break off a branch a week before i started a ph water flush. I dried it out and tried it out Other than it tasting like shit (which helped me understand I needed to flush with water) it was stronger than the white russian auto I grew (Trans Siberian from speed seeds). And that auto claimed it is the strongest. So I would imagine at 20% amber the King Tut will be crippling. My kind of weed !

That trans siberian is delicous by the way. And I still have 2 oz of that in my personal blue jar :D

I think I have passed newb territory and need more experience to become better at it. Lets see how much better I get over the next year.

Don't worry. Every now and then something goes stupid and I realize that I am no expert but I do know I can still harvest something.

I am going away for a week and will check next Friday to see if it is ready for jars. I have 6 blue mason jars that hold 1 quart each. I usually fit about 2 oz per quart jar so I am hoping it fills them. We go through about 1 oz a month so we are good for a long while now. I had a couple of popcorn buds of the king tut just hanging around in the garage. Today i crushed one up with my fingers and it smells like heaven. I think I am going to love the flavor of the king tut. Which is good it is about 75% of the haul. lol

Last edited:
snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Nice work... the last few of my tuts were trimmed up yesterday..
can't wait for them to be ready!
Last time they were soooo potent..
I'm running S8 next which is a white rhino strain..
Already got them lined up as you see in the pics :)

IMG 2474
IMG 2476
gwheels

gwheels

Everything is trimmed.
King Tut came in at 238 grams for 2 plants
White widow totaled 31 grams
Jack Herer totaled 25 grams. The last two plants were dwarfed by the king tut taking up the whole tent.
Total 271 grams or 9.6 oz. A new personal best for me.

The Jack Herer smell really surprised me. It smells like when my dog got sprayed by a skunk and jumped on me. And it is the strongest sativa I have ever smoked. I am growing more of this.

They are all pungent and sticky. That is a great thing.

gwheels

gwheels

The Jack Herer is still curing BUT.....holy fuck batman that shit is STRONG !!!

I wish I had a tent full of it.

:)

The white widow and king tut are no slouch but that Jack is really crazy. I can not remember the last time I smoked a doob that made me high over 2 hours. And I am not a newb. I think everyone should grow some Jack Herer.

And the skunk in the face smell is lessening as it cures. Now it is still pretty skunky but it also has a little citrus note and some earthiness to it now.

I am growing more of that next round because it is my new favorite of all time. Every grow I have a new favorite. Having 8 strains in jars still makes me giggle.

ahemait

ahemait

Hey I'm just finishing my first run!

Looking good cuz, looking good.

I'm super excited to start a bunch of new strains myself. I'm totally jelly.

That king tut looks great. Really nice flower structure.

gwheels

gwheels

close to 8 oz of king tut from 2 plants from a newb like me.

I love me some white russian but the king tut is pretty stellar too :D

2 oz and all of my trim is cooking in 1 pound of coconut oil right now in my garage. It better be crippling.....I am sure it will.

I went to my tattoo artist and gave him 3 cookies. I said I ate 2 before I got here. I am no judge of strength my tolerance is through the roof.

He said 1 cookie dummied him for 3 1/2 hours.

The 2 cookies made me bleed more but I felt nothing for a 3 hour tattoo session. I think i might have fallen asleep in the middle. lol

These cookies should be stronger :D

gwheels

gwheels

So the coconut oil is stronger. Wonderful actually. 2 tsp is about a 4 hour ride for me (6 hours for the lesser tolerance folks). I make my cookies dose out to 1 tsp per cookie so they can all gauge it accordingly.

And the aroma from the king tut, white widow and jack herer still blow my mind. I think I have gotten better at the drying and curing part because they smell stellar. And exactly how the strain should smell.

Pleased as punch and tickled pink I am. Try it you shall. Love it you will.

Next year I will help people grow the most flavorful weed they can. If they want to. 4 plants per house is a fine confine for personal use. I have proven it :D

Top Bottom