4 X 4 First Run With Photo-period Strains

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

Funny story....i checked the timer today and I need to wear glasses when i set it. I was on 14 10 for the last 2 weeks. The 12-12 started today. The tuts are massive. The stalks are the size of 50 cent pieces and they are now going through 5 gallons of water every 4 days. Time to start some flowering or i am going to run out of room lol. 12 weeks from now i will have a crop but it starts now :D

My 4 x 4 is 4 x 3 1/2 feet full. 4 plants can dooo eeet.

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Hi Gwheels
We both have king tut on the go... do you think it's better to have a high humidity environment for the tut or a low one??
I've read it's 80% sativa but can't find relative humidity info... any help would be appreciated as it's my first go in hydro after 1 go in coco...
thanks

gwheels

gwheels

I have no idea about humdity. The tent stays around 41 to 45% and it can live with it or else. Things are turning around well. It looks like they are setting buds finally now that the light has shifted. Today I bought a ridiculous RO water system because I need it for everything. You can run 50 gallons non stop if needed and it does a 1 to 1 good to waste ratio. 1300 is pricey but I am living here for the rest of my days and I drink water and carbonated water and green tea made with the water so now I will cook with it and everything :D And this is my weekly pic. Damn they are huge and looking the best of anything I have ever grown. I always had yellowing way before now. They are growing higher than the 13 gallon reservoir.

IMG 20170323 175244
IMG 20170323 175240
gwheels

gwheels

The tent is growing 4 plants in a square

White Widow King Tut

King Tut Jack Herer

The smaller ones are catching up nicely. They are a week behind the tuts do to seedicide.

The king tut is 60/40 Sativa/Indica The beans were very good 2/2 planted

White widow is 60/40 Indica Sativa 1/1 bean worked

Jack Herer is 90/10 Sativa Indica. 1/1 bean worked.

Good seeds make it a lot easier.

The next round I do will be heavily Indica because I will have enough sativa to last me until next year :)

gwheels

gwheels

Friday night the boy is on a sleepover and I am lollypopping the grow. I get what everyone is talking about. No air gets to the bottom and those stems are weak as shit. So I am trimming it all up and making it beauty for the next pic :D

the stalks are strong like trees but the little weird larfy buds have to go. I want to make easy to trim buds. I have a life

justiceman

justiceman

Friday night the boy is on a sleepover and I am lollypopping the grow. I get what everyone is talking about. No air gets to the bottom and those stems are weak as shit. So I am trimming it all up and making it beauty for the next pic :D

the stalks are strong like trees but the little weird larfy buds have to go. I want to make easy to trim buds. I have a life
You are certainly on the path to easy street with trimming. That's what I'm talking about! I need to get my canopy management game in check next cycle.

gwheels

gwheels

Today i put 2 oz and all my trim in a pound of coconut oil. I hope it is devestating I am 9 hours into an 18 hour sleeve tattoo and i like to eat a brownie when i get there. Because I can mentally push it away until that kicks in 100% of the time. 1 1/2 hours of not thinking about it....kicks in....3 1/2 hours of tattoo is no problem. So far I have a tiger and crane sleeve and we are working on the dragon and panther sleeve 4 hours more on Saturday coming. Shaolin 5 animal kung fu traditional. :D

justiceman

justiceman

Sounds awesome man! lol last time I used coconut oil "devastating" was exactly how strong it was:drunk:. Edibles get me pretty good:D. I don't know if it was the coconut oil. Maybe it absorbs more than butter no idea, but I think you won't be disappointed.

gwheels

gwheels

coconut oil is higher in saturated fat than butter. You can ram 4 oz of quality weed into 1 pound of coconut oil and it is ridiculously strong. I am going half as strong, butter maxes out at 2 oz per pound. :D I research a lot and it is true because I have done it before. All I know is my garage smells like weed cooking and in about 4 hours it will be done.

No fancy hardware even though it looks nice. No soy lecithin and no decarb bake. Next time i will try both of those things but i need something quick for tattoo on Saturday

justiceman

justiceman

Very interesting. Ah so things are starting to make sense why it was so strong. Thanks for bringing that to light. Ya i didn't do anything fancy either when I made it and it was extremely powerful.:cool:

gwheels

gwheels

I am getting old. Edibles are where it is at. I hit 50 this august and I am tired of vaping/smoking but i love the herb. My stash is down to 4oz but i can live with that for 9 weeks and then it will replenish. I might go 4 autos next time just for shits and giggles.

gwheels

gwheels

I have 40 seeds left for indoor use (4 x 10 crops = forever) and I have about 25 auto seeds left. I have to say auto kush ryder is the strongest i have had and it is wicked good. But the trans siberian (auto white russian) is pretty damned close :D

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I was thinking i might go to 16 colas on the strongest and 8 on the rest. :D @rmoltis is making me think different :)

:)

I just love me some colas.

After this round of flower.
If at the end you wish you had more colas. Increase them the next round until you find your tents sweet spot.

After a few rounds you will dial in the perfect amount for your space.

If you notice the flower sites are smaller or less in number than you want. you will increase your pot size and veg a tad longer next time.

gwheels

gwheels

Friday update
Day 11 of flower (12/12)
PH 5.8 TDS 600
Per gallon
Micro 4
Bloom 5
Grow 1
Calmag 2
koolbloom 1
coco/perlite 50 50 and 1 with coco/perlite/1inch rockwell cubes 1/3 per
10 gallons of water used this week

This is my first attempt at defoliating. A couple of things I realized. I should have probably stuck to two plants at this amount of veg. 2 of different but similar sized strains.. I think it is a bit crowded for the two smaller plants.

Wow those cookies i made are devastatingly strong. I LOVE THEM.

Here are the plants. The king tuts are the biggest plants i have ever grown next to the beans i grew this year where i used organic weed fertilizer to the point of insanity. :D And those little budlets stink like crazy. :)

Back to the defoliating. In the future i am removing all of that larf at veg too. I get what you mean now and why you should do it especially in a tent where air movement is not quiet the same as a bigger place. I can actually see under the plants now and they were branches like spaghetti.

I also put the root stopper disks in the wrong place. The roots were in one of my float systems. They are white like when I see a hydro pic and really healthy. I think they will all rebound. And if they don't I have lots of seeds.

22 cookies were made with 3/4 of a cup of coconut oil that was in my slow cooker for 15 hours because i forgot it was in the garage. it was 45 grams of white russian bud and all my trim with water and 1 pound of coconut oil. I will never use butter again and i got a 5 pound bottle at costco for 28 bucks canadian ;)

i have a question. Should i defoliate again? I cleaned it up a bit after i took the pic.

And I am officially no longer able to be coherant. The cookies were a huge success. And it is a wonderful sativa like high without any gut rot like a firecracker gives me. I am very impressed :D

IMG 20170331 193147
IMG 20170331 193133
IMG 20170331 191938
IMG 20170331 121545
Last edited:
Top Bottom