40' Shipping Container Nanolux Build

• Thread starter Cali clouds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I got some time to get shit done yesterday and today. I got the place powered up and one of the a/c's going. It could not have happened sooner it was 110 yesterday. Hanging lights tomorrow hopefully and going to get started on the drip system soon.

IMG 20160621 153445093
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I like the cheap easy building that is portable, and secure. You can't beat the security and to build a shed or anything else cost alot more. I'm in it about 4000 for the container, framing,insulation, and drywall. A tough shed is double that and less secure.
I also plan on moving in the next year and I can call a truck to pick this thing up and move it with my belongings inside and then drop it at the new place. A quick electrical service and some water and I will be back to work.
I have a old room running with 4 lights that are set up side by side like your place and I hate it. I'm only running 1 row of lights down one side and then I will have a 2" walkway down the other side. I gave up on trellis and use tomato cages so I can move the plants around to get to them.
I see any insulation inside that room. Is it inside another building? Those containers really roast with no insulation

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I like the cheap easy building that is portable, and secure. You can't beat the security and to build a shed or anything else cost alot more. I'm in it about 4000 for the container, framing,insulation, and drywall. A tough shed is double that and less secure.
I also plan on moving in the next year and I can call a truck to pick this thing up and move it with my belongings inside and then drop it at the new place. A quick electrical service and some water and I will be back to work.
I have a old room running with 4 lights that are set up side by side like your place and I hate it. I'm only running 1 row of lights down one side and then I will have a 2" walkway down the other side. I gave up on trellis and use tomato cages so I can move the plants around to get to them.
I see any insulation inside that room. Is it inside another building? Those containers really roast with no insulation

Yeah they are inside a warehouse double stacked. 2 Minisplits in them so heat isnt a problem. Also 750's vs 1k's because of the height. 1 side with a bigger isle will make life that much easier. The idea of being able to move them is prob the biggest selling point. Great in an industry where regulations can change on a dime.

Regardless man killer build. Best of luck. You seem to have it rocking.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Yeah they are inside a warehouse double stacked. 2 Minisplits in them so heat isnt a problem. Also 750's vs 1k's because of the height. 1 side with a bigger isle will make life that much easier. The idea of being able to move them is prob the biggest selling point. Great in an industry where regulations can change on a dime.

Regardless man killer build. Best of luck. You seem to have it rocking.

Thanks man, I would love to have a building with 12' ceilings and tons of space but like most people I don't always get what I want lol.
I was going to ask about the lights, i could see using tables and stands how you would need 750's. I'm putting pots right on that sloping floor so it gives me alot of head height, I get away with running at 1200w in the other room

Tank707

Tank707

Thanks man, I would love to have a building with 12' ceilings and tons of space but like most people I don't always get what I want lol.
I was going to ask about the lights, i could see using tables and stands how you would need 750's. I'm putting pots right on that sloping floor so it gives me alot of head height, I get away with running at 1200w in the other room
I wish I had 12' ceilings!! I have a 6'9" ceiling!! My canopy is only 28" off the ground!! Sucks but it's what I have to work with for the time being. Your build is awesome. I used to work in a set up similar to this

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Nice build, sir. Just got done revamping a room myself. How are you setting up the drain for your ac?

outinback

outinback

Sounds like a good setup. Man those things sure get hot out in the sun though. Plan on plenty of ac and ventilation. That white cool wall reflective paint would be a tremendous investment. Or build a canopy over it like a rv cover.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

It is all 2x6 framed and insulated. It is painted white, and I got it under some trees. I only have 1 a/c in it right now but once I harvest out my old room I'm taking the other 2 ton out of there, so I will have 4 tons for 6 lights and overheat protection on the lights. And yeah they get ridiculous hot if you don't do everything you mentioned, but it is really nice once built out

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Nice build bro what do you think about the nanolux? I just got a few of the 1200 watt duel 600.
I love the nanos. I replaced a burned out digital 1000 parabolic/hortilux in my old room with a single 1k nano and I have been running that for 2 runs.This is the first all d/e room I have built, I'm excited. What you think of those double 600's I almost bought a couple but said fuck it and went with the 1k's let us know how u like them

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I got a good day in today. I got one of the 100 gallon rezis in and plumbed up. I got the pump, filter, anti siphon, and all the valves plumbed up. Hopefully this place starts rapping up quick, the babies are chasing me down

IMG 20160623 164322929
IMG 20160623 164400358
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I love the nanos. I replaced a burned out digital 1000 parabolic/hortilux in my old room with a single 1k nano and I have been running that for 2 runs.This is the first all d/e room I have built, I'm excited. What you think of those double 600's I almost bought a couple but said fuck it and went with the 1k's let us know how u like them

Just a heads up man the Nano's burn out on us all the time. We run Gavis in the containers. Out of 8 containers w/ 12 in each we have had one go out. Now on the the Nano's DE's. 4 rooms 12k in each. Have had 9 go out so far since jan (currently 3 out). This is the old style (gold knob) and 3 of the new style (black knob) includes a slue of bulbs (Nano HPS DE bulbs. that being said have staggered DE MH's from them in 1 room with no problems so far). Also the 630 CMH's. After about 6 months or so have already had one of those go out. We have 1 room with 12k in Gavi's. 0 have gone out. Just to give ya a heads up. I rock single end digi nano's at home and have not had a problem with them yet. This is strictly DE's & CMH's. I try to inform people who are on the fence. If i'm buying DE's or CMH's. They wont have a the Nano name on them.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Sounds shitty. We will see what's up I know of a few big places running them and I haven't heard anything worse then gavitas. Texaskid says he has something like 40 gavitas and 40 nanos and says has seen no difference in failure rate. I have never been a fan of the plastic gavitas sockets or the vertical ballast.
But who knows all this shit is made in China. Maybe the 10 year old kid that assembled yours didn't do as good as the kid that put his together

Latest posts

Top Bottom