40' Shipping Container Nanolux Build

• Thread starter Cali clouds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wildill

Wildill

I love the nanos. I replaced a burned out digital 1000 parabolic/hortilux in my old room with a single 1k nano and I have been running that for 2 runs.This is the first all d/e room I have built, I'm excited. What you think of those double 600's I almost bought a couple but said fuck it and went with the 1k's let us know how u like them
I think there pretty neat but I really see once I have them up and running they still cover a 5x5 area so the idea of be able to run both Mh/Hps bulbs peaked my interest.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

I have 6 Nanolux in play now only one cycle but they seems to be a better product than most ballast in that price range. I have the OG ballast's 1000w for the HPS. I recently bought 8 of the cheap 100 buck ballasts off amazon for another garden and within 2 months all 8 burnt up. all these were the super cheap one's on Amazon, with no reset. On the other hand I have two ballasts that are like over 8 years old Phantoms never a problem with them. I was disappointed at the lack of any new software on the Nanolux website. The old software they have seems to work. Im in control of my ballast from my computer. I have the light tapper on and off. I have been happy so far with Nanolux.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

I run nanolux og ballast. have had 5 1000's for several years. ....no problems. Plugged one in when i first got em.....120 plug in 240 light controller and blew it up. Sent it back and had a new one in three days.
So what did you have to buy to change them over to work with 240. My ballast have like a little transformer thing like a laptop only place to unplug the cord is after that black box thing. Im adding light controller next. I know with most traditional ballast just pick up a new cord plug it in. If I did this with these the little transformer wouldnt be there. OR is there no need to change anything?

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

You shouldn't have to change anything with most digi ballasts. I use the 120v cords on all my ballasts and they work fine. I just get the good 20a outlets and wire them up 240v and plug them in.
All the lighting controllers suck ball sack unless you are using one of the new d/e controllers nano/gavita etc. I would recommend just building one it is pretty easy. If you can wire a 4 or 8 light controller into a panel then you can build your own with better quality parts for the same price or cheaper.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

they make a 120 and a 240 plug that fits into a light controller box. if you're going to run 240 ,you should get to 240 plugs
Did nano tell you thats what fried the ballast? Unless there is a different plug for the cord in the ballast (like the old magnetics) then the ballasts switch between 120 and 240 internally. We have been running 120 cords on 30 quantum's for 3 years and never had a issue

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

they make a 120 and a 240 plug that fits into a light controller box. if you're going to run 240 ,you should get to 240 plugs
I just looked at my new nano d/e's and they say on the side not to change cords from 240 to 120. I don't really see what the cord has to do with it but I don't think these ballasts will work on 120v hence why they don't want you to use a 120 plug but I really don't know. I have never had a issue with the 120v plugs in the past the quantum's don't care, we just change the neutral wire to the second leg of 240 when we wire the outlets and it has always worked fine. I guess new shit to learn with new products. Thanks for the heads uphttps://www.thcfarmer.com/community/members/r-dawg.74420/

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Sounds shitty. We will see what's up I know of a few big places running them and I haven't heard anything worse then gavitas. Texaskid says he has something like 40 gavitas and 40 nanos and says has seen no difference in failure rate. I have never been a fan of the plastic gavitas sockets or the vertical ballast.
But who knows all this shit is made in China. Maybe the 10 year old kid that assembled yours didn't do as good as the kid that put his together

Same warehouse.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Great build! The drip is clean and beautifully done of course! :happy:
Thank you. I try to keep it as simple as I can. It is easy to turn some PVC into a cluster fuck, seems like it is harder to make something simpler with less parts.
No new picks today hopefully tomorrow, I ran outa time.
I got my drain all done. I just used vinyl rain gutters in the past but they are pretty flimsy and bulky. This time I went with some 2" PVC the whole length of the floor. I used t's at the joints aiming down and bored some holes in the floor for the drains to stub through. Then I chopped the top half of the 2" PVC off and it made a bad ass sturdy drain. I will get some pics up tomorrow hopefully.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I havnt got to much done lately I keep pulled away but I got that drain all done the fans hung all the lights are up. I programmed the nccs, that is a cool lighting controller. I don't think you can beat it for $60. It is so nice to just plug the lights into a outlet with no timers or relays or any other b.s. I just got my irrigation timer I should have it wired and programmed tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to do a good clean and pick all the tools and nonsense up. I need to get a new dehu and then I'm just waiting for the old room to harvest so can jack my other a/c. I'm going to get the line set ran and the disconnect box set Cuz that room isn't coming down for a month, then it will be a quick swap. Until then I'm going to have to get by with 2 tons of air

IMG 20160630 164832727
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

More pics today. I went and got my fresh water rezi yesterday. $180 for a black 100 gallon with a lid and a 1" bulkhead, I was stoked. Ronco plastic is bad ass.
We got the second coat of epoxy down. This place is just a big white reflective tunnel. I like it

Major CBD

Major CBD

Looks like they are happy. And nobody even pays attention to these things. Everyone with a acre or more has a container or semi trailer in their back yard
There is a good 200 gallon reservoir underneath with about 10 tilapia. It's is a flood and drain Aquaponic set up right in the middle of downtown San Diego.

Top Bottom