42 Plants 1x1000 Watt Light:)

• Thread starter DesiretheFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

A6 Grower

Ya i still haven't seen what i'd like for the $ with LED's they work but not for the $

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

yeah no doubt you know your tent and what you've done with it before. take your 3 way meter outside and play around with it. if you put it in complete shade on a sunny day, it will measure the same light intensity that you have on the edge of your tent. so think of all those plants getting a half-level reading as being in the shade. that is where you increase your yield, by getting them out of the shade. the light reflected definitely helps, but it travels so far to get there, it is just a week reflection of light that has already diminished.

but i see you are trying to avoid increasing your wattage, my situation as well. i've seen LED's that actually work in the past year, but the cost is still a bitch. might buy a small one to throw in the corner of my tent. but something tells me i'm a sucker if i do.

That half way reading on the light meter is with a Mh and in the corner of the tent on top of 8 inch clones(which is a pretty good reading for MH if you've tested it without a tent) With the hps bulb the same spot would read almost max light, and thats almost at the floor, buds aren't even close to there!

P

Plinkerton

Hey thanks for the link!

Ya that looks like it would work quite well!

Do you know what pump size i should have for for my plant amount? I have a 256 gph but am not sure if that is enough pumpage?

I'm not sure what size you'd need.

I use little 1/4 inch tubing attached to bigger 1/2 inch poly pipe, and each pot gets it's own little hose. You can stick barbs into the thicker pipe, and attach the little tubes to it. It's really easy to work with.

It doesn't take much force to push water through, but I'm not sure of your size, because I use a 1hp pump which is MUCH to powerful, and then just restrict it with valves. I don't have to worry about back pressure or burning the pump up, because it's a commercial booster pump, which is made to put out constant pressure and different flows.

http://www.amazon.com/Grundfos-MQ3-45-96860195-Pressure-Booster/dp/B003TYGKLW

Expensive, but awesome. I got mine used for less than $200.

Anyway, experiment with that rain bird stuff. It's easy to piece it together and figure out what kinda system you want.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

i use a 70 gph pump to feed a tray with 10 plants in 3# root pots. cost me $11. be careful about using to much pressure. if the solution comes shooting out it will runoff quickly without really rinsing any salts. you want a good steady flow with solution pouring out.

i set up my irrigation exactly the same as plinkerton. cheap, easy, and gives you way more flexibility than pvc manifolds.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

i use a 70 gph pump to feed a tray with 10 plants in 3# root pots. cost me $11. be careful about using to much pressure. if the solution comes shooting out it will runoff quickly without really rinsing any salts. you want a good steady flow with solution pouring out.

i set up my irrigation exactly the same as plinkerton. cheap, easy, and gives you way more flexibility than pvc manifolds.

Thanks guys! ill be buying this stuff shortly, and it looks as if i already have the pump for it!

Heres an update on my tent:)

Humidity002
Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

thx. plinkerton ...

Use this type of stuff.

It's easy to work with, no tools required, and easy to give each pot it's own emitter. It's fairly cheap as well.

i found this one; since i already had a catalog of theirs i figured it might give folks more options to suit them.

THEY HAVE VIDEO's u can view also.

20north

get a botanicare table or........ make your own out of pond liner OMG do your self a favor holy shit. those root pots are flat so you can actaully get root rot from them sitting on the floor and a drip system is terrible for the root system it will be uneven and your roots wont nearly be as healthy as if they were flooded every day. if you are unable to think that through ... all you have to do is take a plywood and then take some 4x4's and make a tray.... or you can actually make it taller with different kinds of beams but ill leave that up to you:confused0054:

pond liner for the juice!!

A

A6 Grower

The root pots have individual trays under them that keep air flow and prevent root rot, so its not just flat on the ground. A tray would work well but im not a fan of flooding, i just dont think coco in root pots gets proper "rinsing" with the flood technique, but i havn't tried it, just from what others have said. Drip system un-even??? ya if you only use one dripper, we are debating on using a circle with 3 or so holes poked in it, for a nice even watering or actually getting a couple drippers for each plant, Holes would be alot cheaper and i think a dripper will plug alot quicker then a nice little hole. I also saw some "soaker hose" that's the 1/4 feed line size, its the kind of hose that you lay in your garden and it just slowly leaks water, but i dont know if it would water to slowly or not, it could be just perfect for pressure and what not with 40 plants 1 ring per plant all feeding off the one 258gph pump in a bucket/can/drum of some kind. We still need to hit the depot for parts, damn stoners lol

20north

doesnt sound like you have tried a whole lot of anything. your just stubborn man... you could flood and or drip them. do you know anything about coco run off? PH is 1/90th as important as PPM in COCO.. how do you plan on flushing them every week or 2? thats 4 gallons per pot if they are 2 gallon pots. can you fit 4 gallons of water in those saucers they are in? are you going to take them out one by one every week or so to flush out the salts? these are just the minimal requirements for coco from my read it sounds like your treating coco like soil.

like are you going to take a shower in your bedroom or in the shower? LOL rinsing LOL

soaker hoses dont work because the pressure is only at the part where the hose connects so you actually only get lots of water where the soaker hose starts out. I really dont know who told you trays are worse for the rinsing of the salts but I think your completely wrong I have used coco for 4 years and i have tried soooo many different ways.

the drippers will clog in about 3 weeks..... where is all this water going to GO?????????

It seems like your letting your 40 little babies get to your head lol what is going on here WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME FROM DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS. damnit you should be banned dude thats super lame...... and creepy and seems to be against the THCFARMER TOU.:hi

A

A6 Grower

SO MANY ACCOUNT?!?!!? :sign0065: its only two, lol and its two separate people dude, im his buddy/roommate, similiar setups/same spot. First off, why such an asswhole attitude? Maybe why that's why im not to tight with the farm? I was just stating thats what i've heard from people who have also used similiar setup with flood trays and ended up switching. Every setup is different man, shit don't work the same in every damn grow room. Flushing every week? Damn thats some unstable stuff you feeding, i flush maybe once a month if i feel a need too, ive had plants do just fine in coco with almost no actual flush till end of flower, i just give them fresh water over 4th watering maybe. I only flush shit when i fuck up and over nute or something like that

Second, im not stubborn but just getting started, ass, only got a couple years under me so i don't have your "Master coco" experience :hi But one day i hope to so i can tell people how wrong they are, and they are stubborn ass wholes.

PH is 1/90th as important as ppm huh?? Havn't had a PPM meter, just check my ph, I don't try and feed my plants like crack heads just go by what H&G says, shouldn't need a ppm meter for that. so ya ppm is what is MOST important?

And the whole flushing shit, if your feeding right and slowing down / stopping towards harvest flushing is just a extra step IMO and alot of other people i know say it really doesn't make that much of a difference. Salt build up also isn't a huge factor with H&G coco nutes so the flood table might not be to bad, ill correct myself there, but with other nutes salt build up can be a mother.

Thanks for the info on the soaker hose info though i was thinking the same thing, but was maybe going to give it a shot since its dirt cheap and i could use it else were if it doesn't work the best for me.

S

sir_diesel

Hey dude, just wanted to say super grow, will defo keep tabs on this

G

Gaval

drip clean dissolves salt buildup, there is no need to flush the plant when there is nothing to flush. Company says to flush 3 days prior to harvest

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

You said your following Texas Kids setup......you might want to get some extra wattage in there. TK had 1200w in a 3x3 and your space is double that with less wattage. Your going to end of with a lot of larfy bud.

D

Devlove

Honestly man I think you're setting your hopes a little high, I don't think I've ever seen a 1000 hit 4 per, especially not vert, or sog. I will be following ya along but wanted to let you know. Congrats on hitting 2+ mark, that is nothing to sneeze at.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Its been a while since then but................I put those plants into a long room my buddy and I built. I ended up getting 4.5+ Lbs.

SoG 001
SoG 007
Uppdatte 004
Uppdatte 021
New room 010
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
You pulled 4.5lbs off a 1kw??
And you didn't show pics of the process?
You posted non stop how you would do this and then you just come on and say, I did it...lol
I really don't think you pulled 4.5lbs off your 1kw, maybe if you count wet/moist buds and leave a ton of sticks and leaves on...;)

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

@baba G If you take a look at my new pictures youll see there is 2kw:) Sorry i should have said that.

Drying 002
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Gotcha, that is pretty real! Good job, even though it is half the yield you were looking for...;) j/k

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Haha yeah i was dreaming when i started this thread lol:)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Holy shit man! Over two lbs per light is nothing to sqwak at, I have almost hit that mark but it was not in a tent. My highest so far in a tent is 1.25, but that is what running multiple strains and keeping it super organic will get, no co2 either.....but I gotta say I was laughing originally when I read the 4lb per light idea, but to see the results it looks like you are the one laughing! Kudos. How did it smoke?

Latest posts

Top Bottom