44k medical project with Top Dawg, Alien, & OGR

• Thread starter mello
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I personally use the AAW's a little differently than they recommend. I am running 4 in a 5x20 run and I use them where they cross light each other. My first run with them and I noticed at the end of the arc on the wing is where the greatest light intensity is. So I have plants that aren't directly under the lights getting the cross lighting....they BLOW the fuck up and I have to be careful not to let them get too close otherwise I get serious light bleaching and or it stresses the plant out.

mello

mello

Yao Farmers.
Time for an update. Sorry for the delay. Life's hectic.
Things are moving along. A bit slowly for my liking but sheeeeit, it's beyond my control.
We're all sheetrocked and painted (semi-gloss with anti microbial additive).
Most doors are hung.
AC install is finalized. Got them powered up. They are super chilly.
120v power has been run throughout. Gang of outlets everywhere. Couple fluorescents in each room. And a separate switch for green led bulbs (for night work).
Up next is 240v power for our HID lighting. Some plumbing. Gas lines to CO2 gens. Build tables. Light winch. Oh fuck, still a ways to go 'fore we finish.
Oh, and we ended up going with Magnums. Sorry. I know everyone here told my AAW's. But fuck, I tested them both. Twice. And the fucking Magnum best the AAW straight up. Plus, I was reading the AAW suggested layout for a 1000w in a large hood and it was like 7.6'x 6'. They said you could go tighter than that but any more than 20% was not recommended. So that was it. This setup will have 1000w covering either 4'x4' or 4'x3'. Fuckin Magnums won.

Onto some pics:

Got some supplies delivered today. 18 inch wall mount oscillators? Rad. Btw, gonna give those EZ Roots aeration frames a go. Shout out to Dankworth.
IMG 2776

Got a couple hoods:

IMG 2779

And a couple woods (for tables):

IMG 2782

One of these in each room makes things cool. Plus we can monitor and change setting from our cell phones which is also cool:

IMG 2783

Fluorescents on one switch:
IMG 2781

And green LED's on another:
IMG 2780

Should start planting in a week.

Cheers to you all.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Looks like its getting done right. So your going to run those hood with no glass? i beleive sunlight has plugs for the holes now. I have a few and they do put down the light nice. I think running them 4x3 would hurt yeild per light, spreading them out helps, I use to rock 2 in a 4.5x9 tent and hit 3-3.5 a few times, I always gave credit to the sqft i had, and the ligth coming off the tent walls.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Coming along VERY nicely mello! Gonna be a pimped out setup once complete, do it up big bro. Props! We'll be watching. Peace and good luck with everything. Motiv

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I heard green bulbs still affect the plant dark cycle in a negative way. You may want to look in to that before going in there and flipping those on all the time.

S

sicinsane

i water in the dark every other day for about an hour using this i only started doing this because my lights turn on at night and i wasn't able to water when they turn on so i started to water during the day when it sleeps. haven't had any problems with it. no banannas or anything. im planning to pick these up too i never have those on for more than an hour, but one time i left it in there on all day and nothign happened.

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

I heard green bulbs still affect the plant dark cycle in a negative way. You may want to look in to that before going in there and flipping those on all the time.

i water in the dark every other day for about an hour using this i only started doing this because my lights turn on at night and i wasn't able to water when they turn on so i started to water during the day when it sleeps. haven't had any problems with it. no banannas or anything. im planning to pick these up too i never have those on for more than an hour, but one time i left it in there on all day and nothign happened.

Looks like those are the ones he's got. I've got an LED head light that I use every once in a while. I have heard of guys using green halogens or incandescent lights, and about how that's bad because they put off more than just green spectrum.

I'm pretty sure, however, that the LEDs run damn near all green spectrum.

I could understand other lamps (non-LED) being negative, though. Or, if he kept them on like ALL the time when lights were off...

I think he'll be alright...

mello

mello

Looks like its getting done right. So your going to run those hood with no glass? i beleive sunlight has plugs for the holes now. I have a few and they do put down the light nice. I think running them 4x3 would hurt yeild per light, spreading them out helps, I use to rock 2 in a 4.5x9 tent and hit 3-3.5 a few times, I always gave credit to the sqft i had, and the ligth coming off the tent walls.
Yup, no glass. Got plugs for the Magnums. Good lookin out.
Why do you thing running 4x3 would hurt the yield? Is there a point of diminishing returns with lumens/ft2? This is something that I've been thinking about..... I figured more light would mean more feeding, more nutrients, more inputs. And more yield. Can anyone tell me otherwise?
Coming along VERY nicely mello! Gonna be a pimped out setup once complete, do it up big bro. Props! We'll be watching. Peace and good luck with everything. Motiv
Thank you very much Motiv. Peace and good luck to you too.
Ya man, this is something I've looked into and unfortunately I'm not finding any definitive info. Mind you, these are green LED's, not regular bulbs that have green glass. Was speaking with my dude at the shop about this and he's pretty convinced they won't have any effect on the plants dark cycle. Feck, gotta do some mo' research. Maybe I'll call the company that makes em. I'm sure they'll give me an honest answer;)
i water in the dark every other day for about an hour using this i only started doing this because my lights turn on at night and i wasn't able to water when they turn on so i started to water during the day when it sleeps. haven't had any problems with it. no banannas or anything. im planning to pick these up too http://www.sunlightsupply.com/p-14225-sg-nite-light.aspx i never have those on for more than an hour, but one time i left it in there on all day and nothign happened.
Ya I'm with you, I've been rocking an LED headlamp for a minute. I've had hermi issues here and there but I'm pretty sure they just related to genetics that I was experimenting with. The link you posted is of the lights we have.
Lookin solid fella's!!!!
Grazie.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I look at this way, If amps is your limiting factor and you have unlimted space, I would go atleast 4x4 to get the most sqft out of the lights. If you have limited space and amps make no difference, sure putting more light in a given space is going to yeild more. Cross lighting will help big time, being able to go 4.5x4.5 is 20sqft vs running 3x4 is 12 sqft. Id bet on the 20sqft yeilding more.

dankworth

dankworth

Ed Rosenthal years ago was saying that 75 watts/ft2 was point of declining rate of return. I saw that in person in 04. This was mag ballast w/glass.
I ran 80 watts/ft2, 1/2 mh 1/2 hps, encased in reflectix this last run. Would have rather done like sixtysomething watts/ft2. Given the lack of glass, digi ballasts, pimp lamps, all that stuff, I might advocate sixtysomething watts/ft2 still. Crosslighting will make up for things also.

Definite correlation between light intensity and bud density. Shorter ripening time also compared to lower watts/ft2. Also "lowers", given sufficient intensity, will not be "lowers" per se anymore.
Reflectix tiled across surface of medium gave my lowers a fuckton of weight and frost I did not get before. But then airflow and cooling must be managed a little more cautiously by checking leaf surface temps.

I got one of those cheapass $50 hydrofarm light meters, dude that thing is awesome for $50.
I think max light intensity at top of canopy should be around 5000 footcandles or lumens or whatever(outside on bright spring day was 10,000 on the dot)
Have heard in a few places that max processing ability of plant occurs @ 5500 footcandles, that sounds pretty accurate.

Then again Greenthumbdanny was talking about 100 watts/ft2 w/magnums over tables, like 3 per 4x8, but his shit is overflowing past the borders of the tables a bit, and he was getting crosslit from other tables in room I think. Can't remember much more than that.

Checking w/light meter is best I think.
I would personally shoot for sixtysomething watts/ft2 if I were in your shoes at first, given digi ballasts dialed all the way up and no glass.

BTW I have fucked w/green party bulbs and green led headlamps, some plants get pissed off at that. Would not do that with any plants w/intersex tendencies under stress myself after my experiences. Maybe good for emergencies only.
Are you funded for good night vision? Passive of course, don't want an IR flashlight shining on your plants at night.

Staying busy it looks like, very nice work. Thanks for the shout out.

If I were in your shoes I might first try 4x4 spacing for the magnums, and a reflective curtain if necessary so you don't light empty floor space in the room. Buuut I have not worked with these reflectors, they throw hella wide compared to my super sun 2s.

S

sicinsane

Ed Rosenthal years ago was saying that 75 watts/ft2 was point of declining rate of return. I saw that in person in 04. This was mag ballast w/glass.
I ran 80 watts/ft2, 1/2 mh 1/2 hps, encased in reflectix this last run. Would have rather done like sixtysomething watts/ft2. Given the lack of glass, digi ballasts, pimp lamps, all that stuff, I might advocate sixtysomething watts/ft2 still. Crosslighting will make up for things also.

Definite correlation between light intensity and bud density. Shorter ripening time also compared to lower watts/ft2. Also "lowers", given sufficient intensity, will not be "lowers" per se anymore.
Reflectix tiled across surface of medium gave my lowers a fuckton of weight and frost I did not get before. But then airflow and cooling must be managed a little more cautiously by checking leaf surface temps.

I got one of those cheapass $50 hydrofarm light meters, dude that thing is awesome for $50.
I think max light intensity at top of canopy should be around 5000 footcandles or lumens or whatever(outside on bright spring day was 10,000 on the dot)
Have heard in a few places that max processing ability of plant occurs @ 5500 footcandles, that sounds pretty accurate.

Then again Greenthumbdanny was talking about 100 watts/ft2 w/magnums over tables, like 3 per 4x8, but his shit is overflowing past the borders of the tables a bit, and he was getting crosslit from other tables in room I think. Can't remember much more than that.

Checking w/light meter is best I think.
I would personally shoot for sixtysomething watts/ft2 if I were in your shoes at first, given digi ballasts dialed all the way up and no glass.

BTW I have fucked w/green party bulbs and green led headlamps, some plants get pissed off at that. Would not do that with any plants w/intersex tendencies under stress myself after my experiences. Maybe good for emergencies only.
Are you funded for good night vision? Passive of course, don't want an IR flashlight shining on your plants at night.

Staying busy it looks like, very nice work. Thanks for the shout out.

If I were in your shoes I might first try 4x4 spacing for the magnums, and a reflective curtain if necessary so you don't light empty floor space in the room. Buuut I have not worked with these reflectors, they throw hella wide compared to my super sun 2s.

hey dank is this the meter youre using? im planning on investing in one too. do you measure it right in the middle on top of the canopy?

dankworth

dankworth

hey dank is this the meter youre using? im planning on investing in one too. do you measure it right in the middle on top of the canopy?
All points over the canopy, it varies due to hot spots that vary by reflector.
And measure lower, so you can determine how much light will give you what kind of bud density/lower quality.
Reflectix vs no reflectix is mathematically illustrated by the light meter.
Not the best light meter prob, but good enough for gov't work.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
man that is a stack of tripple xls...your not putn 400s in those are you? :rolleyes:...just playn buddy..
cant wait to see some plants in there :cool:

E

el boyo

hey bro.. was wondering how things were going with this.. also if you have any pics of your electric setup.. did you buy ballasts or get them built out? hope all is runnin smooth...

Top Bottom