45% humidity Curing is that bad?

• Thread starter Philz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

how do you slow it down? 10 days in a card board box, Supply and exhaust air 4" computer type cooling fans, 50% RH at an average temp of 77 degrees. What would I change?
I just bagged my harvest for cure in Grove bags. Took 8 days drying to achieve 10% moisture in bud at an average temp of 63 degrees and 56 - 58% rh.

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

Appologies to everyone for the bit of drama.

I've put mancorn on my ignore list at this point.

Madbud

Madbud

Appologies to everyone for the bit of drama.

I've put mancorn on my ignore list at this point.
Not at all, just more bro science from someone who’s never tried what they are suggesting. I’ll wait til bread rehydration is on F*cebook.

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

Not at all, just more bro science from someone who’s never tried what they are suggesting. I’ll wait til bread rehydration is on F*cebook.
The Flat Earther group had 40k members last I saw (I don't use FB anymore)... I suspect bread rehydration could gain a following there. ;-)

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

So a dried my weed(auto flower) in a card board box. It had a supply fan and exhaust fan. The humidity stayed at 50 to 60 % most the time with temp in 70's (mid to high) for 10 days. Now there in curing jars for a week but the humidity stays low 40%. I have the 62% packets in there but it doesn't change anything. Is 40% too low? What can I do if need to increase? Also how long do I have to leave it in jars until I can smoke it? Its loaded with trichomes.
Yes it's to low. Put a slice of carrot in there and monitor till it rises to 60%✌😎

P

Philz

Because you don’t know what you’re talking about, but for some reason felt the need to come back several days later to post crap. Bread isn’t the source of the molds or bacteria. Not saying that a new spore couldn’t be introduced by bread (or anything for that matter) but there are mold spores everywhere (including all over your body). My buds will have been outside for 3+ months before curing, so the idea that adding a piece of bread is somehow going to contaminate an otherwise sterile bud is ridiculous. There’s molds in the soil, in the air, on me, the birds, etc., etc.

Molds grow because of moisture content. (Actually even that is a misnomer as it’s really water actively, not moisture % that allow molds to reproduce.) Suffice to say that if the moisture levels get too high (and you have a bunch of unbound water), you’ll have a good environment for mold growth. Water activity controls mold and microbial growth. That’s the scientific fact. The OP’s 1/2oz of weed isn’t going to be ruined by absorbing a little moisture from bread. Personally I don’t need to rehydrate my weed because I don’t over dry it in the first place. But shit happens. If you feel the need to call me out and spout shit at least have a rudimentary understanding what you’re talking about.
Yes it's to low. Put a slice of carrot in there and monitor till it rises to 60%✌😎
Thanks, I put a piece of lettuce, small. it bumped it up to 63%. Holding steady for 3 days.

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

Just smoked some more. Not really harsh. A few tokes really had a nice flower taste. I used my jewelry glasses when inspecting the bud I would cut to smoke and they were loaded with trichomes. Most milky but some amber or turn amber. I got high as fuck. This is only about 20 days from harvest. Not bragging as its the first time grow for me but I did some research and followed some info....some from here. Check out my pics. When I trimmed my scissors locked up they got so sticky....same with my fingers. Maybe my #'s aren't the best but my weed is...no BS.

I have one more plant that's not an auto flower but starting to bud nicely. I'll consider the info I got here for drying and curing but might stick mostly with what I did this time. It worked. No smell either. Had it nicely exhausted.
Thanks
The re are various trick to drying and curing properly depending on your situation, high or low humidity, being g the biggest factor. The relative humidity where I live in the desert at harvest can be 15% -
I just bagged my harvest for cure in Grove bags. Took 8 days drying to achieve 10% moisture in bud at an average temp of 63 degrees and 56 - 58% rh.
I'm loving those Terploc bags from the grove people. Used last season with great results. I'm trying to keep my buds slow cureing by hanging on stem in dark room ( no direct light) for at least 2 - 3 weeks before I bag em, at 50% - 60% humidity. Seems the longer the better with something like 3-4 weeks being the best.
Drying and curing are one of the most overlooked IMPORTANT details by most home growers in our area.
I'm just not willing to put 6 months work and plenty of dollars invested in my grow only to ruin it all with a fast crunchy dry.
You will be amazed at the difference when you take the time and effort to Dry & Cure properly! Peace out.✌😎
Thanks, I put a piece of lettuce, small. it bumped it up to 63%. Holding steady for 3 days.
There ya go👌😎 easy fix.👍

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

So as to how long to leave your buds in a jar while you burp them. I'd say as soon as they stabilized they are good to go. They do improve quite a lot after a couple of months... Like aging a fine wine. Enjoy ✌😎

freezeland2

freezeland2

The re are various trick to drying and curing properly depending on your situation, high or low humidity, being g the biggest factor. The relative humidity where I live in the desert at harvest can be 15% -

I'm loving those Terploc bags from the grove people. Used last season with great results. I'm trying to keep my buds slow cureing by hanging on stem in dark room ( no direct light) for at least 2 - 3 weeks before I bag em, at 50% - 60% humidity. Seems the longer the better with something like 3-4 weeks being the best.
Drying and curing are one of the most overlooked IMPORTANT details by most home growers in our area.
I'm just not willing to put 6 months work and plenty of dollars invested in my grow only to ruin it all with a fast crunchy dry.
You will be amazed at the difference when you take the time and effort to Dry & Cure properly! Peace out.✌😎

There ya go👌😎 easy fix.👍
My dry & cure works just fine. I go by moisture content in the bud. Ain’t no snap crackle bud going in those grove bags. This isn’t the first time my having done this, lol. If hanging to dry for 2 - 3 weeks at your target rh works for you fantastic. You do you, and I’ll do me. Peace out.

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

My dry & cure works just fine. I go by moisture content in the bud. Ain’t no snap crackle bud going in those grove bags. This isn’t the first time my having done this, lol. If hanging to dry for 2 - 3 weeks at
your target rh works for you fantastic. You do you, and I’ll do me. Peace out.
Every day is new and an opportunity for me to learn, I don't know everything yet. That will take a few life times. Nothing to prove to anyone just here to share and enjoy the company.
Agreed, peace out. ✌😎

Last edited:
S

Sammys

Lmao this is my first time on a thread and it’s
my first comment but @OGgrower420 youre dope and chill as hell, @Philz good job on your grow, you’ll get better with practice and find better ways to do it, I’m a first timer myself and I’m studying on what rh, temps, etc I need for drying / curing, idk what’s with all the egos these other people have, everyone has an opinion and instead of discussing they hijacked your thread to complain about irrelevancies. Enjoy your smoke and your future grows 🤟🏻 And if you’re pressed about my comment, yes, it was probably directed towards you

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

my first comment but @OGgrower420 youre dope and chill as hell, @Philz good job on your grow, you’ll get better with practice and find better ways to do it, I’m a first timer myself and I’m studying on what rh, temps, etc I need for drying / curing, idk what’s with all the egos these other people have, everyone has an opinion and instead of discussing they hijacked your thread to complain about irrelevancies. Enjoy your smoke and your future grows 🤟🏻 And if you’re pressed about my comment, yes, it was probably directed towards you
Welcome aboard the grow train.😎

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

This paper should be helpful if people can appreciate the points about VPD related to fungus & diseases manifesting in an environment with a VPD of >0.5 kPa

As an aside, Ego is just the part of the mind where words form... you're words in your post was created in your ego, and then your ego controlled your body to type it and post it.

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

Here's another one:

Neueregel

Neueregel

thanks for your reply,
I'm using those small digital black ones I see everyone using. I bought a dozen and they all reading the same or within a degree so. I don't think any are bad. I filled 4 half gallon mason jars with trimmed bud.(2 plants) I put a 62% Boveda pack in each with a hydrometer/temp 7 days now. I burp a couple times a day. Humidity has stayed at about 43%. I seen a lot of posts about high humidity but hardly nothing on low.
thanks again
I bought a tester 70 % RH boveda pack and put my hygrometers in there to see what they measured out and put a piece of tape on the ones that were off.

freezeland2

freezeland2

This paper should be helpful if people can appreciate the points about VPD related to fungus & diseases manifesting in an environment with a VPD of >0.5 kPa

As an aside, Ego is just the part of the mind where words form... you're words in your post was created in your ego, and then your ego controlled your body to type it and post it.
I believe you meant < .5 kPa

mancorn

mancorn

I believe you meant < .5 kPa
I’ll be running .2 - .5 (in flower) for 12 hours a day for the next week. Which according to Aqua Man’s fancy chart, puts me in the danger, danger, danger zone. Will have to fire up the smudge pots.

69A08AE4 EB48 4380 91DB F2F5B1567FCB

Top Bottom