450kw large medi grow....chicken barn

• Thread starter Barnboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barnboy

just tell your electrical contractor this.

I need a 3 phase 600amp panel. If he's a Legit Contractor that's all he needs to know.
He will need to call the Power Company, Each zone has a different "Utility Planner".
Your Contractor will work with your area's "Planner".
There are several ways to do this job.

Most likly your transformer isnt large enough. So it will need to be upgraded.
Also depending on its "Transformers" location in respect to your "Chicken Coop" will determine the fees you will need to pay.
Wire is Hugely Expensive. Especially tht size. If you got a transformer thats 1500' away and you gotta pull 600 amp power, your looking at 10's of thousands of dollars. Now you can dig the trench yourself and save money, You can even lay the conduit to save money, Your Electricians gonna need to pull the wire, The Utility company does the final connections. This is a very common thing when upgrading power.
But no matter how you slice it your electrician/Utility Co will be working side by side, hand in Hand. And this will be expensive, really expensive.

Obviously I'm not versed on that side of electrical .....so, is it more expensive to bring 3phase 600 amp or to bring in two single phase services?

I know that these questions may be stupid to some, and maybe that suggestion isn't even possible or feasible, but, are there any other options?

My electrician will definately know the answers but I would like to be somewhat versed before we meet on site in next few days...

convex

convex

If you are really considering the eventual use of up to 450 KW or even half that,I would consider purchasing a portable power plant /gen set. Would be cheaper than the annual hydro cost.

B

Barnboy

only difference is materials bro!, Still gonna need the same trench, same distance, Are you fed over head? or underground? Imvho before you choose the perfect grow spot, you must have the power you need, if you dont you price it out, may not even be close to Feasible to grow in this chicken spot. And quite honestly I just dont see why you need that much power, Like I said on page 1 or 2, a couple 20 light rooms and your pulling 30 lbs a month, Just a train wreck to try and go any bigger, Unless your doing 700 patients a day like HS. for real, 15lbs a month does a 100 patient a day Shop, 200 patients 30lbs a month. I got all the data, and for the life of me I cant see why you wanna go so big, manage so much. Theres this whole new mentality I see everywhere now, Lets TAKE OVER the Industry. nobodys ready for that yet.

First I'd like to thank u for ur valuable advice...

There are a few barns on site. There is a hydro pole one hundred feet from the barn in question. The wires are overhead feeding the barns.

B

Barnboy

If you are really considering the eventual use of up to 450 KW or even half that,I would consider purchasing a portable power plant /gen set. Would be cheaper than the annual hydro cost.

Ran a 60kw silenced gen with hospital grade muffler. Ran it 23hrs a day to service 60kw of flowering between two rooms with a 6 light veg room. Pain in the ass lugging 4000litres of diesel a month..... No thanks. Pain in the ass

W

weedfarm

First I'd like to thank u for ur valuable advice...

There are a few barns on site. There is a hydro pole one hundred feet from the barn in question. The wires are overhead feeding the barns.

does that pole carry electric to just the barn? or does that pole feed other properties as well.

I would think it would be cheaper to install 3 phase as you can probably get higher voltage that way.

convex

convex

It's a farm ... farm diesel can be delivered, no hauling ;)
And farm coloured diesel is a bit cheaper too.

If you ramp up to full 450 KW your looking at about 200k a yr in hydro ...
If it were me, I'd be pumping diesel ;)

persiankid

persiankid

this is crrrraaaaazzzzzzyyy barnboy hope it works out brotha!

B

Barnboy

It's a farm ... farm diesel can be delivered, no hauling ;)
And farm coloured diesel is a bit cheaper too.

If you ramp up to full 450 KW your looking at about 200k a yr in hydro ...
If it were me, I'd be pumping diesel ;)

Ya this was when I was not doing medical and did not want farm diesel delivered on site. Delivery would have been great back then that's for sure

U

Underground

Commercial/industrial.

OK this is the last post I've read so far.
At 450K you are going to need about 1300 amps just for lighting at 480 volts. Then you will also need transformers to step down and run your other equipment. I hope people were joking when they were talking about lighting controllers and such. You will need something better that lighting controllers people build in their garages to plug into dryer receptacles. You would need some real lighting controllers like these By the time you add up all of your draws you will probably be around 2000 amps. Even if you cut back on everything you will likely still need at least 1200 amps. Which means you will need a GFCI protected main. To do this right, you are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars. And to have this ready to rock within a month of starting you're gonna need 10-12 electricians not 1 old electrician who doesn't work with ballasts.

Don't forget to set aside about a 20 x 40' electrical room because that's what you'll need. And forget about the single entrance/exit, that will never meet your egress requirements. Even just your electrical room is going to require two exits and crash bars on the doors, which will have to open out. You need an electrical and a civil engineer on this project. I'm assuming this will be multiple floors. Even with just a basement it will be hard. The weight in just water is going to be tremendous! Thousands of gallons of water in your reservoirs and your plant containers. Plus the weight of the medium, containers, tables, lighting building systems that will have to be upgraded and/or added.

Add all this up and it's easy to see why it seems a joke to be doing this in an old chicken coop. If you are really going to do something like this, you'd be much better off with a purpose built building designed for your intended use. And if you are going that far with it, you may as well have a glass roof so you can save on lighting costs and one of those extremely large automated darkening systems.

W

weedfarm

OK this is the last post I've read so far.
At 450K you are going to need about 1300 amps just for lighting at 480 volts. Then you will also need transformers to step down and run your other equipment. I hope people were joking when they were talking about lighting controllers and such. You will need something better that lighting controllers people build in their garages to plug into dryer receptacles. You would need some real lighting controllers like these By the time you add up all of your draws you will probably be around 2000 amps. Even if you cut back on everything you will likely still need at least 1200 amps. Which means you will need a GFCI protected main. To do this right, you are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars. And to have this ready to rock within a month of starting you're gonna need 10-12 electricians not 1 old electrician who doesn't work with ballasts.

Don't forget to set aside about a 20 x 40' electrical room because that's what you'll need. And forget about the single entrance/exit, that will never meet your egress requirements. Even just your electrical room is going to require two exits and crash bars on the doors, which will have to open out. You need an electrical and a civil engineer on this project. I'm assuming this will be multiple floors. Even with just a basement it will be hard. The weight in just water is going to be tremendous! Thousands of gallons of water in your reservoirs and your plant containers. Plus the weight of the medium, containers, tables, lighting building systems that will have to be upgraded and/or added.

Add all this up and it's easy to see why it seems a joke to be doing this in an old chicken coop. If you are really going to do something like this, you'd be much better off with a purpose built building designed for your intended use. And if you are going that far with it, you may as well have a glass roof so you can save on lighting costs and one of those extremely large automated darkening systems.

I tried giving you rep but it says I have to spread it around... I havent given rep out in weeks, I very rarely give rep.

I knew someone would come around and think of all the things we forgot/didn't think of/ or didn't know

Olyver

Olyver

UG couldn't have said it better. You will need a profressional electrical setup, nothing you will find OTS, you will need an electrician to build your electrical system from the ground up.

U

UCtestn

I've managed to waste more of my time on this thread... but wanted to point out...

In addition to the points brought by Underground and GoD, you will likely be paying the price of the transformer. I've personally seen a 45,000 bill for having transformers upgraded and new wires run for an op that was no where near 450,000 watts.

Good luck and let us know what you downgrade to.

M

m22

this is like the jersey shore. I know its fake but I can't look away.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

So first floor of barn will have walls sheeted with plywood with multiple steel doors for security.

Any recommendations on security alarms to outfit the doors or the corridors? I'm going to make it so there is one possible entrance/exit point. In the past I used a steel door with mag lock on a remote control to disable. Also interested on foggers for security or any new devices that will stall or stop potential thieves before police arrive on site.

Any recommendations on new or old security measures? Aside from a few angry dogs?lol.

Seriously I need good cost effective suggestions on alarms, foggers, or anything that is realistic and safe.(no booby trap suggestions )

If you pull a setup this large you will have several workers onsite 24/7 brother, shit that big cant be left alone and maintenance alone you will basically live there. Just give everyone ak-47s you will be set. Since you seem to have no money boundaries just hire Blackwater to do private security.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

http://i46.invalid.com/albums/f142/bigbadvoo/NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Fugging money hogs.. bad ass to see, but damn... good ole nation of excess!

convex

convex

I think we would like to marvel at a setup of this magnitude, but I doubt we will be seeing it here.

You can be sure that Health Canada will be inspecting an undertaking of this magnitude.

No one will convince H.C. that this is a medical grow for 2 patients.

Exemptions are quite clear that you must DESTROY any overages - there are no provisions for selling extra to clubs ... There are no LEGAL clubs in Canada.

The only thing you can be sure of is undue attention, and further scrutiny of the legit designates out there trying to help patients.

Although we would like to 'ooh and aahh' at such an undertaking, doing this in accordance of the law is not a reality and will be seen for the commercial venture it is and hamper the efforts to legitimize MMJ in the public eye.

B

Barnboy

If you pull a setup this large you will have several workers onsite 24/7 brother, shit that big cant be left alone and maintenance alone you will basically live there. Just give everyone ak-47s you will be set. Since you seem to have no money boundaries just hire Blackwater to do private security.

Several workers 24/7????

Like seriously, u obviously haven't run a larger system

I ran a 100+light system' before that a 60 light flowering system. All done with myself and another competent helper...

For u to comment on e workload when u have no clue..... Please stop.

The 100+ lighter was 1500 plants .... This chicken coup is under 300 plants total.....larger trees.

Automated drippers

Two flowering rooms...

Cut clones once a month, transplant once a month, trim once a month

4 people sharing workload.

Not sure the army is needed as u recommend.....seriously

B

Barnboy

Also,

Just left site with electrician

There is 400amps single phase currently.

We are bringing in 3phase, 600volt, 600 amp service

We are running ballast at 347 which will be draw of 1.5amps per ballast.

So...

So far the plan is to run two flower rooms with 125 1000watt ballasts in each on flip flop

Plus 75 1000watt Ballasts in the veg room

So total of 200kw running 24/7

This seems realistic so far

We may bring in more power so we not running it tight...

Any recommendations?

B

blackcat

theres LOTS of scrutiny of the HC program. good things its federally mandated backed by the charter..... dont let your grow be another reason for dumb politicians to try to hold growers back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom