4th Grow. 2*600w, 8 SHaze, 3 Red Diesel, 7 Cheese

• Thread starter theTinker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theTinker

Things are going well in the room still.

Harvest time is 10th August. THough im sure pick one girl for a date a little early.

I need cash and i cant pay my mortgage with I.O.Us!

I bought a big water butt. My girls are drinking way more than my 47 liter can provide without refilling every second day to keep it topped up. I bought a 100 Liter water butt from Argos for great value.
Here is the link:

I drilled my own hole in the bottom for my autowater link. easily done, though i had to seal it with silicone cause i should of use a slightly smaller drill bit.
The water butt is great. The reviews are spot on. Flimsy bottom but good when filled with water. Leaky tap screw joint but nothing a lil bit of silicone doesnt make extra sealed. Cheap as chips.

Some of my cheese got burnt by light and heat as they got too tall and i cant do anything with them. I must flip sooner than i do. problem solved.

Bud sites are coming on well, they've been given Bloombastic at 0.5ml per liter and it really speeds things up.I wish i started given them it at week 3 instead of week 4.

Thats all folks!

Xrancher

Xrancher

Hey Tinker, hang in there...I have $1,000's tied up in my grow and my regular work has dried up...wondering myself how to pay the bills...most of us are in the same boat with the fucking economy and the banksters taking everything they can get their greedy, greasy hands on...

Sending you good vibes and wisdom from the Universe...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

jagle

jagle

sweet man, great to hear, that water tank from argos looks the job ill be getting on if i can, how easily are they cleaned?

and ya cash it tight everwhere at the minute too man, sucks indeed doesnt it, as soon as they legalise it the better

T

theTinker

sweet man, great to hear, that water tank from argos looks the job ill be getting on if i can, how easily are they cleaned?

and ya cash it tight everwhere at the minute too man, sucks indeed doesnt it, as soon as they legalise it the better

The tanks are easy to clean. lid comes off. long arm can reach the near end of it. bitta washing up liquid + shower will have it cleaned no problem.

I needed to drill a hole for the autopots. but if u use a drip feeder attached to a pump. then no need to do that. Theres a hole in the lid for a hose coming out of it already :)

If this ever gets legalised.. then im broke :) Have a job lined up but not starting for 3 more months!.

T

theTinker

only 9 more days to go till harvest. they are looking good. ill take some pictures asap but its a bit akward at the moment. Need to readjust entry way etc.

Very excited. Its been 7 weeks of dryness without any bud so im happy for anything!

my biggest 2 mistakes this round were:

1:Not enough air circulation near top of canopy resulting in some burnt tops and stunted bud growth.

2: Not enough canopy/plant structure management. Too many growth shoots from a plant just results in lots of worthless air buds and takes energy from the plant.Hard to manage. hard to structure. reduces air flow. etc. Next time 4-6 main stems and nothing else on my ladies! :)

I do love that each cycle is just a wealth of new information :)

T

theTinker

I harvested an auto pot plant early as i needed funds.
I was very impressed. Some huge colas on it. If my tempertatures were in a better range and air culation was better. I'd be expecting the best yeilds ever had from my experience.

I got 40grams dried from it. I was quite happy with this. I usually hit 25-30grams.

Im definitely going to give these another go and improve my training/airculation/and heights.

Every autopot plant surpasses my non autopot plants. Its a very easy to use system...once u work out the bugs...and clogs!.

Im very interested in the science behind this.
3 things seperate my autopots from the non autopot results.

1: Larger pots (10L instead of 7L)

2: Air cages. The soil in the autopots is so much fluffier than the none autopots. When it dries and contracts. it doesnt nearly get so solid. it still says fluffy.

3: The soil is nearly always moist and they've had far less dry spells than the non autopots.

These are the only facts i can see that seperates these from my normal pots. I'd really like to replicate the effects of this on the non autopots.

I'd appreciate any feedback on any of these effects and which ones you think are the most influential. I could replicate the air cages and extra watering easily enough. perhaps the idea of allowing the soil to dry is not so great afterall.

T

theTinker

Ill post numbers after they fully dry.

However, the autpots have clearly out yeilded the non autopots on a per plant basis. by at least 30% i reckon.

The buds were heavier, larger, grown into one another much more like a bud kebab!

Im very happy with this and will be rerunning the same 8 autopots the next cycle.

I will post a more accurate record of the next cycle and the results for better comparison.

Thank god summer is coming to an end... those temperatures were getting messy.

My haze out yeilded the cheese, which out yeilded my red diesel..

I am unhappy with all but one phenotype of the bg bhudda cheese. Cheese plant Number 5 was the only shortish stocky and good node spacing plant. The rest were stretchy far spaced and small yeilders. I hope this Cheese 5 turns out to be my keeper!.

The Red.D was not a good yeilder and quite stretchy too but the bud produced was very strong smelling of a garage/rubber type. We'll see how it smokes.

Looking forward to rerunning the same strains again under better more accurate conditions now. Recleaning and restarting the room today hopefully :)

Thanks for all who read these posts. Any questions feel free to ask.

Happy growing fellow farmers.

T

theTinker

Final Post.

Dried the bud and here is a sample yeild of the buds i kept seperate.

Numbers:
Autopot 1: 43g
Autopot 2: 31g
Autopot 3: 25g
Autopot 4: 36g

Reg Pot 1: 19
Reg Pot 2: 21
Reg Pot 3: 17
Reg Pot 4: 25
Reg Pot 5: 16
Reg Pot 6: 20

The autopots out performed the regular pots easily. I usually get better yeilds but there was some crazy issues this grow from clogged pipes killing 3 plants and damaging the rest. to 95degree heat on tthe hottest days. Also a 11/13 cycle was used to speed things up at the cost of yeild as I needed the cash fast. Plants even had to spend three days in teh dark due to a eletrical problem 2nd week into flower which stretched them horrible/

Next cycle now has much better ventilation (now using external cool air :) ) and a third 600 watt light added :).

Happy growing everyone.

Thank you to all who read and will read!

L

LikemindS

Nice man! Looks like you got it figured for next time!
Yes, I too await the end of the Summer heat.
The AC bill is ridiculous!

Top Bottom