4x4 Plant Count

• Thread starter LEDSMOKE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Hey everyone just finished my setup and I'm gonna run a 4x4 table with 2 gal coco dtw.
My question is should I run 9 or 16? Plan on flipping at 18 inches and putting a screen over for support.

Saguaro

Saguaro

I run 9 plants per 4x4 table, topped once, pruned well and vegged for 30 days in 1.5 gallon pots.

This produces = 2 lbs per.

I wouldn't go bigger then the 2 gallon pots….fwiw.

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Gavita will be here tomorrow juicey. :D
yeah asked around some more and seems 9 is what I'll do. Thanks for the help.
What medium are you running?

juicey

juicey

I just ran 9 under the gavita. Got pretty big and I wouldn't have been able to fit anymore than that

juicey

juicey

4 different strains all from seed. That's great you got the gavita. Let me know how it works out for ya.

Saguaro

Saguaro

1/2" Stonewool Croutons

Growcube bag

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Awesome. Was worried about doing a multi. Do you use a screen too?
Will deffinately let you know how it works. If you have a journal I'd love to check it out and get some tips.

the.dude

the.dude

I run 30 in a 4x8 in 3 gallon pots ... there is many ways to skin the 4x4 cat.

so 15 in each 4x4 ... 16 would fit ( square 3 gallon pots) but I have a 8" duct coming into each side so 15 fits comfortably

I veg for 2 weeks in solo cups, then 1 week in the 3 gallon in the 4x8... aggressively prune , semi lollipop I suppose, goal is to fully fill the space, focusing on large colas for better, larger nugs.

this way I can veg the 2 weeks, in the solo cup, in a separate space and flip into 12/12 constantly.

more plants = less veg time needed... use bigger pots than actually needed, and water less, but just as often.

here is my 4x8 ( sorry for the light) ... each cola will be arm length and fist fat.

day 40 - Chemdog 91 x aliendawg

IMG 0011

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

My original plan was a coco sog on a flood and drain but decided on dtw. Will probably try a sog again though. What #'s are you pulling?

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

That's what I'm running. Got 17 ladies hoping to find 9 ladies.
might throw a journal up here.

the.dude

the.dude

I guess the point was missed. U could run a true sog of 4 per square foot... Or 1 large one. No one way is better it all depends on your own personal situation .

I personally am growing illegally so I want maximum production ... Hence the high plant numbers & low veg time.

In my other 4x4 tent I find 6 well vegged plants in 7 gallon pots are the ticket for bud quality and size. That 4x4 is on a separate schedule than my 4x8 .. So the longer veg works due to veg space blah blah ...

Less plants more veg more plants less veg .. So simple

the.dude

the.dude

My original plan was a coco sog on a flood and drain but decided on dtw. Will probably try a sog again though. What #'s are you pulling?

I pull 1.5 per light constantly . I wouldn't all what I do a SOG though ... Lollipop sog maybe I dunno ...

the.dude

the.dude

Some guys say u want 100w per plant, some say 50w per ... For example I have 2000w in a 4x8 with 30 plants = 66.6w per plant

If the 4x8 only had 2x 600w I couldn't run as many plants I don't think .

So light intensity has a large role as well. I wouldn't do less than 50w per plant .

the.dude

the.dude

Yeah but his original question was the optimal amout of plants vegged to 18" on a 4x4 9 or 16

Depending on container size I would fit 16 in there. Strain dependant as well. If it's 7 gallon pots u won't even get 16.

9- 18" plants will not fill the space as quickly as 16 will . If you have 16 clone then run all 16.

If from seed I would do 9 for pheno variance but that's just me

Latest posts

Top Bottom