• Thread starter oglovinlife18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakew215

Ill say one thing for GTD's grows - he dont pull much larf out of there

I think 4 x 4 is max for a 1 k in a scrog or sog type grow

i think this guy would beg to differ...

i dont think he is pulling much larf either...

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
What about NKKhills thread? He's pullin 5.5 pounds with three 600's...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
i think this guy would beg to differ...

i dont think he is pulling much larf either...

really? you dont think he would say that the outside plants produced less?

that grow is using parabolic hoods - not air cooled

I already stated that I thought anything more then 1 light per 4x4 is more then enough

GTD is a bud and I was trying to give him props, if you ever saw his grow in person it is impressive - period

at the end of the day we are all trying to produce dank with what he have or can afford

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
GTD you ever get any bleaching or find some strains do not like the extra light as much as others?

never had light bleaching>>the hoods aren't close enough to the tops for that to happen:)

but you dont use a single thousand per 4x4, your using 1 and a 1/2. 3 lights per 4x8. like whats your gpw ratio? thats what is important to me. im thinking about going to 5x5 soil beds per 1k with 70 plants per. ive seen threads of someone hitting 2.5-3lbs per light doing so...

>>very true bro>>it is hard to say per light but i know what each 4x8 table should produce>>that is where i get my template from:)
This is what works for me>>that is most important at the end of the day:icon_spin:

I also ran 3 gallon pots in the past>>7 plants per 1K<< 2 pounds a light with my Chemdog D:)

>>What I do know is, 2K per 4x8 is horseshit<<

not including the strain in the equation really makes yield subjective

Very true buddy>>strain selection is super important to achieve this:harvest:>> Kick ass environment don't hurt nothing either:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

hey wassup everyone. I`ve got alot of interest in this thread because I`m getting ready to upgrade my lights.I currently run 4 600`s over a 6x8table.I keep the plants close together I`m trying to keep them in a 6x6.So basically wasting 2x6 of the table.Lights are vented and I have a 12000 btu portable dual duct a/c,co2 alot of air movement.I don`t you can have to much air moving around.I would like some advice opinions on my upgrades.I want to get some new lights and hoods than a/c split.Maybe I should just concentrate on the 4x8 table? I don`t want to hijack this thread sorry if you can help me can you pm me thanks

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

I have a 4x8 table on casters that I built. I built A 2x8 shelf/table attached to the wall. So total grow area is 6x8 I love my table on wheels.allows total access to all parts of the grow area,but since Im running 600`s I`m only trying to use 6x6 of it but they are filling in.

S

sean0101

Well ive been running tables for years and i use 3 1000 on a table and i go sog and if i throw 100 4"cubes on and veg for a week so they can get their shit together and snip and flip instantly im gettin just around 6 pounds a table with no co2 or anything. Just remember to change u bulbs every 2 crops and you doin great things. all table gets mad light and all i get is 3-4 donkey dicks per plant totaling 1 oz a plant of rock hard bud. but my setup is different from almost all ive seen in forums but works crazy for me.
Just my 2 cents

Ive been running tables for years and ive always used 3 1000watt per table running sog and get great results everytime. My sog is basiclly 100 4"cubes on a table and givin 1 week for them to get their shit together then i snip and flip them and consistantly get just around 6 lbs a table every time. usually getting 1 oz a plant but my method is much different from most people and have never seen it on any forum before so that could be a big factor. I used 6 600watt lights just to try and got got almost 7 lbs a table but that was just to many lights and kept banging my head on reflectors.

just my 2 cents

W

Winchester

Gotta agree with GTD ive been killin it for years with three 1000w over 4-2x4 trays. 1-1/2 to 2 lbs on every tray every two weeks

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

if im goin wit 6" rockwool cubes on a 4x8 how many should i put on the table to yeild that much? i using 2 - 1000 on a magnum xxl because of the 5x5 footptint.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
if im goin wit 6" rockwool cubes on a 4x8 how many should i put on the table to yeild that much? i using 2 - 1000 on a magnum xxl because of the 5x5 footptint.

I would put no more than 15 plants per 4x8:)
>>have you checked into the coco matts or slabs yet??

gtd:passingjoint:

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

yes, the cubes are on top of a cocomat. 15? how long should i veg?

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
yes, the cubes are on top of a cocomat. 15? how long should i veg?

2-3 weeks depending on your liking's:)>>3 ideally:harvest:

>>do you have a separate area to veg in? If so you will have zero down time:)

gtd:passingjoint:

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

i dont have a separate room to veg in yet. i just checked out your gallery, how may btu is your mini split? i have 5 1000w magnum xxxl and i am goin to get a co2 burner for my next run and i need to know how many btu to run all of that

E

el boyo

i would def have to agree that (2) 1000's per 4x8 just does not cut it. i have two 4x8's end to end with (4) 1000's over them and am definitely going to upgrade it to (5) 1000's over two 8x4 tables. the ends of both tables just do not get enough light. i will have to see how that works before adding a 6th, but would not be opposed to it....

J

jakew215

5 lights for a 16' bed would be ideal in my opinion.

i have four over two 4x8 beds right now and it could use more light.

B

Bobby Smith

Do you guys have your lights each covering a 4x4 area, even when they're in a row like that?

I think that with a light meter you'd see that you could shade the "end" lights more towards the start and end of the row and spread the two interior lights out accordingly for a more even spread over the table........does that make sense? With the light overlap you're getting overkill in the middle, so you could redirect that energy towards the ends just by moving each light out a few inches (obviously that's a guesstimate, a meter would let you know exactly how much).

J

jakew215

Do you guys have your lights each covering a 4x4 area, even when they're in a row like that?

I think that with a light meter you'd see that you could shade the "end" lights more towards the start and end of the row and spread the two interior lights out accordingly for a more even spread over the table........does that make sense? With the light overlap you're getting overkill in the middle, so you could redirect that energy towards the ends just by moving each light out a few inches (obviously that's a guesstimate, a meter would let you know exactly how much).

my lights are centered over each 4x4 area in the middle two spots, then i have them out a little farther towards the end and actually tilted toward the inside of the bed slightly. is this what your saying? i think 5 magnums would be the way to go. im about to switch out one row with magnums in my room. so 4kw with magnums and 4kw with super sun 2's. different strains but ill get an idea on light coverage and heat difference.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

When I was growing with hoods and tables I always ran around 75 watts per sq foot. Also I used a light mover to move the lights about a foot or so. That way I did not get light burn. I also ran high levels of Co2 and had healthy plants to begin with.

E

el boyo

i used to think 50watts/ft2 was the zone.. a few years later i thought 60... now i feel 75 is the ticket.. and that might change... it all tastes good, just depends how you wanna cook it... :)

Top Bottom