5K Coco Beds

• Thread starter opt1c
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hey opt1c, how u been man? Your grows look great as usual, got that nice diamond sheen I love. You say your using dm nowadays? I remember back in the day on the IC we used to use similar nutes and you gave me some good tips. I've also made some adjustments to my nutes but I've stuck w/ my hg base for now, I've got 1/4 of a bottle left. Keep up the great work.

opt1c

opt1c

thanks for the kind words everyone... been busy over here during the winter break... got a lot of trimming done but not done yet so no numbers just yet on the last run

so yeah... everything i planned on doing is now done... the garden is all contained in one room... everything is plumbed and ready to go

had a little vacation... got up to the mountains
travel.jpg

and treated myself to some new quality control instruments
toro.jpg

mobius_screen_bowl_worked_toro.jpg

nano.jpg

strato.jpg

so here is the new ro setup... i'll probably do a thread on it later but it rages at 80psi thanks to a booster pump... reservoir is setup with a chiller and no airstones
ro_setup.jpg

rough idea of the clone setup in the closet...
clone_closet.jpg

4x8 tent for the moms... 3x6 tray with a t548 overhead and 60gal reservoir setup for ebb & flow... everything has been transplanted to smart pots
new_mom_tent.jpg

and now the room itself...
beds_and_veg_tent.jpg

nice 5x5 veg setup....
5x5_veg_tent.jpg

easy to get trays in and out... using all the space lol
bed_leaving_veg_tent.jpg

bed_motating_outa_veg_tent.jpg

and 6k of goodness waiting to happen...
6k_beds_waiting_to_happen.jpg

with walkways no less
bed_walkway.jpg

far as nutes go i've most def made the switch to dutch master ;) ... got tired of all the bottles and doing something different every week... i can rock the dutch master base with add.27 every week and slam some potash+ or pure flowers or hammerhead/moab on top as needed... everything is chelated so you can push the ppms a bit higher than normal... i also like to add some drip clean... if i'm not using zone i'll rock out the sea green, rootamentary(or rootsxl or rhizotonic got em all)... i'll add some dm silica as well... lots of foliars... liquid light, fulpower, true blooms... believe it or not i rock ro water and coco and DON'T use calmag lol... no deficiencies with the dm base at 10ml/gal

off to see some dave chappelle in sf tomorrow; night all :joint:

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Congrats man, Another 1k next time around! You gotta break that :animbong: in proper! w/ some of that sour strawberry kush! I definitely like your trays and how they have wheels to make them mobile, I wish I had some walking room in my garden like yours, I can barely fit 4k in my room and it's real cramped. I can't wait to see your next one, what strains will you be running?

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Very Nice glass pickup Opt1c! I love Toro from years ago, and I am a major fan of Mobius' new work in the last few years. I have had the privilege of hitting a piece very very similar to both you just picked up and you are one lucky man for having both around for personal use all the time! Glad to hear your break went well, the room is looking nice and clean and ready for some ladies! Keep up the great work and keep us posted as u do it!

-Meeks

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Very nice bro, u killed that coco bed awesome job, and that strawberry kush of urs is beautiful bro, hay I see u have some new phantoms ballasts how do u like them, im running 10 of them and love them, nice shot of half dome bro, shit its been a while sense Ive been to yosamite, use to cut school and cruse up there all the time when I was a kid growing up in the valley love the new room keep up the great work and stay safe check ya later....GM

Aligee

Aligee

Yes good shit Optic these beds are catching on quick the next craze i see i got trays collecting dust just might put them to use looking proper bro !!! ~Mr.G~

opt1c

opt1c

The Crystal Chem is all trimmed up; 20oz off the one 4x4 tray with 1k over it

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Dam you been up to a lot
Glad I finally found your corner. Im sub for sure
Oh ya theres only 3 of you out there with them strains enjoy them
BG

opt1c

opt1c

i'm guessing that's the one; i feel privileged to have received it... she is a beast and i've yet to do her justice.... her time is quick approaching though; got a bunch in a bubble cloner and some in rock wool already rooting out

my ac guy came and we got my fujitsu 36k mini split all dialed but because of the weird shape of my room its not cooling it that effectively... i'm running over 7k of lights with the veg/mom tent accounted for; add two chillers; all the ballasts; a propane co2 burner to the room.... damn near cooling capacity for that mini split

once the 2ton 24k mitsubishi mr slim gets here and added to the mix i'll hopefully have some more control over the temps... damn near under 2k out the door with 50' of line thanks to greendroplet and the great where to get a mini split thread here at the farm lol

i'm sort of tempted to try the zero veg again... wonder how many per 4x4 bed is too many?

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

i'm guessing that's the one; i feel privileged to have received it... she is a beast and i've yet to do her justice.... her time is quick approaching though; got a bunch in a bubble cloner and some in rock wool already rooting out

my ac guy came and we got my fujitsu 36k mini split all dialed but because of the weird shape of my room its not cooling it that effectively... i'm running over 7k of lights with the veg/mom tent accounted for; add two chillers; all the ballasts; a propane co2 burner to the room.... damn near cooling capacity for that mini split

once the 2ton 24k mitsubishi mr slim gets here and added to the mix i'll hopefully have some more control over the temps... damn near under 2k out the door with 50' of line thanks to greendroplet and the great where to get a mini split thread here at the farm lol

i'm sort of tempted to try the zero veg again... wonder how many per 4x4 bed is too many?

very interested in your response, and your exp in this area bro. Thinking of going SOG because of the 0 veg time=less problems down the line.

I have a 4x2 tent and a 4x2 bed.
How many and how much did you yield on that 4x4 bed of coco with no veg time? looked like a nice lil pull.

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

Daaamn! Everything is stacking in there. Did you say your gonna need to run 2 mini splits to cool the room? I tried putting 30 plants in a 4x4 tray and got good results, now I'm trying out less plants and I don't really like how that looks. how many are u running per tray?

opt1c

opt1c

I had about 20 in the last bed i did; the strain i was running i knew stretched like no other so i actually had to pull a couple plants out that got buried in the canopy. When all was said and done i pulled just over 1 1/4 pounds, just over 20oz, so i'm not complaining. It was all usable bud too; no larf which is always nice

I'm thinking about doing 30 of the sour strawberry kush per tray and seeing what happens; might get 3 or so trays rocking right now and then maybe try doing 16 with some veg or something in another tray

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I had about 20 in the last bed i did; the strain i was running i knew stretched like no other so i actually had to pull a couple plants out that got buried in the canopy. When all was said and done i pulled just over 1 1/4 pounds, just over 20oz, so i'm not complaining. It was all usable bud too; no larf which is always nice

I'm thinking about doing 30 of the sour strawberry kush per tray and seeing what happens; might get 3 or so trays rocking right now and then maybe try doing 16 with some veg or something in another tray

And thats under a 1k correct? I was thinking of doing 10-15 under a 400watter (all i have right now) and I dig the mini sog thing you had goin, looked legit as fuck and those colas looked nice too!

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Daaamn! Everything is stacking in there. Did you say your gonna need to run 2 mini splits to cool the room? I tried putting 30 plants in a 4x4 tray and got good results, now I'm trying out less plants and I don't really like how that looks. how many are u running per tray?

I had a very different experience with my first attempt at sog. They didn't blow up like I anticipated so I didn't get the density or the yield(13oz) off of 1 tray. How long do you guys veg when you do sog? I think my mistake last time was doing zero veg time. I'm going less numbers, bigger plants this time around, I'm hoping for decent yield w/o larf also, but from the looks(They overgrew me) of things I may have way more larf than I want. I'd be stoked if I could achieve numbers similar to yours.

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

I had a very different experience with my first attempt at sog. They didn't blow up like I anticipated so I didn't get the density or the yield(13oz) off of 1 tray. How long do you guys veg when you do sog? I think my mistake last time was doing zero veg time. I'm going less numbers, bigger plants this time around, I'm hoping for decent yield w/o larf also, but from the looks(They overgrew me) of things I may have way more larf than I want. I'd be stoked if I could achieve numbers similar to yours.

veg depends on how the plant grows. ive ran as many as 30 and ive ran as low as 16. i think my sweet spot is 20 in a 4x4 tray but the count and veg also depends on strain. i usually veg til they are a foot tall. if they get too tall i bend the tops down. ive been getting an average of 1-1.5 per 1000w. if you want less larf trim all that part off 2 weeks in to flower and let the plant focus all its energy into the main flowers:banana1sv6:

C

crossouttheiis

Im really digging the coco beds... I am about to start up a little coco side project in a bit along side the UC

Top Bottom