5th week of flower upper fan leaves fading

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Hi fellow growers. I am having some issues. I am on my 5th week of flower and my fan leaves are fading hard. I have been feeding full strength nutes up until the last 2 feedings which have been at half strength. This seems to happen to me every time around this time in flower. This seemed to start happening more when I switched the nutes to half strength but this happens to me either way. Wondering what the community thinks might be the issues.

I am in soil using gh flora series nutes. Ppms the last 2 feedings have been around 800. Ppm runoff last week was around 2400. This week it's down to 1700. Ph runoff is 6.4 so no problem there.

Ive attached some pics too so let me know what you all think.

5th week of flower upper fan leaves fading
5th week of flower upper fan leaves fading 2
5th week of flower upper fan leaves fading 3
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Nice, real nice, if you have been heavy feeding it can build up and throw off ph, check that first correct if nessasry, give them water with no food for a bit or cut the dose in half as they get closer to being done they need less food and as I said the food will build up and throw off ph, I start off feeding heavy and give a bit less as they flower until about 10 days before chop there getting only water.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I'm in the same spot. 5 weeks into flower and getting a bit of general yellowing all around that I'm pretty sure it's just fading. I posted the same question in my grow journal. Those are great pics you took. Did you use the flash? Every time I try to get pics like this I get the whole left upper corner of the pic completely hazy. I can get them close up but as soon as I back up the pics come out that way. I thought maybe someone so skilled in pic taking might could tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: obv the plants are amazing too. I just figured that went without saying.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I'm in the same spot. 5 weeks into flower and getting a bit of general yellowing all around that I'm pretty sure it's just fading. I posted the same question in my grow journal. Those are great pics you took. Did you use the flash? Every time I try to get pics like this I get the whole left upper corner of the pic completely hazy. I can get them close up but as soon as I back up the pics come out that way. I thought maybe someone so skilled in pic taking might could tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Lol thank man I appreciate the words of kindness. Honestly all I did was turn the light off in the tent and turn my flash on. Maybe it's my camera phone lol.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Lol thank man I appreciate the words of kindness. Honestly all I did was turn the light off in the tent and turn my flash on. Maybe it's my camera phone lol.
Is it Apple or Samsung? I bet it's Apple. They've got better cameras.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Over the years when a plant or plants go into flower I usually see a few fans fade out, as long as ph is good I clip em off or just leave them alone, I always remind myself that flower grows on branches not fan leaves, nute build up can throw off ph as long as that's straight u will be fine.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Over the years when a plant or plants go into flower I usually see a few fans fade out, as long as ph is good I clip em off or just leave them alone, I always remind myself that flower grows on branches not fan leaves, nute build up can throw off ph as long as that's straight u will be fine.
Normal fade usually starts at the bottom of the plant though ... I'm more inclined to believe you nailed it on your first response regarding backing off the nutes.

Top Bottom