5x5 Corner-to-Corner Solo Cup Run

• Thread starter Observationist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

You gonna give them a day of darkness and/or PK boost before flipping?
Good idea

I’m still thinking about the darkness bit because some already are deficient

And trying to avoid that lime green that occurs sometimes during flip due To - I think the drastic change in light hours it can’t move
nutrients up

Might slowly transition

currently leaving the timer on and waiting for signs of light stress, if they droop or try to move away from it, increased PPFD a bit

Observationist

Observationist

they are growing

will be moving to a 2-2 light schedule soon (TM), see how that works out

Observationist

Observationist

Why that light schedule?
Experiment to know 100%

Im pretty sure it’s probably already documented or known but also seems like it’s not

Does it have to be 10 or 12 or 14 hours of Uninterrupted darkness to initiate flowering?

Because you can give plants 4Hours of light to a total of 16hours over the day with dark cycles between, and they’ll stay in veg, was curious about the other way around, but I think due to hormones/signaling (?) it won’t work, it has be uninterrupted dark periods.
So want to put an end to all the second guessing.

And like to experiment, and then IF that doesn’t work, I wanted to see if it’s possible to flip them AND then go back to a 2-2 = 12hrs and see what happens lol

I think the answer will be it won’t work, and then flipping back to 2-2 after flower set, would fuck it up and lose time and have to correct it

But hey let’s find out

My own little research I guess

I started to but only did it for barely a week and got impatient and just went to 13-11

Observationist

Observationist

this grow has been on 4-2 since the start with a few PPFD tweaks and different PPFD zones now as I have them staggered/sorted

Only the last night did i leave the light on to “tire” them out

I can give the smaller plants area less light and the bigger ones more

No3r

No3r

Experiment to know 100%

Im pretty sure it’s probably already documented or known but also seems like it’s not

Does it have to be 10 or 12 or 14 hours of Uninterrupted darkness to initiate flowering?

Because you can give plants 4Hours of light to a total of 16hours over the day with dark cycles between, and they’ll stay in veg, was curious about the other way around, but I think due to hormones/signaling (?) it won’t work, it has be uninterrupted dark periods.

And like to experiment, and then IF that doesn’t work, I wanted to see if it’s possible to flip them AND then go back to a 2-2 = 12hrs and see what happens lol

I think the answer will be it won’t work, and then flipping back to 2-2 after flower set, would fuck it up and lose time and have to correct it

But hey let’s find out

I started to but only did it for barely a week and got impatient and just went to 13-11
I flower at 11/13

No3r

No3r

Experiment to know 100%

But hey let’s find out

Depending on genetics could stress them enough to hermie. So be careful of messing with light schedule unless you’re stress testing genetics.

Observationist

Observationist

Depending on genetics could stress them enough to hermie. So be careful of messing with light schedule unless you’re stress testing genetics.
Not to be dismissal or sound dickish

I’m aware, I’ll fuck with it in veg but not so much in flower

I have transplanted in mid flower before lol , don’t advise it of course. And was only one plant , very anecdotal, but nothing happened besides stall for a little

Think I’ve done 14-10 12-12 ofc and 11-13

Curious what’s optimal though

No3r

No3r

Not to be dismissal or sound dickish

I’m aware, I’ll fuck with it in veg but not so much in flower

I have transplanted in mid flower before lol , don’t advise it of course. And was only one plant , very anecdotal, but nothing happened besides stall for a little

Think I’ve done 14-10 12-12 ofc and 11-13

Curious what’s optimal though
They’re your plants 🤷🏽

all this “experimenting” is unnecessary as there have already been done by universities.

But you know it all right. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom